• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

I was told by the mods here to stop my pissing match. But yet, I still get snuffed out to everyone elses opinions. WTF is up with that? Doesn't matter. For the handful of peeps here who post how great the car is, 99.9% of the world begs to differ. Silence it if that is your last defense.

I was told by the mods here to stop my pissing match. But yet, I still get snuffed out to everyone elses opinions. WTF is up with that? Doesn't matter. For the handful of peeps here who post how great the car is, 99.9% of the world begs to differ. Silence it if that is your last defense.

99.9 % of the world doesn't own one.

Exactly my point Jim. Exactly my point....
Read some car articles. The nsx is priced leagues above anything else in the brand.
Its fast, its sexy, it costs a fortune. I do not doubt the cars abilty. Come on now, your talking to a guy that spends thousands per year on a 91 Acura guys! I just have a strong opinion which keeps getting silenced by fan boys. It's cool though.
I beleive the term, "discussion" should be reiterated....

Read some car articles. The nsx is priced leagues above anything else in the brand.
Its fast, its sexy, it costs a fortune. I do not doubt the cars abilty. Come on now, your talking to a guy that spends thousands per year on a 91 Acura guys! I just have a strong opinion which keeps getting silenced by fan boys. It's cool though.
I beleive the term, "discussion" should be reiterated....

Based on a price of $90,000 in 1991, using how the value of dollar has declined since then:

http://www.dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=1&year=1991

that $90,000 price of 1991 would now be a little over $159,000 now

so, the price of the NSX, at least a base model, and let's be honest here, CCB and carbon this and that were not options in 1991, so apples-to-apples, the price is pretty much spot on given the value of the dollar (and I'm not even trying to compare to the Japanese Yen)

You get some pretty fantastic tech, I'm not up on Honda Accord interiors but the NSX interior I sate in recently was pretty nice.

Maybe it's best if you call it something besides an NSX so comparisons to the original don't need to cloud what looks like a great car. The world is changing, emissions laws, etc, so probably not going to see a twin turbo V8 with a stick any time soon, so this is what we have.

That's all for now

JT

Last edited:
Last edited:
The nsx is priced leagues above anything else in the brand.

So what. There's plenty of other brands who have/had a halo car that was priced way over anything else in their lineup. Ford GT, Lexus LF-A, Dodge Viper, VW Phaeton, Nissan GT-R, and a few others. Were you complaining along the same lines back in 1991 when the original NSX was selling from $70-90k all while parked in the showroom next to a $18k Integra?

The price of the current NSX doesn't have to be "in line" with the rest of the brand. It has to be comparable to its direct competitors. Nobody is coming in cross shopping the $200k NSX to a $55k MDX and just says well I guess I'll get the MDX since it's cheape. According to the good folks at American Honda, the NSX's most direct competitors are the Audi R8, McLaren 570, and Porsche 911 Turbo S, all of which are pretty similar in price. And to some extent the NSX also competes with the 488 and Huracan though they cost more. But if a buyer has one of those in their sights, then really nothing else will do. We're not really stealing sales away from Ferrari or Lamborghini. Right now, McLaren is stealing sales away from everyone.

Last edited:
Good points. However the 90k msrp was for 2005 models. 91 msrp was 60k, of course cars were going for a whole lot more. Just like they are trying to fetch now. But if we compare facts, we may as well be accurate here.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/origin...gined-supercar-for-the-price-of-a-new-accord/

sorry, I paid around $85K for my 1991 NSX in December 1990, I do not recall amount of dealer markup, so that's the price that stuck in my mind...

but, just the same, if you compare the base price of an Integra (12K I think) at that time to the NSX (using 60K base price) was 5 times more expensive.

Today's ILX (closest comp to Integra I think) is about 28K base (and upwards 40K with options), so 5 times that is about 150K - 200K so the ratio is still there vis-a-vis 1991, did I get that right?

thx
JT

Read some car articles. The NSX is priced leagues above anything else in the brand.
Its fast, its sexy, it costs a fortune. I do not doubt the cars ability. Come on now, your talking to a guy that spends thousands per year on a 91 Acura guys! I just have a strong opinion which keeps getting silenced by fan boys. It's cool though. I believe the term, "discussion" should be reiterated....

Jinks, the R8 is a very expensive Volkswagen as is a Lamborghini, a Porsche a Bugatti and a Bentley.
A Ferrari is a high priced Fiat.
A Rolls Royce is a high priced BMW.
All these things are relative.

With the new NSX I got to know the project team, waited years for it, cost more than I thought it would, and I'm delighted with it.
It's actually better than my 91 in every way.
All the rest of the comments and opinions, good or bad, have no meaning for me.

posts are starting to realign....back to our weakly updates....

sorry, I paid around $85K for my 1991 NSX in December 1990, I do not recall amount of dealer markup, so that's the price that stuck in my mind...
JT

My dealer asked for MINIMUM bid of $30,400 AMV over MSRP. I had offered MSRP +$5k all cash deal and was laughed at even though I was first on the list (signed up after seeing it at the 1989 NY Auto Show).

As I mentioned earlier. I am trying to stay on topic, so I will try to keep my head in the game. My opinion is that, production deliveries are sitting in showrooms this week. Not being test driven, not being sold, not being leased.
I want the brand to thrive because I'd like to keep my old car running. As with any new car, almost anything drives better than a older nsx and feels more firm, faster, more comfortable, etc. I really like the new nsx but there is something missing at it's current price point.

My opinion is that, production deliveries are sitting in showrooms this week. Not being test driven, not being sold, not being leased.

No doubt about it Jinks, lots of new NSX's languishing in dealerships.
A sign of many possible things, but without question a poorly managed launch by Honda and their dealerships.
And there will likely be some heavily optioned NSX's discounted in the next few months.

Now we are moving along in the right direction - is Curva Red a different red? Don't remember seeing that color before.

We got calls from a Socal dealer with a Nord Grey, they were asking like $50k over, then told us she could give us a deal at $20k over, just msg'd us on FB a few days ago offering us potentially the car at MSRP now.

The deals are coming sooner than most would think.

One comment we'd like to make is the new NSX does not compete against a Huracan and most definitely NOT the 488. After having a chance to experience one, Ferrari is really in driver seat #1 when it comes to making the best cars in the world. There is nothing out there that can touch the 488 - unless you are trying to compare it only on performance stats to a 675LT which sells for nearly half a million.

Last edited:
At least two SoCal dealers have Nord Gray specimens in stock.

I give Gold Coast Acura credit for having a sense of humor in how they are selling theirs: "V6. Turbo! Hybrid! Save the Planet!"

I hate to say it but Nord with black interior is probably below what my last choice would be if I were configuring one. It's amazing how I can love a car until it comes in a color combo that makes me completely disinterested in it.

I hate to say it but Nord with black interior is probably below what my last choice would be if I were configuring one. It's amazing how I can love a car until it comes in a color combo that makes me completely disinterested in it.

In my case I would have taken Nord Grey first but chose Silver because its a much easier color to look after.
The Nord Grey being a darker color reminded me too much of my black 91 and the amount of work to keep it looking good.

In my case I would have taken Nord Grey first but chose Silver because its a much easier color to look after.
The Nord Grey being a darker color reminded me too much of my black 91 and the amount of work to keep it looking good.

My black/black is a track rat and daily driver so I never worry about making it shine........

The Nord reminds me of Brooklands Green in some lighting conditions and that is the only color I don't like in the original NSX lineup.

My black/black is a track rat and daily driver so I never worry about making it shine........

The Nord reminds me of Brooklands Green in some lighting conditions and that is the only color I don't like in the original NSX lineup.

agree completely.....and guilty as charged.......

because they added the ridiculous floormats.

i think full spec cars like the ones that most stores ordered for their first car (if a customer order wasnt in place) will sell at a discount. we got lucky and sold ours fairly quickly without a customer order.

i'm guessing lightly optioned cars should stay at MSRP.

This will be interesting to watch. The same dealer has a white one also for $5k off msrp.

One dealer - two 2017 NSXs on the floor. Someone might be motivated to give a very good discount on at least one of them........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Acura-NSX-Coupe-2-Door-/122310536226?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Back