• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

The update:

The PMC built TLX is perceived as getting a bit more use from the factory and trying to associate the TLX with the big sibling NSX

Honda perceives cars sales will decline, so don't over invest and get burned. Money that is spent will go to electrification. Honda is behind on this as it is careful not to move into new stuff until/unless they believe it will work out. No stomach for other performance cars at this point. Customers will have to make due with an upgraded TLX that will come out (turbo).

2020 NSX will have changes similar in scope to 2019 changes.

C8 Vette does not appear to be on their radar.

About half the recalls have been done. Lease holders don't seem to care so not bringing them in.

Trunk smell has been addressed in 2019s by baking/degassing the tub prior to installation.

Scale model program dropped due to quality of models and relationship issue with vendor. Honda rejected a batch toward the end of the program. People who didn't get their model got a pen (I can see some grumping there).

They know about the PPF turning yellow. Possible fix is to have detailer dry a polishing wax type of product to knock off the oxidized layer of the film. I will try this the next time the car goes to Chicago Auto Pros.

Cunningham will do a lap record thing in a production 2019 at the Acura sponsored race this week end.

There have been more test drives associated with nice rich people events like the recent gold tourney at Beth Page. John Watt is hitting a bunch of these to shmooz.

Look for the NSX to be in a high profile video (my guess being a fast and furious).

Leased cars are not being brought in for recall work? Strange. My car is leased, and I could not renew my registration this year until the recalls were performed.

I’ve been saying recently that this car is not meant for long term ownership and useage. I had my 1994 NSX for 15yrs. I did the tb/wp service twice. Ther than routine oil changes and brake services, both of which were DIY, the NA1 is a much better platform for putting mileage on than the NC1. I also don’t think there’s going to be good dealer support in 15yrs from now for the NC1 unlike the NA1/2. However time will tell.

I thought I read that your car was fine until after the dealer performed some work on it, and that is when the problems started. So exactly how is your "disaster" of a car Acura's fault? Oh, never mind...

Here is the record lap thing I mentioned. Jalopnik pointed out there was no previous record.

https://jalopnik.com/acura-sets-a-production-car-lap-record-on-the-long-beac-1834032057

Other factoid, some owner is getting his car wrapped like the Pike Peak car. The car will go directly from the PMC to the wrapping shop somewhere in Ohio.

Axxlrod, thanks for the info about registration constraints on getting recalls done. Here in IL they do not even have auto safety inspections. Just a smog check every few years.

...Axxlrod, thanks for the info about registration constraints on getting recalls done. Here in IL they do not even have auto safety inspections. Just a smog check every few years.

My car was leased and I immediately scheduled the tank replacement. If it’s serious enough to issue a recall I’m not risking the worst possible scenario. Whether or not I own or lease the car.

...I thought I read that your car was fine until after the dealer performed some work on it, and that is when the problems started. So exactly how is your "disaster" of a car Acura's fault? Oh, never mind...

Are you chumming the waters? 🧐

My car was leased and I immediately scheduled the tank replacement. If it’s serious enough to issue a recall I’m not risking the worst possible scenario. Whether or not I own or lease the car.

The view I received was that some folks are not ok with paying a bunch of dollars a month for the car and having it be unavailable to them for a long time while the recall gets done so they skip it

Instead of a scale Model?
e1d0e4dd1cae7927ed2eac0602a8a7b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
cool....cross was the shizznet pen in the 90's:biggrin:

You can use the pen though to stab your service advisor when the time comes.:biggrin:

I got a Cross pen as gift for my Bar Mitzvah 38 years ago. I had no idea they were still considered fine writing instruments. Did you get a bottle of White Out too. What a freaking disgrace.

Reading the last couple of pages of this thread, I feel so sad for the folks at Acura who put so much work into the NC1.

this is like Ferarri 355 lunacy territory? so at the anticipated rate of 200 hr at the "ACURA" dealer we're taking 9K just for the labour (yeah don't forget the 13% tax) - Honda what the hell happened???

not 100% happy about this news at the moment...

KK34

Yup, it is like the Ferrari 355. Heck my modern Ferrari doesn't have the goofy maintenance that the new NSX has. I believe DocL said it best where he comments that the new NSX is not a long term keeper. Although it is a nice looking car, oddly enough for a Honda the engine (including the hybrid parts) is the most undesirable component of the car.

Unless my math is gotten bad, if one drives 5K miles a year, the engine out service will be when the car is about 15 years old.

So is all of #4 included in #9 ? if not thats a over 43 HR services (over a week!!!!) at 120,000 kms? WTF - this is like Ferarri 355 lunacy territory? so at the anticipated rate of 200 hr at the "ACURA" dealer we're taking 9K just for the labour (yeah don't forget the 13% tax) - Honda what the hell happened???

not 100% happy about this news at the moment...

KK34

Except the F355 interval is more like 15k miles not 75k. Folks, have you looked at the packaging in the rear of this car, or any supercar? It's no surprise the engine has to come out to adjust the valves. Half the suspension had to come off for the gas tank recall. Technology, aero, suspension and packaging have evolved a great deal since the NA1/2. No car is simple to work on anymore, but a mid-engine supercar is not for the average DIY outside of brakes and fluid changes, and I have rebuilt 911 engines for a hobby.

I can remove the engine from my 87 930 in an hour and about two hours to put it back in if I have a helper. I haven't had the 997 engine out, but looking at it I would guess 3-4 hours to drop it. The NSX? Probably won't try it since the suspension has to come off and would require an alignment after reassembly. Comparing modern supercar maintenance to that of even a decade ago is pointless. The cost to play in this category of car.

PS, Changing spark plugs in a 997 involves a lot of ancillary disassembly, like removing the mufflers and heat shields (with the inevitable snapped exhaust bolts). Porsche has always been a company that prides itself on serviceability, but even they have erred on the side of packaging for the last few 911 series. The bumper has to come off to change the air filter on the 991, LOL.

Last edited:
At that point, one might want to think about getting into replacing the cells in the high voltage pack.

I expect the car to have some relationship with folks holding a wrench throughout the years.

I just hope the reliability and ease of ownership I have experienced for the first 2.5 years and 10,000 miles continues.

I really am not concerned about maintenance costs as this is my toy, and toys generally come with some use of disposable income.

I get packaging and all but then the question is 1) how come the packaging team didn't design at least mildly awkward access from the top to the valve covers - they literally are on the top of the cylinder head and 2) was there not any opportunity with the packaging restraints to consider a hydraulic valve adjustment system that negated the need for EVER removing the engine unless there was a catastrophe at all? Based on a moderate search, I couldn't find any "normal" maintenance on any new supercar from 2010 on (F-car , Lambo, R8 Porsche Turbo, etc) that requires a full engine pull unless something has pooped the bed. fill me in if I'm wrong there. it kinda goes against the Honda Ethos. I 'm sure I'll eat it if it happens as my plan was long term ownership like my NA1, but it just seems off brand...

I get packaging and all but then the question is 1) how come the packaging team didn't design at least mildly awkward access from the top to the valve covers - they literally are on the top of the cylinder head and 2) was there not any opportunity with the packaging restraints to consider a hydraulic valve adjustment system that negated the need for EVER removing the engine unless there was a catastrophe at all? Based on a moderate search, I couldn't find any "normal" maintenance on any new supercar from 2010 on (F-car , Lambo, R8 Porsche Turbo, etc) that requires a full engine pull unless something has pooped the bed. fill me in if I'm wrong there. it kinda goes against the Honda Ethos. I 'm sure I'll eat it if it happens as my plan was long term ownership like my NA1, but it just seems off brand...

Why does a soccer mom MDX take $55/qt transmission fluid? Same reason the NSX requires engine drop for that. Honda didn’t make it. Honda went to Cosworth and had them provide an engine. Cosworth made it the way they wanted it, and not necessarily with any priority to serviceability. Even the valve adjustment itself is different than all other Hondas, as the NSX engine uses motorcycle style shims for valve clearance.

Back