• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to get Methanol for NSXPO track days???

I'm taking my car to NSXPO from Hawaii for the first time and it will need a few gallons of methanol.
Does anyone know of a source of Methanol near the track or near the NSXPO events?

Or better yet, can anyone who uses methanol, bring extra and sell me some Meth at NSXPO?
Sounds sinister, doesn't it?..... but it's not. My car is tuned to run water/methanol injection under boost.

Aloha,
Steve

Steve, I will be purchasing methanol for the trip out. You are welcome to mine. It will be good to see you again. And to finally have your car there!!!!!

Juice... Thanks a Million!!!
I'm traveling 5,000 miles to get to NSXPO and didn't know where to find Meth.
Now I have one less thing to pack.

I'll send you a PM.

Aloha,
Steve

I built a ramp with a 33.7 degree incline at the end of an old WWII runway, on the East side of the island. Starting at the western end of the runway, I reved the engine to 8,200 RPM, launched the car with it's twin turbos and inverted down force wings down the runway headed due East toward the ramp and held on!!!
The car ended up in San Diego and is at a shop getting extensive work done. If it is put back together in time, I'll drive it from San Diego on various surface roads cross country to NSXPO.
Wish me luck!!

Last edited:
Lol Steve....maybe just maybe....:biggrin:

I'd recommend wearing a bra during your 3000 mile trip to avoid road grime. Those midwestern states are notorious for nasty big bugs, dust storm and sand pebbles being kicked up by trucks.

I may be at NSXpo without car.

I'd recommend wearing a bra during your 3000 mile trip to avoid road grime.

Steve looks miserable in a bra....Hugh on the other hand fills it out much better...:tongue:

If my car is done early enough, I was planning on having a clear bra applied to the entire front of the car because I heard about those bugs.
Do you think I would still want to use a conventional bra on my car too?
Personally, I've never worn a bra. Hugh didn't look as good in his bra as the average human I've seen wearing a bra.

Back