• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel Well Liner Sag

Hello all. I noticed the black plastic linings in my wheels wells are sagging. All fasteners appear to be in place. Is this common? Is there anything I can do to correct this short of replacing the linings? Many thanks.

Attachments

• 64D63849-89CB-47F7-9678-30BB2D45F000.jpg
    64D63849-89CB-47F7-9678-30BB2D45F000.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 169
  • BE23CEBF-8B8D-4952-984F-B2EF4F4D10D8.jpg
    BE23CEBF-8B8D-4952-984F-B2EF4F4D10D8.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
On the rear, the fender liners are constrained by screws at each end. I would loosen all of them up, then make sure you have all plastic clips inserted (there's a bunch), and then tighten one side of the screws down (front, or back). After you get one side tightened, go to the other end of the liner and push it up while tightening the remaining screws. There's a bit of play in the fender liners holes for the screws/clips and that might help.

I think on the front there's only screws at the rear of the liner. But, you can follow the same process as for the rears, and basically push the liner all the way up and forward before tightening those rear screws back down.

Probably pretty common. Mine sag a little, the rears a little more than the fronts. Probably not as much as yours. I would give Mac Attack's approach a try. Also, installing a couple extra of those rotating clips in the spots where the gaps are larger might be a way of pulling the liner closer to the fender lip.

I removed a front fender liner this weekend and agree with Solidol-it's probably the plastic clips that are behind some of the screws in the wheel well. Two of mine were broken previously, another cracked on removal. Based on the thread below I believe the clip that breaks is 74103-SL0-000.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/206988-fender-liner-fasteners

I would push gently on the fasteners around the drooping area; if they move then they are broken on the inside. Order enough clips from that thread before removing the liner-you'll lose the clips on removal.

Last edited:
Back