• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheels and big brakes

Is there any easy way to tell if a big brake kit will fit 17 and 18 inch wheels? Can you tell just by looking at the offsets offered or do you have to contact the the dealers and ask about each and every wheel type?

-matt

Is there any easy way to tell if a big brake kit will fit 17 and 18 inch wheels?

No.

Can you tell just by looking at the offsets offered or do you have to contact the the dealers and ask about each and every wheel type?

Even that might not work. The problem is that a wheel might clear the calipers around the OUTSIDE (the rim) whereas the SPOKES might not clear the caliper. And vendors will not know for sure unless they have a customer that has actually tried it with the same brake configuration on their NSX. Barring that, the only sure way to know is to either ask someone else who's done it with the same brake kit, or to try it yourself.

You can also contact Brembo or whomever the kit is from and have them send a Full caliper sweep.
The Wheel manufacturer can then take that and see if it will fit on their wheel.

I did this for the Racing Hart wheels I ordered 8 bajillion years ago. (But haven't arrived yet)

Edo is right, you need a spec sheet on the caliper sweep of the brake system. Even then, though, it's hard to say, as many wheel manufactures, even the good ones, will lok at you dumbfounded, or get it wrong. The NSX requires a large area of clear backspacing both on stock brackes and aftermarket.

Best way I've found is to 'name your products' and see if someone has experience with that setup.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Back