• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to install my amplifier?

Hello to all.

Recently I have been having writers block when it comes to where and how i want to mount my amplifier. I'm running a Jl 300.4 and I had the idea of mabye putting it in the trunk where the alpine changer usually goes. I also did some searching in our local gallery to only a few results. It would be great to get some input or pictures from some of the audio guys and people that have relative set ups. :smile:

thanks guys! Its apparent I dont use the search feature that well. LoL

my question is how do u keep the AMP from over heating? :confused:
I've had mine in the trunk, but the heat from the Taitec exhaust overheated it, I literally felt the AMP and it was sorching hot, so now i had to put behind the passenger seat.

my question is how do u keep the AMP from over heating? :confused:

In that tool well it's not easy keeping it cool. It depends a lot on your exhaust as well. D'Ecosse and I have applied Thermotec muffler shielding on the underside of that area and have had good results. It still will get warm in there and unless you have a very efficient amplifier, you will need to add some kind of active cooling (ie. fans).

For that and several other reasons I would recommend that you mount the amps in the passenger compartment behind the seats. It may be a bit less stealthy but you don't have to fight heat problems and your cable runs are shorter and don't run through the engine bay.

In that tool well it's not easy keeping it cool. It depends a lot on your exhaust as well. D'Ecosse and I have applied Thermotec muffler shielding on the underside of that area and have had good results. It still will get warm in there and unless you have a very efficient amplifier, you will need to add some kind of active cooling (ie. fans).

For that and several other reasons I would recommend that you mount the amps in the passenger compartment behind the seats. It may be a bit less stealthy but you don't have to fight heat problems and your cable runs are shorter and don't run through the engine bay.

Thanks for the advice. I already have the amp behind the passenger, just want to give them more leg room. I'll keep it where it is.:wink:

Back