• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Acura sold 25 NSXs just in August? That seems incredible (ie unbelievable)

Tough crowd here.

I provided the LC hybrid breakdown for reference

Only 2 LC hybrids in a month is incredibly sad

It kind of points to the issue that the high end of the market is not so hybrid oriented (full electric is another story thanks to Tesla).

The Lexus LS hybrid only sold 10 last month.

I went to a Lexus driving event last month.

The carrot was getting to drive the LC 500 V8 (very nice car) on a short autocross lap.

They had ES hybrids but no LS hybrids (the cars came from local dealers and they ain't stocking much of the LS hybrid).

The gtr sales are telling....

You guys are still here talking about this abortion?:biggrin:

It kind of points to the issue that the high end of the market is not so hybrid oriented (full electric is another story thanks to Tesla).

This is what many of us have been saying for some time. General people movers, sure make them hybrid. Those are easily forgotten cars that people aren't really passionate about. For cars that people lust after, desire, and look forward to drive, they don't want a hybrid. They want an ICE that performs. It should make nice noises and have a "FEEL" that tickles the senses.

I can't deny that a V10 or V12 sounds amazing and that alone could be reason enough for an enthusiast to desire to own a particular model/car.

However, I still chalk it up to branding and marketing as to why people like various things.

The branding for electric or hybrid vehicles have not caught on yet like turbocharging has for instance in the current generational trends. Along with the question of extra 500-800 lbs of electronics boosting performance is dubious to many people who have not driven or own one.

The real question is do more people know what an NSX is now today than 5-10-20 years ago. Is it a household name or closer to it?

I think that's the true power of the elusive "flagship" car because they were never meant to sell boat loads of cars. So the GTR and NSX are selling in similar numbers at the moment. But do more people know of the GTR nameplate or NSX? That may be a better gauge of what kind of an effect marketing has.

I reckon the GTR still has more notoriety probably...

How many people know of the Ford GT vs the NSX?

* The Porsche 911 will be a hybrid in 2022. That’s right: Even the nine-eleven.

* The Audi R-8 will be all-electric in 2022. No more howling v10.

AS USUAL, the Acura NSX is ahead of its time.

Whereas as the Gen-1 was ahead of its time in ways you all know much better than do I, the Gen-2 does what even the two-million-dollar la Ferrari can’t do.

So, if the sound of a screaming v10 or v12 is your must-have, then all I can say is......BUY ONE NOW. They’ll soon be as extinct as so many other dinosaurs.

Ironically, as all vehicles go all-electric (which is as sure as tomorrow’s rising sun), the cost of gasoline will come down. [Econ majors, feel free to chime in.]

I would like to see a Type "R" with no electrics sold by HONDA dealers.

All the super car manufactures made their "super-hybrids" in limited #'s and at astronomical prices.

The NSX is a bargain.

we all cling to those sensations that have worked in the past....for those of us car guys over 50 it is the sound and smell of a powerful ice...it is the smell of brake pads, leather,.....sadly for all sports car manufacturers the pool of those with my wants is shrinking....electric maybe the future but more folks will be lyft/Ubering.......personally i don't think about how my sports car is powered..I want the push/shove/G-force feeling.....

we all cling to those sensations that have worked in the past....for those of us car guys over 50 it is the sound and smell of a powerful ice...it is the smell of brake pads, leather,.....sadly for all sports car manufacturers the pool of those with my wants is shrinking....electric maybe the future but more folks will be lyft/Ubering.......personally i don't think about how my sports car is powered..I want the push/shove/G-force feeling.....

Rush's "Red Barchetta" doesn't seem so abstract anymore...

fantastic tune.....

That was one of my first thoughts when the Green New Deal was announced. Sounded a lot like the "Motor Laws" to me.

Honestly, I could see the end of automotives as we know it in my lifetime. Living in the DC area, I could easily see new laws forbidding human operated vehicles on the major highways as automated driving takes over. Road and parking space in dense urban areas will be too valuable to "waste" on vehicles. Add to that a general disinterest in the techniques of driving and yep..."Red Barchetta" doesn't at all seem abstract. Driving as we know it may be allocated to small, old fashion country roads.

On the upside, my NSX won't ever rust so it should be ready for those old fashion country roads ;)

fantastic tune.....

That was one of my first thoughts when the Green New Deal was announced. Sounded a lot like the "Motor Laws" to me.

Honestly, I could see the end of automotives as we know it in my lifetime. Living in the DC area, I could easily see new laws forbidding human operated vehicles on the major highways as automated driving takes over. Road and parking space in dense urban areas will be too valuable to "waste" on vehicles. Add to that a general disinterest in the techniques of driving and yep..."Red Barchetta" doesn't at all seem abstract. Driving as we know it may be allocated to small, old fashion country roads.

On the upside, my NSX won't ever rust so it should be ready for those old fashion country roads ;)

I fully expect to be driving my S-Zero on a private track at some point because it won't be allowed on public roads anymore... :frown:

I think it's unlikely any currently-legal car will be "banned" in our lifetime. To retroactively ban something that has been legal before, especially in the good old US of A, is something generally met with a lot of, erm, resistance... Cars are not threatening enough for most lawmakers or public citizens to care if we drive our classic cars. These people just want new cars to be regulated for climate, safety, etc. reasons.

I could see cars being banned from city centers, but that's fine because nobody is enjoying driving their sports car there anyway.

Fully automated cars, without human controls for override, are much further away than companies like Tesla would have you believe. The innovation needed for that is truly immense, and the legal ramifications of taking liability off of drivers completely would be very tough on the companies pushing this tech.

Last edited:
I think it's unlikely any currently-legal car will be "banned" in our lifetime.

Well, I do plan on living a LONG time! I also think that you underestimate the speed at which our Chinese overlords will get things done in the future :p

In all seriousness though, they will just phase it in via costly regulations and prevent cars from passing "safety regulations". Your car doesn't have automatic crash detection? Sorry - that isn't safe to operate and we won't let it pass city ordinances.

Well, I do plan on living a LONG time! I also think that you underestimate the speed at which our Chinese overlords will get things done in the future :p

In all seriousness though, they will just phase it in via costly regulations and prevent cars from passing "safety regulations". Your car doesn't have automatic crash detection? Sorry - that isn't safe to operate and we won't let it pass city ordinances.

That's what I'm saying, they can't really do that sort of thing, at least based on how we currently do things. You can still drive a Ford Model T on the road, completely legally. That would have been outlawed a long time ago if safety regulations were applied to cars that have already been produced and sold.

Obviously, things could change in that regard, but we live in a country that hates having any freedoms taken away. I don't mean to bring current politics into this, but if we can't get on the same page regarding gun regulations in this country, I doubt anybody is going to have the energy to regulate old cars that barely have a statistical presence on our roads anyway.

So, what do we think (conceptually) of the 2022 model year 911 Hybrid?

As stultifyingly, lugubriously dedicated the Porschista have been for their ugly-ass 911 over the last, oh, FIFTY-FIVE YEARS, what do you think they’re going to say about a hybrid 911? Remember there were riots in the streets when the Stuttgart heretics went to liquid-cooled motors.

And a full-electric Audi R-8????

If the Acura NSX can hang on until the 2022 model year, all of its competition will be true platform competitors at that point. And then what do you think the NSX sales figures will be?

Even with the troubles that that I have had with my 2018, I’m still long-term bullish on the NSX. I think Acura’s wisdom will be revealed with the next few model years.

So, what do we think (conceptually) of the 2022 model year 911 Hybrid?

As stultifyingly, lugubriously dedicated the Porschista have been for their ugly-ass 911 over the last, oh, FIFTY-FIVE YEARS, what do you think they’re going to say about a hybrid 911? Remember there were riots in the streets when the Stuttgart heretics went to liquid-cooled motors.

And a full-electric Audi R-8????

If the Acura NSX can hang on until the 2022 model year, all of its competition will be true platform competitors at that point. And then what do you think the NSX sales figures will be?

Even with the troubles that that I have had with my 2018, I’m still long-term bullish on the NSX. I think Acura’s wisdom will be revealed with the next few model years.

OK, now ... you've totaled too many S1000RR's and you're not thinking clearly :tongue:

In all seriousness, what's up with the bike crashes?? I'm heading to NC for a weekend ride next weekend on my ZX14R, so hearing some learned lessons might be good about now :smile:

OK, now ... you've totaled too many S1000RR's and you're not thinking clearly :tongue:

In all seriousness, what's up with the bike crashes?? I'm heading to NC for a weekend ride next weekend on my ZX14R, so hearing some learned lessons might be good about now :smile:

If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough.

Seriously, though, the only way to know what your bike (or car) will do, is to take it up to the point that it lets go. But you’ve got to be willing to pay the price for obtaining that knowledge. If not for having an electric spinal cord stimulator installed in my body, I’d still be out there scraping elbows.

In fairness, one of those bike-totaling events was thanks to a vehicle’s fluid leak RIGHT IN the corner entry on some twisty bits near the Blue Ridge Parkway. The bike hit a rock that cracked the engine casing. The speed was so low, I didn’t even slide completely off the pavement. The bike did. But I didn’t. It doesn’t take much to cause a crash when your forks are at maximum compression.

Attachments

• DCD7FF9D-A230-4EAC-961D-FC16E8105EDB.jpg
    DCD7FF9D-A230-4EAC-961D-FC16E8105EDB.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 373
I am excited with anticipation every time a new ad for a Gen2 NSX appears on this forum or on the internet and almost every frikkin time, it is a white one. Can you imagine for a second if the same was the case with F cars, P cars, Lambos, Astons...etc. It would be crazy.
Is it that NSX fans are obsessed with Gen1 type R white or did most of the Acura dealers ordered their first one in white?
As Pinin Farina once said, “i will rarely make a concept in white, it is the only dead “non-color” color!” Or why do you color eggs for Easter? LOL

Last edited:
I do not believe the whites have been the most popular colors for Gen 2, but adding the 2 white options together gets you to a solid percentage of the builds.

The use of white in the ads may be connected to it being the Japanese racing color.

I think the same doofy ebay ads for the same white cars get updated every day so we are biased with white...

Maybe the sellers are hoping for the same “championship white” bump that is apparent in S2000/ITR/gen 1 NSX world? I personally wouldn’t mind a white one.

I think the car looks great in white, especially with the red interior. I'm biased of course as I own just that, but I think that the lines and details of the car are accentuated by the white. The overall original palette of colors was pretty ordinary, and the bright Andaro colors were expensive. The car looks great in the orange, and the new yellow looks good too. Perhaps the target market was older and the colors were therefore more conservative? The car would look great in bright vibrant colors.

Back