• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

It’s a very sad time for Honda. But they did give us a turbo front wheel drive civic straight from the depths of fast and furious hell 20 years late in the form of the ugliest 4 door car I have ever feasted eyes on.
It's all subjective. I love it, people love it and it gets more positive (!) reactions from strangers whereever I go than I was actually looking for. A nearly 50 years old guy in a hot hatch might help too. :) Recently when I saw a father with his son posing next to my new toy taking pictures. :) Last but not least, it's a womanizer too. :D. I even favored it to the new NSX, not just because it was cheaper. I wish Honda had designed the 'new' NSX a little bit more aggressively/exotic. It might sell faster...no updates in sight?
Note the ultimate sporty 'Toro Rosso' sticker on the rear window. :) All other cars are boring... :)

Attachments

• DSCF0616 - Kopie.JPG
    DSCF0616 - Kopie.JPG
    509.7 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:
It's all subjective. I love it, people love it and it gets more positive (!) reactions from strangers whereever I go than I was actually looking for. A nearly 50 years old guy in a hot hatch might help too. :) Recently when I saw a father with his son posing next to my new toy taking pictures. :) Last but not least, it's a womanizer too. :D. I even favored it to the new NSX, not just because it was cheaper. I wish Honda had designed the 'new' NSX a little bit more aggressively/exotic. It might sell faster...no updates in sight?
Note the ultimate sporty 'Toro Rosso' sticker on the rear window. :) All other cars are boring... :)

If they made it in a coupe, I might buy one. But it’s still front wheel drive.

With all this talk of a Ferrari - just wanted to point out we are currently shopping for a 2015 458 Speciale' in white or yellow :)

There is something special about owning a Ferrari, the allure is always there and this is something Acura will never be able to touch. Just a fact. With that said, both of our NSX's are not going anywhere. We truly believe each car serves a unique purpose.

On the FB pages one guy said I can't believe someone would drive an s2000 over the 2nd gen NSX???? Just like not all NSX owners are the same, neither are s2000 owners. In talking to many people who own exotics, many also happen to have an s2000 or other high performance Japanese car. We personally know 2 Ferrari owners who daily drives a __________ (you guessed its, a 2nd gen NSX!)

In our eyes a Ferrari will NEVER be a substitute for a s2000 nor a NSX or say a Porsche but each car serves a special purpose. For example on a cross-country trek, we'd NEVER drive the s2000 or Ferrari, but gladly driven the 2nd gen NSX. If you want to turn heads, any of the above will do it but if you wanted to row your own gears, again only one car will work.

None of these cars can really be your only car in the garage as most owners have multiple cars. Also your geographic climate is a big factor. In Chicago these cars have severely limited usage periods. Pretty sure if you only have one car, none of these cars would be a choice :)

We love that Porsche still is the only company that offers a manual tranny! Kudos to them!

I drive mine in Chicago 12 months a year.

Snow tires on the NSX make it fantastic on cold, clear days.

I used to drive my S2000 in Boston in the winter as well with snow tires.

I also admit to being an odd ball.

orders for 2019 go in this week.

a few changes are coming, nothing mind blowing. no BSM, ACC or lift.

Acura will release details and orange tomorrow at Monterey Car Week.

Will check out the orange when for sure!

Now it's really up to Acura to show us a really cool Type-R version in 2020 or they will really start to lose the attention of many....this is really a great car for those who have owned or driven one for long periods :)

well the cars in Canada that are priced right on the used market are moving (not on market long) as the savvy buyer is aware of the incentives that were probably taken advantage of buy the original purchaser.. I dooo really want a Gen 2 but have to stick with one that may be gently used next year if the trade/timing is right... I know the # I'm looking at targeting and I don't think its unreasonably, if you follow any mass produced exotic depreciation on Y2 or 3.... we'll see...

Thanks for the head's up. Will be looking for the announcement. Still think Acura should add a lift and ACC though. :) Not dealbreakers, but would be nice.

Blind Spot Monitoring would be ok on a car like this, and lift, necessary for a daily driver.

Acura's online configurator shows these samples (but the rest of the page still only shows the 2018 colors).

paint-intro-swatches-medium.png

Three sales in July 2018, what's the prediction for August?

Yes, I have a second set of original Y spokes with Pirelli Sotto Zero 3 rubber in the OEM sizes.
Nearly $6K with the sensors, mounting, etc.

Acura's online configurator shows these samples (but the rest of the page still only shows the 2018 colors).

paint-intro-swatches-medium.png

When I visited Acura's site today I saw these colors.

When I went back this evening the original colors were back, maybe someone jumped the gun.

From the image you kindly shared it looks like 130R white is going bye bye. That would be a surprise.

When I went back this evening the original colors were back, maybe someone jumped the gun.

From the image you kindly shared it looks like 130R white is going bye bye. That would be a surprise.

Perhaps 130R survives after all. Comparing the original colors to the 2019 samples it looks like the second from the left is Source Silver Metallic and not a new dark grey.

2018-2019.png

Perhaps 130R survives after all. Comparing the original colors to the 2019 samples it looks like the second from the left is Source Silver Metallic and not a new dark grey.

2018-2019.png

Thanks Tom

My source talked about Nord Gray going and Make Up Some Name Orange coming so the addition of a gray and dumping 130R White was confusing to me

I'm glad they are continuing to tweak the car (suspension) for improvements despite such low sales. 2018 have incentives so you'll see double digit sales this month.

The color changes inside and out and mixing up options is interesting but nothing that involves engineering work. I am surprised they kept the dated infotainment. Thought they would lift the unit from the 2018 Accord. And climate control could use some knobs rather than all buttons requiring driver to take eyes off road. Regardless, I welcome the changes. Look to 2020 for powertrain enhancements.

Back