• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where do you guys jack up your car when you have stacy side skirts.

Don't listen to these idiots. If you jack your car up by your windshield it will crack. Duh, obviously! It's glass!

I have some pretty low hanging side skirts too and it's hard to jack up the car without hitting into them. The best way to do it is go to one of your wheels and start compressing the springs using a clamp. You'll notice as you compress the spring the wheel will start to lift and rise up into the wheel well; about 8" or so with a full compression. Next go to the other wheels and do the same thing. When you finish you should have all four wheels fully compressed into each wheel well and about 8" of clearance off the ground, which should be enough to get under. It works on the same principle of putting your hands under your feet and lifting yourself off the ground a few inches.

I think the OP did not know the OEM jack points are not part of the side skirts (OEM or aftermarket). Since stacy's is almost a replica of the 02 side skirts, then it should be ok.

You guys are all a bunch of careless owners! Everybody knows the best way to jack the car is by putting a coat hanger around the oem rear wing and lifting, that way you can get to the bottom and top of the car at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention, if you don't have a jack, you can put the coat hanger around the rear wing and attach it to the garage door and then use the garage opener to lift the car by the wing.

P.S: OP please know we are all joking here. Except for the side view mirror jack points, that one is true :eek:

lol at this thread. As usual MrSax closed the thread at post #2. :)

lmmmmmfffaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooo

funniest thread of all time.

Yes, this was due to the constant quarterly sideview mirror maintenance update, located in the WIKI under proper windshield jack point update. Acura would not warranty if done incorrectly.

And to think the entire time I have been jacking my car up VIA the Plastic Front spoiler jack point update. I feel like such an ass...

I'm confused. There were so many refinements from NA1 to NA2. Did the windshield jack replace the sideview mirror jack?

@ Midnight Raven, a windshield jack is a cylindrical pump jack the can sit center line of a car under the frame supports for the windshield. Instead of jacking up the car from a side point, you put this jack at the windshield subframe pick up point and start jacking. This allows you to use the strongest part of the car (the windshield) to hold the weight while you place the optional ball joint retainers into place, freeing you up do routine maintenance.

What about the gas door lid jack point? I heard that one is good for doing routine fuel system cleaning etc.

It works on the same principle of putting your hands under your feet and lifting yourself off the ground a few inches.

I've been trying this at work right now but I can't control how high I get.. I think all the CrossFit I've been doing has been sending me into the ceiling..

You guys are all a bunch of careless owners! Everybody knows the best way to jack the car is by putting a coat hanger around the oem rear wing and lifting, that way you can get to the bottom and top of the car at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention, if you don't have a jack, you can put the coat hanger around the rear wing and attach it to the garage door and then use the garage opener to lift the car by the wing.

P.S: OP please know we are all joking here. Except for the side view mirror jack points, that one is true :eek:

Before I got my mirror jacks, I just tipped the car up on its side. Was that wrong?

jacks are old school..i flood my garage and when my car starts to float I place stands under it...easy peezy.

Back