• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

For those who missed seeing the Corvette reveal, a summary:

Freedom. Astronauts. America. Corvette.

Some of you think it's not a Corvette because it doesn't have a long hood. Well, it's a Corvette; it has pushrods.

The DCT shifts faster than all of you who are bummed that it doesn't have a stickshift.

Dry sump. Three scavenge pumps!

It's fast.

The styling is reminiscent of a jet fighter, just like the NA1. And it has a Bose audio system.

The seats have really thick stitching.

For those who missed seeing the Corvette reveal, a summary:

Freedom. Astronauts. America. Corvette.

Some of you think it's not a Corvette because it doesn't have a long hood. Well, it's a Corvette; it has pushrods.

The DCT shifts faster than all of you who are bummed that it doesn't have a stickshift.

Dry sump. Three scavenge pumps!

It's fast.

The styling is reminiscent of a jet fighter, just like the NA1. And it has a Bose audio system.

The seats have really thick stitching.

LOL-ing at this description, but it is accurate. The only issues with the reveal were 10 minutes with the astronauts. I would have made the connection by having said astronauts drive the car onto the stage.

After a good night of sleep, I take back the NC1 being dead. This is because I'm thinking ahead 5 years when we will see base C8s available for $30k used, and we'll see these cars on every street corner in a year. I will say that The General unloaded a bomb onto all the exotic makers. They did what Acura did in 1989 when the NA1 was introduced. At this point, most of what the exotics manufacturers have is exclusivity. That includes the NC1 NSX, which will continue to be a rare, exclusive, fast, reasonably reliable car. I still like the NC1, but man is a C8 tempting.

So y'all are saying I should go ahead and sign for the $147K out-the-door deal I have on a new '19?

:tongue:

... OK, neuronbob seems to think maybe I really should?

Buy two corvettes. One to track one to DD.

Seriously. GM dropped the gauntlet. Targa, NA V8, mid engine under 3 sec 0-60.
If you like exclusivity NSX sure but that’s the only reason I can think of.

MC

Great performance package for the price. That being said, much more to a car that performance figures as it’s all essentially the same at this point. Will have to see the details in person and what the car feels like. My experience with GM is they look good in photos but when you are actually in the car pressing buttons, turning knobs etc, the quality is not quite there. Lots of play etc

In '92 I sat in a brand new Vette at my local dealership. When I sat down and closed the door an interior door panel fell off in my lap. That was 27 years ago. Have they improved?

In '92 I sat in a brand new Vette at my local dealership. When I sat down and closed the door an interior door panel fell off in my lap. That was 27 years ago. Have they improved?

I've been in a few Corvette2 since 1992, and no door panels fell off. I've test driven a C7 ZO6 and it was a beast. However I didn't like the long front end.

I've been in a few Corvette2 since 1992, and no door panels fell off. I've test driven a C7 ZO6 and it was a beast. However I didn't like the long front end.

Sat in my brother in-law's 2019 ZR1 a few months ago, the fit and finish of the car was really good, the materials were high grade, the engine was silky smooth with a punch, the suspension was well tuned and sorted out, quiet mode was relatively comfortable, super stiff chassis with very little flex. Sadly the protrusion on the hood due to the supercharger was a real turn off for me since it really affected front visibility. I have been on track with a Z51 equipped C7 previously and didn't feel that way due to the lack of the prominent bump on the hood.

Really looking forward to a test drive of the C8 :D

I’ve owned two 2nd gen CTS-Vs and can tell you that GM’s build quality is orders of magnitude better than in 1992. Going nearly bankrupt really woke GM up ten years ago. 6 1/2 years/43k miles with my manual V wagon, and no rattles. That used to be Honda’s turf alone.

I had a 2000 C5 convertible that I leased for 39 months. Other than one headlight, having a mind of its own, that would go halfway up, during the day, and stay there, had to have it "fixed" 3 times, before they got it right. The interior was the same as the Malibu, but oh the sound of the V8! The car rode and handled well, but at the end of the lease, I couldn't wait to turn it in. I leased a 2002 NSX for 3 years, didn't want to turn it in, so I extended the lease by 6 months, still didn't want to turn it in, so I bought it. Now it's the longest I've ever owned a car, and still love driving it. After returning from Kid's Day, the car was a mess, and it's too hot for me to wash, so I brought it to a high end, hand wash, the guy in the Porsche behind me, asked if I was looking to sell it. Not for sale, I told him, check back with my estate. The new Vette is a "game changer", and should attract a entirely new group of enthusiasts. The "old school" Vette owners, will avoid it, the same way many decided that the digital NSX, wasn't really a NSX. Those that are looking for the most bang for the buck, with handling that cars 4x the price will be jealous of....................Now, lets see if they come out with a manual version........................

....................Now, lets see if they come out with a manual version........................

I don't think it'll matter too much. I know that I could live without a manual and opt for a DCT when using it for daily driving.

the gtr sales are telling, performance is similar to nc1 but the average spec is priced lower...its not pretty nor exotic looking, you have alot less to spout about at cars and coffee but....

To me, the C8 is GM's response to the Ford GT

Ford went higher end than any American car ever, plus exclusivity and created a winner

Now GM is saying we are going to provide a major value play and put real super cars in craploads of garages around the world

Now let's see if Cry Slur reacts by selling death cats for $45K to undercut the GM play

To me, the C8 is GM's response to the Ford GT

Ford went higher end than any American car ever, plus exclusivity and created a winner

Now GM is saying we are going to provide a major value play and put real super cars in craploads of garages around the world

Now let's see if Cry Slur reacts by selling death cats for $45K to undercut the GM play

I don't see the Corvette as a response to the Ford GT. Maybe a Shelby Mustang.

They may have been emboldened by the GT but people have been screaming for a mid engine Vette for decades, and they reached the limit of the FR platform

MC

I respectfully disagree

Ford made a joke out of GM with the GT and GM is striking back like all corporate competitors do

Just in a surprising way. Vette was always "obtainable" and now they are dialing up the product

Just imagine the GM ads when the six figure version of the C8 croaks the GT in every performance measure

I respectfully disagree

Ford made a joke out of GM with the GT and GM is striking back like all corporate competitors do

Just in a surprising way. Vette was always "obtainable" and now they are dialing up the product

Just imagine the GM ads when the six figure version of the C8 croaks the GT in every performance measure

I see your point when the 1000hp C8 hits the streets. However I don't think they are direct competitors.

Agreed, not a direct competitor, more about blowing the other offering away for a fraction of the price

Ford GT owners appear to be a mix of Ford centric folks as well as broad exotic stable holders.

The C8 will have a crazy wide ownership range, plus with RHD, they will over run Australia

We will just have to wait and see.

Have you seen the MMR reports? The NC1 is taking a beating recently at the auctions.

Back