• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are the Official 0-60 and 1/4 mile times

There is no evidence that any production 2017 NSX has ever been driven at WOT 0-60MPH or through the 1/4 mile, so we are all waiting for that info and, IMHO more importantly, full reviews (qualitative and quantitative) from major auto publications.

It depends on what you mean by "official."

If you mean numbers published by Acura, I doubt they are going to provide hard numbers other than what they've already stated.

If you mean by reviewers, then my guess is that they will be published in the September issues. Basically, assuming they will be testing late pre-production models built in mid to late May, which should have the final production hardware and software, the major mags will probably do a comparison test, so that means having to wrangle up a 911 Turbo, R8, possibly a 570GT and the 2017 GT-R. That might take a few weeks to do. Add in the lead time to produce the magazine which is usually a couple of months, and that means most likely late July, so the earliest would be the September issue that usually comes out the month before.

th

Well, looks like C&D did the comparo test without the NSX. In the August issue, they did a comparo test of what they call the "junior supercars": Audi R8 V10 Plus, Mclaren 570S, Porsche 911 Turbo S. No NSX. About the NSX, they had this to say:

"The new Acura NSX also would fit nicely into this group, even with its hybrid powertrain. But alas, when we asked for one, Acura demurred, promising a test car later in the year." So it looks like it will be a while longer before proper car reviews show up.

Last edited:
I have several deserted and freshly paved roads near me demanding that I test this myself once I get my hands on mine.

"The new Acura NSX also would fit nicely into this group, even with its hybrid powertrain. But alas, when we asked for one, Acura demurred, promising a test car later in the year." So it looks like it will be a while longer before proper car reviews show up.

Which kinda really says Honda knows that it needs further refinement before it's put up against it's rivals. They were already significantly late in bringing it to market and probably did so knowing it's not quite ready yet, but have taken the gamble that the early buyers won't be pushing the car too hard, or grumbling too loudly. As long as the software update process is well managed globally, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I'm trying to think how many super cars or exotics are actually for sale before they have been tested with official times. Seems rare.

I'm trying to think how many super cars or exotics are actually for sale before they have been tested with official times. Seems rare.

Most of them I think.
Weren't the 918, P1, and LaFerrari all sold out before testing?
Porsche seems to sell the GT3 out befroe testing too.
We keep comparing the beleaguered new NSX that has no history to every other marque that's been making sports cars forever.

Back