• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Zanardis??

50 made. Better handling. GREAT styling cues in/out.

51 actually. Car #0 was the one used for all the Car & Driver / R&T tests, car shows, etc.

The red stitching on the seats is friggen awesome!

Yep, and I love the red/black floor mats too. They look great in my red on black '91. After I got my car, this was the very first accessory I bought for it.

:smile:

So let me ask you THIS, what is a average Zanardi worth?

1) 10k miles, original owner, all maintenance current?

2) 20k miles, 2-3 owners, needs timing belt / water pump?

I really have no idea......

1) $80k?

2) $60k?

HELP ME OUT
The last Zanardi was sold for $56k, with 23k miles? Some where around those number.

51 actually. Car #0 was the one used for all the Car & Driver / R&T tests, car shows, etc.
:smile:

Proto owned by NSXprime's MAJOR STONER
#0 the press car was supposed to have been returned to Honda to be destroyed
#1 from what I remember was not a typical Zanardi and went to the man himself in Germany so it wasn't watered down with US regulations
#2-50 were for general sale
#51 does not have a plaque and was given to Miguel Duhamel

:biggrin:

Except those with automatic transmission. An automatic in any year has a JH4NA1 VIN.

Indeed. Not to mention the detuned 3.0 liter 252 hp engine. I assume that is why it retains the NA1 VIN.

Proto owned by NSXprime's MAJOR STONER
#0 the press car was supposed to have been returned to Honda to be destroyed
#1 from what I remember was not a typical Zanardi and went to the man himself in Germany so it wasn't watered down with US regulations
#2-50 were for general sale
#51 does not have a plaque and was given to Miguel Duhamel

:biggrin:

Interesting. So does that bring the total to 52? Or is the #51 car considered a "fake"?

I also read that car #0 was now in the hands of a private owner.

#00 was at the orange county auto show this past weekend. I believe it is owned privately right now. I got to sit in it (for a long while) and tried to absorb the history of the car and just stare at that plaque. :) The paint was not in the greatest shape though (could have used a detail or two), and it feels like those 9000 miles it had on it were some hard miles, judging by how it has/hasn't been kept up. The engine bay was dirty, seats and steering wheel could have used some leather conditioner.

#00 was at the orange county auto show this past weekend.

I noticed you called it "#00" (double-zero). Just to clarify, is this the #0 press car discussed previously, or something else?

#00 was at the orange county auto show this past weekend. I believe it is owned privately right now. I got to sit in it (for a long while) and tried to absorb the history of the car and just stare at that plaque. :) The paint was not in the greatest shape though (could have used a detail or two), and it feels like those 9000 miles it had on it were some hard miles, judging by how it has/hasn't been kept up. The engine bay was dirty, seats and steering wheel could have used some leather conditioner.

WOW!! Good to know it is still out there. Did you get to speak to the person that had it there, or notice the license plates on it?

The car was loaned as a display/showpiece item to some community automotive college schools who had a booth at the show. They had this nsx, a viper, and some other cars. Unfortunately NO-ONE there who was working their booths knew anything about it, let alone realize it was a zanardi edition press car. They couldn't get over why I was excessively drooling over it either... lol

There were four of them at NSXPO, one guy was selling his.:wink: I can track him down if anyone is interested. I posted a thread a while back that I spotted a Zanardi in NY. Took pics and everything. Maybe we should update the roll call. I forgot what number I saw but it belongs to my father's doctor.

IMHO:

1) $50-55k and likely on the higher end.
2) $48-52k and likely on the lower end.

Based on current supply and demand and having bought the only one owner car with 15,000 miles on it and no paint work within the last two years, I think these estimates are low for the current market. When we bought #26, there were three Zanardi’s for sale at once, which is rare. Lately it seems nobody is selling.

Based on Otto_Joe’s list, there are only eight one owner Zanardi’s left. Of those eight, five have more than 20,000 miles and the other three have an unreported number of miles (could be low, or could be high). Considering all fifty original Zanardi’s, two have been stolen, two salvaged or totaled, 10 with known paint work or wrecked, one with potential odometer rollback, and one with odometer rollback problem rectified.

Bob

Gees.. Seems like a clean orginal owner Zanardi is very hard to come by huh? Anyone know anything about the #10 was selling awhile ago? Anyone can give me feed back on this? I've heard that it was "Stolen" (Not physical damage just victim of a scam) On carfax it shows it was accident repair? What kinda damage was done? When it was "Stolen"? Anyone ?

I still have my #13 safely stowed in my garage.

Still in pristine condition.

Interested in selling yours? Any mods? I would prefer no mods at all. How many miles you have? Orginal owner?

No photos. It just looks like what it looked like when it rolled out of the dealership. Mechanically it is in much better shape than when I bought it from member KGP a year ago. But it still needs a lot of work on the engine internals, so that's what I've been working on lately, with the help of outside shops, of course. The car is resting perfectly even on cement blocks right now, so chassis is not getting torqued.

I am not interested in selling. This one is a keeper. I have never driven a car whose suspension is so perfectly sorted. One thing I ought to do is buy two extra sets of shock absorbers for this car before those parts go out of production. That calibration is one thing that's hard to duplicate with after-market parts. The rest can all be replaced. Even the entire engine can be swapped out for a bigger displacement unit. But the spring and shock calibration is pure black magic.

I'll describe it like this:

• Some cars feel slow when they're going really fast.
  • Some cars feel fast when they're going really slow.
  • This Zanardi feels fast when it is going really really fast.
The fun factor is maximum. The objective performance is maximum. The scare factor is maximum as well.

So if I die in this one, you can be assured that I was really really really having fun just before the point of impact.

Back