• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

not a good trend...

even that (less than 1/2 of what's currently for sale) is still a lot of cars for a brand new model...

People are speculating to make a profit. This happens with many highly awaited models. Hardly deserving of "sky falling down" paranoia.

People are speculating to make a profit. This happens with many highly awaited models. Hardly deserving of "sky falling down" paranoia.

And since the speculators turned out to be wrong and they are not making profits when does the bubble burst and prices start to go below msrp and then some speculators panic and the prices start to tumble?

Don't get me wrong, I like the car but it came in overpriced and those with the cash are happy to wait for the seemingly inevitable fire sale.

interesting topic...is the new car priced by what it costs to make and based on certain roi metrics, or is priced arbitrarily to fit into a certain peer group of product?

And since the speculators turned out to be wrong and they are not making profits when does the bubble burst and prices start to go below msrp and then some speculators panic and the prices start to tumble?

Don't get me wrong, I like the car but it came in overpriced and those with the cash are happy to wait for the seemingly inevitable fire sale.

When does any bubble burst? When the intrinsic and speculative values of the asset no longer holds they're respective values for whatever reason: economic or sociological or personal. If you're looking for a specific time, use a Markhov-switching multi-fractal to determine a probable time. Some speculators have lost out and some have earned a premium. My point, that seems lost, centers on the speculative nature of many of the new NSXs for sale, which remains a characteristic of new sports cars.

interesting topic...is the new car priced by what it costs to make and based on certain roi metrics, or is priced arbitrarily to fit into a certain peer group of product?

I don't know for sure but I'd think that the pricing strategy includes a fair amount of profit given a certain sales amount instead of emphasis on ranging within the price points of competitors. But ICBW.

We should start monitoring the mix of under $200K versus over $200K. If the inventory of the former continues to grow, that is a sign of softness. The latter, not so much.

A product is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay and seller willing to sell. Dealers obviously do not need to sell at a lower price and buyer not willing to pay at a premium, hence what we are seeing.
At the end of the day, the market will dictate where it should be. Very common knowledge here.
I hope you're right Aussie. If inventory starts to pile up and dealers discounting... I'd have more picking.

Factory invoice on the base model is $146,121 so that is a $10k cushion and since most dealers are specing cars with lots of high priced options there should be additional room for discounting after these cars have spent the winter inside showrooms with no takers rushing in when spring rolls around. Quite simply, if this car was in demand we wouldn't see so many listed for sale. I see the same dealers relist their cars on fleabay every 3-7 days and most have zero interest and bidding. There will be sales when there are "deals" to be had.

just like most IPO's:wink:

The reason that many of the speculative NSX remain unsold is that people who really do want to buy one want to configure their own car, not have to settle for someone else's idea, and probably have placed an order, and are patiently waiting for theirs to be made.
The badge snobs haven't quite realized that NC1 isn't just a similar car to the current McLaren, Porsche & Ferrari offerings, it's closer to their million dollar limited release models of a few years ago, albeit on a useable everyday scale.

15590243_10154926520395513_4397576986963838071_n.jpg

Ludacris got his apparently:

https://www.facebook.com/Ludacris/p...49581355512/10154926520395513/?type=3&theater

good , he is a honda fan maybe we will see him at nsxpo next year...

More interested in his Legend, honestly....maybe he could have it towed to Wisconsin. I love 2G Legends.....

I think it's a good idea to compare over $200k to under $200k cars.

yeah, but that car has tradition and a crazy loyal fan base.

even if the NSX GT3 could be like that (obviously wont due to 9spd dct), it wouldn't command $400k over.

yeah, but that car has tradition and a crazy loyal fan base.

even if the NSX GT3 could be like that (obviously wont due to 9spd dct), it wouldn't command $400k over.

It's all about limited number and listening to consumers to build a car THEY want. 991 examples, first 918 were given first right to 918 owners. The remaining to their VIP customers. 6-speed manual, pure raw driving excitement. The car is not even a track oriented car like their GT3 or GT3 RS.

I think the new NSX would be a high demand car and stand by itself if Acura remembers what. With the R8 deserting the manual tranny, not a single exotic offers the manual tranny (besides the Vette and Viper).

a) 6-speed manual for purists
b) Drop the hybrid powertrain

It's all about limited number and listening to consumers to build a car THEY want. 991 examples, first 918 were given first right to 918 owners. The remaining to their VIP customers. 6-speed manual, pure raw driving excitement. The car is not even a track oriented car like their GT3 or GT3 RS.

bingo. Porsche knows what drivers want, and builds their cars accordingly.

Acura built the car they wanted. which obviously isn't the car most everyone else wants...

bingo. Porsche knows what drivers want, and builds their cars accordingly.

Acura built the car they wanted. which obviously isn't the car most everyone else wants...

A bit like the toothpaste ad "...more Dentists recommend...".

Honda built a new car fresh out the starting blocks in a crowded market, clearly to differentiate it from competitive offerings. Porsche have had decades of product development and gathered cult following. But I somehow think the irony will be lost on you....

...I think it's a good idea to compare over $200k to under $200k cars.

There's growing evidence of market softness in general sales: Doing a little digging, back in October Bloomberg reported:

"Ford Motor Co. is shutting its Mustang factory in Michigan for a week after the iconic sports car suffered a 32 percent sales decline in the U.S. last month and was outsold by the Chevrolet Camaro for the first time in almost two years.

The second-largest U.S. automaker idled the factory in Flat Rock, south of Detroit, to match production capacity with demand, Kelli Felker, a company spokeswoman, said in an e-mailed statement. The plant, which employs 3,702 workers and makes Mustangs and Lincoln Continentals, will resume production Oct. 17, Felker said. Under the automaker’s labor agreement, workers will be paid during the shutdown.

The idling may be a sign of the growing weakness of the U.S. auto market, which had been a leading driver of economic growth. Automakers’ monthly sales have been coming up short -- though they beat expectations in September -- and many analysts are now predicting the U.S. auto industry won’t match last year’s record of 17.5 million cars and light trucks."

Then a week later Bloomberg added:

"Ford Motor Co. is temporarily halting one of two plants that builds the top-selling F-150 pickup as it idles four factories this month amid slowing U.S. auto sales.

This week, Ford is shutting its Louisville, Kentucky, factory building the Escape and Lincoln MKC sport utility vehicles, as well as two plants in Mexico that make the Fusion sedan and Fiesta subcompact, according to an e-mailed statement. Next week, the second-largest U.S. automaker said, it will close the F-150 factory near Kansas City for seven days. And starting Oct. 31, the Louisville plant will be idled for another week, Ford said."

And announced today via AP:

"General Motors will temporarily close five factories next month as it tries to reduce a growing inventory of cars on dealer lots. The factories will close anywhere from one to three weeks due to the ongoing U.S. market shift toward trucks and SUVs, spokeswoman Dayna Hart said Monday. Just over 10,000 workers will be idled. The company's Detroit-Hamtramck factory and Fairfax Assembly plant in Kansas City, Kansas, each will be shut down for three weeks, while a plant in Lansing, Michigan, will be down for two weeks. Factories in Lordstown, Ohio, and Bowling Green, Kentucky, each will be idled for one week.

The factories make most cars in the General Motors lineup including the Chevrolet Cruze, Camaro, Corvette, Malibu, Volt and Impala; the Cadillac CT6, CTS and ATS; and the Buick Lacrosse.

At the current sales pace, GM dealers have enough Malibus to last for 84 days and enough Camaros to last for 177 days, according to Ward's Automotive. Normally automakers like to have a 60-day supply on lots."

And again today:

"Fiat Chrysler is adding four off days to the Jan. 2 observation of New Year’s at its minivan assembly plant in Windsor, Ontario, and its large-car facility in Brampton, Ontario.

The moves are to align production with demand, spokeswoman Jodi Tinson said in an e-mail."

Back