• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

When it rains it pours.......

:frown:

I thought my problems were bad enough and then this happens! July isnt shaping up to be my month... Actually 2005 has really sucked...

Well I was on the way to work today I had just got off I-5 heading North and was coming on 405 South to go to Woodinville. It was raining a little.... I was in the far right lane going up the hill towards Canyon Park, getting ready to merge into the lane to the left of me... I noticed a "sheet" of water on the road so I slowed down a little... Next thing you know I was at about a 45deg angle pointed towards the right.... tried to correct a little... it straightned out.. Then all of the suddon whipped around to the lane left of me.. A 89 Lincoln Continental hit my right rear quarter and proceeded to push me across all 5 lanes of traffic until I ended up in the carpool lane... Luckly we were both ok and the lady in the lincoln actually drove her car away when it was all done. My car had to get towed away and is at the body shop...

I would have to guess it needs a new rear bumper and lower valance, right quarter panel, maybe a new right vent, a new HP 19" wheel.... a new upper a-arm, maybe a lower a-arm... I'm not sure about the frame yet.. I dunno they are gonna look at it on Monday I guess.

I'll post some pics when I get some...

Anyone know of a good body shop that works on NSX's in the Seattle/Eastside area? I know the guy at this one.. but I'm not sure if I want him to work on it or not.. My experience with him is mixed...

Ugh, sorry to hear about that. Events like this are why I only drive my daily driver when it rains.

I'm sorry to hear that, Kevin. I'm glad you are alright physically...
What's your expectation on the repair?? If your insurance company is fully responsible on that, and you are paying the deductable, Queen City will be the one to go... if not, I had couple friends too. However I don't think they are doing 10 out of 10 job. PM me if you are interested.

RE: RNR

I hope there is a lot different now than when I used to work there... (it was about 6-7 years ago.) They are large bodyshop and they had their own detail department.

they liked to used acid when cleaing wheels, reving customer cars excessively, burn out, cranking stereo up, scraping lower bumper (m3 light weight), "white shit" flew everywhere inside the car, dirty "shammys" on fresh paint... of course it looks better when it's done detailing, but I guess what they did to customer's car was totally an abuse. The guys that I used to work with and the boss were all gone by now... but with a company letting them doing that, I don't want to give them a second chance.

Sorry to hear about the accident. As for having bent the A-arms, that would be likely. But I doubt you bent the frame, the NSX doesn't have one :wink:

As far a local body shop to trust in your area, you must choose wisely! Just because your car is at body shop "X" right now does not mean you are married to them. Ask around for shops near you (or far from you for that matter. I wouldn't care how far I drove to get it done right.) with NSX experience. Not just any shop can do the right job.

HTH

Well, everyone will have their own opinions about different bodyshops and their experiences. I can tell you that I have delt with RnR, Bellevue Auto Rebuild, Bodyworks, and a few others. If i had to take my vehicle somewhere it would be Bellevue Auto Rebuild. I work for Mercedes-Benz of Bellevue (Service Dept) and they do all of our repairs because they are the only ones certified for Mercedes-Benz repairs, and these repairs cover everything from a basic C-class to the Maybach & SLR. Most car owners will deal with a bodyshop only once or twice, I deal with them several times a week. In 7 years of working with Bellevue Auto Rebuild, I have only seen one imperfection, and that was immediately corrected. You have to remember, that anyone can make a mistake, but will they correct it or acknowledge it at all.

Call Bellevue Auto Rebuild 425-453-2901 and ask for Trip Mathess, he is one of the lead managers. Tell him that Dean sent you. If you have any questions let me know with a PM. Goodluck.

At least contact Acura of Bellevue or Acura of Lynnwood and ask for their imput. But again if a bodyshop can handle a Maybach ($400,000) which they have already repaired one due to a shipping scratch, then they should be able to handle an NSX. They have also repaired several CL500's, CL55's, and CL600's - all of these vehicles have magnesum in the doors which must be as defficult as aluminum.

here are some pics I took today of the damage.

looks like the adjuster is saying about $8733 to fix

$5547 in parts and the rest in labor.

Here are the parts the spec'd

Rear bumper cover

Rear Valance

RT mounting bracket

Rt Rear Quarter Panel

Rt Wheel house liner

Wheel house liner gromets

Rear RT Stay

RT Upper Control Arm

RT OUter Tie Rod

RT Strut Assembly

RT Knuckle

If anyone has any of these parts let me know...

Thanks

Kevin

Attachments

• NSX_Damage 002.jpg
    NSX_Damage 002.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 137
  • NSX_Damage 006.jpg
    NSX_Damage 006.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 141
  • NSX_Damage 011.jpg
    NSX_Damage 011.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 136
Wow - dude, really sorry to hear about all this. It's unreal how much it costs to fix cars... If you gotta buy new parts you should consider trying to get as much from a place that will give you an NSXCA discount or something. I always get a 10% discount (parts and labor) on everything from Acura of Lynnwood. I know they can't do body work tho... but when I spun my car I got some used suspension parts and I personally wouldn't do it again. You just never know what you're getting even if they look fine there can be differences. I assume insurance is gonna cover this? or is it out of pocket?

The insurance company will cut you a check for the parts and repairs that they estimate. What you do with that check is up to you. IMO you should order your new parts from Niello Acura and get your 25% NSXCA discount (like I did :smile: ).

Good luck with your repair.

Back