• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where is the brain for the factory alarm?

In my '95 it's in the passenger footwell area on the underside of the glovebox. Its a black box about the size of a wallet. This is what a quick search turned up. Hope it helps.

Nsxdemon81 said:
I'm thinking of changing my alarm system, but I need to unplug the brain for the factory one. Anyone know where this is?

There is no need to unplug the factory security module - in fact it will likely be more trouble if you do. It is possible to have it also operate in conjunction with the after-market of desired - requires a simple wiring mod to have it arm with the new alarm's remote simultaneously. Without the wiring mod it will not arm the OEM, just the new one however will cause no interference to the operation.
Bottom line - leave it in there!

MLmotorsport said:
In my '95 it's in the passenger footwell area on the underside of the glovebox. Its a black box about the size of a wallet. This is what a quick search turned up. Hope it helps.

That is describing the keyless entry which is NOT the same as the security module. Those are quite separate functions on the NSX.
The security module is indeed behind the glove box however. See picture below. It is the one in the bottom of the rack.

Nsxdemon81 said:
can anyone confirm if this is the same for a 91

Although the keyless entry module changed in 95, the security module is same part # 39880-SL0-A02 for all years.

Attachments

• page1296.JPG
    page1296.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 212
Back