• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to find NSX parts in Tokyo

I'm in Tokyo until tomorrow night and realized I should think about looking at car parts. Is there anything I can only buy here that I should pick up if given the chance? I'm not sure about an exhaust, but would think there would be some parts I could take on the flight home.

Has anyone been here and shopped for car parts? Does anyone know where to go?

NSX was sold through Verno Dealer net work. However, if you are looking for Type R "Performance" parts, you will need a "R" VIN in order to get them.

If you are looking for aftermarket parts, you can look into Route KS, Advane, Feel, or Taitec, I believe they are in Tokyo.

Try Superautobac at Shinonome. This is your best bet. Look your subway or JR map. Get to Shinkiba station then transfer taking Rinkai sen, only 1 direction from there, so you can take either train whichever leave first. Get off at Shinonome, prior to arrival look out at the right hand side window. You will see Superautobacs, you can't miss it.

They should have a lot of items you can't get at US, not necessarily NSX parts, but books, videos, accessaries, etc.

If you want rare used parts, look up OPTION 2 for event listings such as car part swap meets at Makahari Messe or Tokyo Big Site.

Used type r parts are hard to get. Yahoo Japan sellers will grab it and dump it on YJ before you even get a chance to lay your hand on it.

As you already know in this trip. Car part shops is a rare sight in Tokyo. You can still visit Taitec at Yokohama which is not that far. Route KS is 2 hours away by bullet train. GT Rom is 3 hours way by Bullet train + spending some additional time taking subway in Osaka. You can leave the hotel at 5:30am catch the first shinkansen tain at around 6:15pm, arrive at Shin-Osaka Station at 9pm. Take subway, arrive at GT-rom. Finish shopping by 5pm then catch the train returning to Tokyo at around 6:00om. Arrive at Tokyo before 9pm. That used to be my regular routine to cut unnecessary cost.

i suggest just going to shibuya and tearin the clubs up :cool:

go to gaspanic to get started, then hit up the bigger ones....

god i miss japan :frown:

First, you should have given your friends here in the states at NSXPrime time to make a list then you wouldn't have to worry about carring your parts home on your flight because if we packed the 747 that we hired to bring our parts back, correctly, there probably would have been enough room for you in the plane somewhere.

Cheers
nigel

Honda head showroom in aoyama.
and then try Macs biggest NSX dealer in japan is in Tokyo.

Only 2 places i found in tokyo everything else was in Yokohama or Osaka.

good luck.,

Well I made it to Superautobac. Neat place but very little NSX stuff. The only thing I could find were a couple of magazines and a type R shift knob. I was shocked not to find models, posters, books, etc. The guy I spoke with there told me the car didn't sell well in Japan and had a small following. It was too expensive and Japanese would rather have a foreign car if they were going to spend that much money. Is this true? I had always thought the Japanese were very loyal to their brands.

On another note, a guy in the bus to the airport saw me looking at the NSX magazine and told me he had just come from the Honda museum. He pulled out his computer and had about 100 pictures from inside. Some amazing stuff. Old F1 cars, NSX's, probably 500 bikes. I need to get there sometime.

The guy I spoke with there told me the car didn't sell well in Japan and had a small following. It was too expensive and Japanese would rather have a foreign car if they were going to spend that much money. Is this true? I had always thought the Japanese were very loyal to their brands.

FWIW Here in the UK there is a big import market of JDM vehicles ( Skylines, Subarus, Evos, etc ) and there are not that many imported JDM NSXs. I know only ,most of which are autos. Why is this, because the Japanese love the NSX and it costs a fortune, They are not willing to let it go cheap!

Cheers,

AR

Well I made it to Superautobac. Neat place but very little NSX stuff. The only thing I could find were a couple of magazines and a type R shift knob. I was shocked not to find models, posters, books, etc. The guy I spoke with there told me the car didn't sell well in Japan and had a small following. It was too expensive and Japanese would rather have a foreign car if they were going to spend that much money. Is this true? I had always thought the Japanese were very loyal to their brands.

On another note, a guy in the bus to the airport saw me looking at the NSX magazine and told me he had just come from the Honda museum. He pulled out his computer and had about 100 pictures from inside. Some amazing stuff. Old F1 cars, NSX's, probably 500 bikes. I need to get there sometime.

i don't know if you've noticed, but used cars in japan are DIRT cheap. you can buy an R33 for like 9g's over there. also, i guess they find big cars to be really cool over there (at least with the young ones..... when they aren't all over the sports cars) it's like more extravagant or something.... if you get a big american car ,they're like :eek:

also, when i was speaking to my japanese co-workers over there, they seemed very surprised when they found out i had an nsx. apparently my same car would've been about 10 g's more over there.... maybe just cause we have more of them to boot? i duno. either way, i saw way more over there (mostly in tochigi, but still....)

anyway, i hope you enjoyed your trip even though you didn't get many car things. pretty sweet atmosphere over there - everybody's so nice. it's like a bunch of asian canadians (ontario canadians, at least) :smile:

i don't know if you've noticed, but used cars in japan are DIRT cheap.

Thats why i"m here, nsx's are much cheaper than home ;)

You can get nsx type r parts, if your verno honda dealer is nice!:biggrin:

Super Autobacs is no good for nsx parts. I bought everything form taitec in Japan they would order through the other main nsx companies also.

Most of my Japanese students have never heard of the nsx.

What they're into *example

http://www.ls-mag.com

http://www.dressup-car.com/

Hi I'm in Osaka. Can anyone advise where to look for nsx-r na1 parts? I'd like to get the gauges, tachometer and speedometer. I browsed routeks website but it seems need to make appointment which is available on Monday and Sunday only but I'll be leaving already. Please advise. Thanks!

Back