Where can I find a Honda ball joint puller?

I tried to order both honda part numbers, 07MAC-SL00200 and 07MAC-SL00100, but they are both unavailable anymore. My lower shock bolt is siezed and I have to remove my control arm. Any high quality tools available? Where should I order it?

Snap-on or MAC Tools comes to mind. Just make sure you get one in similar design to the Honda tool, not a generic design that will work on most other cars. They might work for other cars, but NSX requires one a little more specific.

Thank you! Can't wait to pull on my balls.

Careful with the Harbor Freight Tool for the Ball Joint. There was a thread about a member using this tool from Harbor Freight and ended up damaging everything.

I use Harbor Freight tools very frequently and don't have a problem with them. But I heard this requires a lot a force and has potential for a lot of damage when using HF low-quality tool for this NSX job.

Using care is good advice, especially when high forces are involved. I'm not sure how the other HF tool user damaged his ball joints, but I got some additional nuts and installed them flush on the ball joint studs to protect the threads. This is recommended by Honda. I believe you will be OK, provided you read the NSX shop manual first (and, of course, and follow the advice). If you don't put protective nuts on the studs, you are guaranteed to damage the ball joints, no matter what tool you use. Use good judgement. If you are standing on the wrench, perhaps it's time to re-access the situation.:eek:

Gary

Back