• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Chassis number 00179 just sold off the showroom floor for MSRP$ (no mark up). Edmonton Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Nord Gray at Gold Coast ($50,000 mark-up)
2vgemMv.jpg

DD0bwYsl.png

Any pictures of the actual Nord grey car?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Just received word that the 2nd NSX allocation for my dealer is arriving in about an hour.

Seems like they are really increasing daily production.

Mine arrived Aug 26th and # 2 just over 9 weeks later.

At 6 per day, working 4 days per week we get 24 per week and then 96 per month

if they are building 1/3 now for ex US that would be 32 ex US cars and 64 US cars

that would be about right

if they are building 7 cars per day then then may be building a higher percentage for ex US. I believe the target is 50:50

if we can find a serial # for a recent car we could see about the US:ex US ratio

any of you new owners in snowy climes going to drive all year round with winter tires?

Well timed question

i spoke with my local dealer this week

they are working up a quote for a set of Y spokes, TPMS sensors, center caps, Pirelli Sottozero tires with the mounting, balancing and install

the parts guy is an NSX head and is willing to do some discounting

if the deal isn't great, I may look at some on line options

the challenge is that the dealer has to call the 1 warehouse that stocks the NSX parts, no online at their end

He did need my vin # to get the ball rolling

he said the Acura parts people may even call me to make sure the order is legit

At 6 per day, working 4 days per week we get 24 per week and then 96 per month

if they are building 1/3 now for ex US that would be 32 ex US cars and 64 US cars

that would be about right

if they are building 7 cars per day then then may be building a higher percentage for ex US. I believe the target is 50:50

if we can find a serial # for a recent car we could see about the US:ex US ratio

Mine is not most recent but was delivered to the dealer on 10/11 and I drove it home on 10/14.
My VIN is 200 and Engine/Ser # is 295 which would suggest ~ 2/3 to US at that time anyway.

Attending NSXPO in Orlando

They allowed me to attend with my Alfa, while my personal 14 year wait continues. Very cool meeting Ted Klaus, and Clement D'Souza. They were sympathetic to my delay tales of woe.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    536.5 KB · Views: 67
Does anyone have any articles where Acura claimed all orders were going to customers vs dealers?

Haven't seen anything in print to that effect.
I think its became clearer that Acura views the dealer as the customer, and whether a dealer has sold the car on is not something they seem to be concerned about.
As long as dealers send in orders I believe Acura deems them sold.
I can understand the view if you are pumping out 1000 Accords a day.
With the NSX I would have thought Acura would try to get the the dealer to see themselves more as a sales agent rather than customer.

Haven't seen anything in print to that effect.
I think its became clearer that Acura views the dealer as the customer, and whether a dealer has sold the car on is not something they seem to be concerned about.
As long as dealers send in orders I believe Acura deems them sold.
I can understand the view if you are pumping out 1000 Accords a day.
With the NSX I would have thought Acura would try to get the the dealer to see themselves more as a sales agent rather than customer.

During the official presentation Acura's reps told the crowd with me present that the cars were all accounted for and were exclusively for end consumers and no dealers.
Same thing was told to me when I placed my order by the dealer, and they're still insisting (stating the dealers must have used an employee name to place the order which is ridiculous.), I called Gold Coast about that nord grey above that has the "sold" sign and they said that it's still available and Acura allowed them to order it for themselves.
Other owners were told the same story so I'm curious to know what was told to the other forum members.

I was told from the beginning that the dealer could take the allocation but would not be able to order the next car under that one sold.

Acura moved off that statement and is allowing dealers to order the next car (or pass) whether or not the first car has been sold.

Back