• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

When Honda enthusiasts travel to Japan - a summary of events.

Stunning photos and accounts in this thread. Thanks for taking the time!

The yellow RSC S800 pictured previously is the true father of Honda sports cars. The little sub 1000cc motor had a lot of high tech internals (for its day) and was a "little beast" on the track. Here's number 25 on start up.

Wow, what a crazy sounding car. Must be quite the raw driving experience. Thank you for sharing.

Stunning photos and accounts in this thread. Thanks for taking the time!

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the thread!

Hey Mike, I've been wanting to thank you for some time now. I found it funny that I was lamenting about going back to Japan in your thread in May last year and a few weeks later , I was invited to go to NSX Fiesta and the NSX 25th Anniversary Celebration/Tour. The information that you passed on in this thread was very helpful. Especially the remote hotspot rental. Thank you.

Talk about your Honda fan boy trips....it was amazing. As I said before, the people are awesome. My son went with me for his first time. We both agreed that our favorite part of the trip was at the NSX Club of Japan's Banquet. My son and I sat at a table where we were the only ones able to speak English. But, we soon found out that we all spoke car fluently. We spent almost two hours writing in English on scraps of paper and sharing pictures of our cars from our phones. The next morning, on the track at Suzuka, every one of those gentlemen greeted us and offered us a ride in their car around Suzuka. And one guy offered to let me drive his 02 NSX-R. I declined his offer and did a lap as a passenger instead. We are all Facebook friends now. I want to go back again.

It's so great to hear you were able to go back so soon; especially for such an event. What a story. It must have been amazing to share the love of the NSX with fellow enthusiasts from the other side of the globe. That may have been your only chance to drive a Type-R! Though I would have declined as well. Just the offer is enough to put a smile on your face. How kind of him to offer.

I also can't wait to return. If you are invited to NSX Fiesta again, save me a spot :)

Mike B

Last edited:
Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

Can't believe I missed this earlier. Maybe others will appreciate the bump. :smile:

Good to see that Japan hasn't changed much.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

Can't believe I missed this earlier. Maybe others will appreciate the bump. :smile:

Good to see that Japan hasn't changed much.

I'm glad you reviewed this amazing thread...prime has so many over the years...

Back