• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

RSO, I loved that

plus Brioni is the cat's meow

i was invited to drive a Rolls around Chicago. Drove a Ghost which is not that sweet to me relative to a Phantom and I didn't get bespoke swag

you are the man

I arrived wearing my jeans, mets shirt, Acura baseball cap and my Simpson driving shoes. They didn't believe I was the one with the appointment until I showed my letter and photo ID. I then drove the salesman all around manhattan for the next hour in a Corniche Convertible, brought it back and told him it was uncomfortable (I was actually too tall with the ragtop up), got my ticket punched by the GM of the dealership and made an appointment with my personal Brioni tailor.

8 weeks later I had a custom made Brioni sports jacket with a retail price of $3800 (the buttons I picked out added to the price..........).

And nobody ever was able to tell me how I got on "the list" for this since it was meant for high profile celebrities and athletes........... :tongue:

It wasn't you Bob, it was the Mets shirt. :tongue:

It wasn't you Bob, it was the Mets shirt. :tongue:

I figured it would be the Acura baseball cap but you could be right...........

Postcript: For the next three years after that I received invitations to drive a new BMW, Lexus, Jaguar and Cadillac. In exchange I received Broadway show tickets, New York Giants tickets, dinner for two at Le Bernadin and a $250 debit card.

(And the poor BMW salesperson who came with me on the test drive needed a new pair of pants after I had a little fun.)

Apparently I used to be "somebody"............

Last edited:
I took brioschi once:redface:

hey new owners ,anyone doing a custom paint protection system after cure period.?

I planned to do a partial Xpel (not sure if that is what you meant). I totally forgot about the "curing" period. I guess I should hold off a bit and hope I don't catch much track junk in the mean time.

yes I meant a sticky film:wink:

I remember when I was living in Manhattan (NYC) and the Rolls Royce dealership on the east side had a customer walk in looking somewhat less than affluent (aka jeans and a little less than polished) and no salesperson came over to him but for one since they thought this was someone not able to purchase a Rolls. It turned out to be artist Claes Oldenburg and he ended up buying two from the one salesperson who gave him the time of day.

I had a somewhat similar experience when for whatever reason I received a hand delivered personal invitation from the President of Rolls Royce asking me to test drive a new Corniche Convertible. If I did test drive it I would received a custom made Brioni sports jacket for free with no obligation to purchase the car. The jacket would be made through Neiman Marcus and they would fly someone in from Italy to fit me and pick out the materials, etc.

It just so happened that I had my suits made at that NM at that time so I brought the letter in to them to ask it if was real. They called in the store manager to meet me since they had heard of that being done for a select few people and had not met anyone with that "golden ticket". They confirmed it was real so I made an appointment with the Rolls Royce dealer in Manhattan.

I arrived wearing my jeans, mets shirt, Acura baseball cap and my Simpson driving shoes. They didn't believe I was the one with the appointment until I showed my letter and photo ID. I then drove the salesman all around manhattan for the next hour in a Corniche Convertible, brought it back and told him it was uncomfortable (I was actually too tall with the ragtop up), got my ticket punched by the GM of the dealership and made an appointment with my personal Brioni tailor.

8 weeks later I had a custom made Brioni sports jacket with a retail price of $3800 (the buttons I picked out added to the price..........).

And nobody ever was able to tell me how I got on "the list" for this since it was meant for high profile celebrities and athletes........... :tongue:

This made me smile. You never know who you will encounter in life or how deep their wallet goes. If your a salesman, you should be busting your ass for sales no matter who walks in looking at cars. Not everyone wears suits and ties when car shopping. What a funny and cool story. So, how did you get on the list anyhow?

This made me smile. You never know who you will encounter in life or how deep their wallet goes. If your a salesman, you should be busting your ass for sales no matter who walks in looking at cars. Not everyone wears suits and ties when car shopping. What a funny and cool story. So, how did you get on the list anyhow?

I never found out how I got on the list. And I still remember the manager of Neiman Marcus asking me "no offense, but how did YOU get on the list?" And I always had my suits custom made at that neiman Marcus and that wasn't enough to convince the store manager that I should be on the list. :biggrin:

Nosirrahx, I like how they put your car in the center of their we're moving screen shot.

The demographics in Andover are much better than their Stoneham location.

Their Facebook page had endless pics of their cool projects and I gave up clicking after a 100 or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Serial # 086, a Valencia red one is in Palatine, IL. This is the dealer who asked me for a $50K market adjustment.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a terribly shot video of the blue one in E Brunswick, NJ. But at least you will get a good look at the blue and some of the car's details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc761PM8qPI

My sense is this car is quite close in spec to Nosirrahx's car

Thanks HotHonda

Interesting to read the input of someone with ownership experience in the Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo worlds, who also purchased a new NSX to share time with his 488.

I thing he summarized the car's utility perfectly; The nsx would be a very nice daily driver that someone could track.

Thanks HotHonda

Interesting to read the input of someone with ownership experience in the Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo worlds, who also purchased a new NSX to share time with his 488.

I thing he summarized the car's utility perfectly; The nsx would be a very nice daily driver that someone could track.

.just like the original......:smile:

The new NSX is somewhat less suited for everyday use than the original.
I think I'm only stating the obvious here. The original NSX had more
ground clearance, more trunk space, and a spare tire.

And the original had tires with a sensible profile for real-world roads.
Since 1991, market trends have prioritized fashion over practicality
in tire/wheel proportions--but potholes are still a fact of life.

Counterpoint

The original had a crappy automatic.

For old folks like me who live in cities with horrible traffic, Gen 1 had no practicality. Gen 2 with the DCT makes the car realistic for me.

The first gen nsx has no business on roads in which tax dollars have a factor in providing comfort. I would say the new nsx can handle modern day roads far better. The first gen, please.... It is so outdated.

Last edited:
I'm curious how tread life is for these new cars as the first gen rear tire life are very wasteful...

I'm a NSX newbie-- can you elaborate? Did the Gen 1 car have aggressive negative camber? I'm actually hoping that the Gen 2 ships with (or can be adjusted to have) aggressive track alignment (which would eat soft tires on the street)

Last edited:
I'm a NSX newbie-- can you elaborate? Did the Gen 1 car have aggressive negative camber? I'm actually hoping that the Gen 2 ships with (or can be adjusted to have) aggressive track alignment (which would eat soft tires on the street)

Typical rear tire life is between 3k-5k miles depending on the compound. 10K if you use hard all-season tires I suppose...

Many people have taken measures to adjust the toe and camber to extend tire life as tracking/ultimate handling is not their main concern.

The first gen nsx has no business on roads in which tax dollars have a factor in providing comfort. I would say the new nsx can handle modern day roads far better. The first gen, please.... It is so outdated.

Can I assume you are kidding? The Gen 1 NSX does as well on public roads as any 90's-era car, and better than most given how far it was ahead of its time. I know yours is modded quite a bit. Could that be impacting your opinion?

Back