• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where do you keep your mobile phone when driving ??

Khajjathefang said:
in the center console, right next to my wallet

Exactly... The only place to keep it! (your wallet as well!)

I can't hear it when it rings in there which means I don't get distracted whilst I am trying to drive! I can check missed calls when I am safely done driving! :wink:

Pet peeve disclaimer:
The following comment may offend some bluetooth handsfree users... If your offended then I am probably talking about you! :smile:

Has anyone seen how stupid people look when walking around with these bluetooth things in their ears and they are not actually on a call...

"Oooowww look at me! I have a bluetooth hands free.... Aren't I important..." :rolleyes:

In the little felt coin holder right below the shifter, or in the ashtray.

I had to take the little plastic thing out of the ashtray that one would normally put the cigarette out on, but my phone slides right in there now and doesn't go flying around the cabin which is a bonus.

:redface:
AU_NSX said:
Pet peeve disclaimer:
The following comment may offend some bluetooth handsfree users... If your offended then I am probably talking about you! :smile:

Has anyone seen how stupid people look when walking around with these bluetooth things in their ears and they are not actually on a call...

"Oooowww look at me! I have a bluetooth hands free.... Aren't I important..." :rolleyes:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: LOL:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Yes, I am a hands free blue tooth user, and yes I agree. Usually if I'm in public (say a mall, or restaurant) I take it out, but sometimes leave it in.

It feels more stupid when YOU ARE USING IT and walking around talking, and people DON'T see it and think your crazy, then you look even dumber:redface: Just had it happen yesterday

AU_NSX said:
Pet peeve disclaimer:

oh yeah! i just want to run around ripping them out and smashing them on the floor. just get an implant already :rolleyes:

Wow that's a lot of assumptions about someone that has a bluetooth earpiece in their ear. I don't think a $30 plastic thingy hanging in my ear would be any reason to think I am "important".... I don't think most other people do either.

For the record I don't own one.

Yeah, yeah, we all know that some people are truly doing business and carrying on earth saving transactions that could not possibly wait......but generally, when one sees kids and soccer moms spending 18 hours a day on the phone, one might question the need. Seeing a woman driving a large SUV with kids in the car, smoking a cigarette and talking on the cell all at the same time is troubling for me.

I personally think that in a car the blue tooth head set is fine and preferred unless your car is blue toothed and the ear piece is not needed. But once outside your car or office, dump the thing -unless maybe you are expecting a call from the president or something. I just put my cell in my pocket on vibrate- yes, no audible ring, that too is offensive as everyone hasd to listen to your stupid ring tone for 30 seconds before you answer. I try to not talk inside of any establishment and generally answer and ask them to hold a second while I walk outside and then handle the call. If we could all be more considerate of others, we would be a better society.

Yeah- and I also can't stand those stupid Cadillac Escalades with all the bling bling crap......sorry.

i keep my phone in my pocket, and use my blue tooth head set to talk

Funny story... I was in the theater, with a group of homeboys in front of me and a few seats over. One of them gets a call.... ring ring ring ring... he answers... "hello?"..."yo whats up man!".... "yeah... no I'm watchin' a movie dude"... "no shit? did he really say that?"....

Proceeds to carry on an entire 5 minute conversation as if he is sitting in his living room. I was so beside myself that I was not even upset... I was just laughing hystericaly at the balls this guy has to do that in a theater full of people. Was he whispering? not at all! He could care less...

Walking out with my girlfreind we were both laughing at the situation. He was actually more entertaining than the movie for us.

Anyway... I keep my cell phone in my coin tray... just in case there is an emergency call. I don't talk even with hands free when in my NSX. Its just too loud and I am too busy looking out for swerving SUV's. My NSX is the one car that I am 100% tuned into driving.

I keep it under my testicles and hope i get a phone call. then when i get out it falls on the pavement.

i wish i still had the stock cell so i could call myself constantly.

Deltron Zero said:
I keep it under my testicles and hope i get a phone call. then when i get out it falls on the pavement.

i wish i still had the stock cell so i could call myself constantly.

LOL !!!
happy0009.gif

I put my phone on the passenger seat along with my wallet. Not comfy sitting with the wallet in the pocket. With a passenger in I put both in the glove box.

Outta my hands which is what people should do while driving. It is the only thing I can do well while driving. DRIVE. The way some people drive on the freeways I think it's up their ASS.

Danny RED SR 71
V.C. 22351
:smile: :biggrin: :wink:

Last edited:
I use a PanaVise "InDash" bracket (model 75119-498) specifically designed for the NSX to hold the cradle for my Nokia phone. it is wired to a hands free kit and an antenna which is mounted on the inside partition glass.

The Panavise has a flat mounting surface with tons of holes and slots in it and will accept any kind of mount.

The thing below the phone is a generic mount I picked up at Best Buy for my PDA mount.

pana_phone1.jpg

pana_phone2.jpg

AU_NSX said:
Pet peeve disclaimer:

I hate that. My friend changed his clothing style into something with dress jacket and jeans and boots. Then I saw him with that thing in his ear. I told him to take it out, looks so cheap walking around with it... Annoioioioioioiying...

I have a blackberry so I took an extra belt clip, removed the magnet that locks the phone when I "holster" it and wrapped some black nylon (like an extra thick shoelace) around the parking brake handle and clip the belt clip to it - works great! and is tidy and I didn't need to screw anything in or up in my interior!

Deltron Zero said:
I keep it under my testicles and hope i get a phone call.

Same here. If I do not get a call and have to drive over 20 minutes, my testicules glow in the dark. :rolleyes:

|Adeel said:
I hate that. My friend changed his clothing style into something with dress jacket and jeans and boots. Then I saw him with that thing in his ear. I told him to take it out, looks so cheap walking around with it... Annoioioioioioiying...

I'll never understand why a person gives a $h!!t if someone else has a phone or bluetooth to thier ear walking around, who cares?

If one can't drive while holding a hands free phone conversation, one probably sucks behind the wheel anyway.

Ski_Banker said:
Man, Hugh...and I thought you were one tough guy, with all the Iron Maiden and everything. But then you show us pics of Charlotte's pooch...so precious!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I guess I'm the perfect man. Tough yet sensitive, intelligent and a great sense of humor, good looking, animal lover etc... etc... :smile:

Back