• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to install start button?

Debating where to install. I can do the center console, the ash tray or ...?

I don't like the Center Console because I have to drill into it and want to keep it as clean as possible. The ash tray is possible but not ideal. I'd like to have as close to a "stock" look as possible.

I'm leaning towards mounting it to the left of the steering wheel as high as possible.. This will make it closer to the placement that the stock S2000 has (on the left). Drawback is that I'd have to drill into my under dash stearing leather.

Good idea, bad idea, thoughts?

*After further deliberation, I might be able to mount it into the shift boot.. I'd have to cut into my NSX-R CF piece though. Maybe this is the best idea.

Last edited:
do you have to have is visible? ever thought of putting it inside the armrest? I was thinking about putting it in my double door armrest. the first door you would pull up push to start car and close door. now theif would see it on first inspection

I put mine on the small surface benind the shift boot. I have a type-r boot and its just a plain carbon surface there. On the OEM boot you will have to remove the shift pattern badge.

I've seen it done on the shift boot and cig lighter. When ever i get around to doing mine I'll be doing it in the cig lighter and moving the cig light to the armrest area.

Here's mine. I havent seen this placement on another car actually.
NSX-s2000button.jpg

nsx_interior.jpg

This looks awesome! How tricky was it to cut into the CF? Any regrets etc..?
Thanks, it was piece of cake. I used a circle saw - the one that you attach to a drill - with the same diameter as the button insert. The installation looks OEM, and honestly - the only reason to install a start button is for show, so why would you want to put it where you cant se it?

And i can start the car with either the key or the button - when the ignition is on.

Thanks, it was piece of cake. I used a circle saw - the one that you attach to a drill - with the same diameter as the button insert. The installation looks OEM, and honestly - the only reason to install a start button is for show, so why would you want to put it where you cant se it?

And i can start the car with either the key or the button - when the ignition is on.

The way you wired it makes it only for show. I'm having mine wired so the only way to start the car is by pressing the start switch.

The way you wired it makes it only for show. I'm having mine wired so the only way to start the car is by pressing the start switch.

Moses...
so if you turn your key nothing happens?
is the start button a momentary contact,that needs to stay pushed untill the beast awakens??? :biggrin:

Which button is that? Is it the S2000 OEM?

I consider a start button all show regardless because it doesnt add new or improve on existing functionality.

I just wanted to add that if anyone does this and uses a hole saw, be sure to run it in reverse after the pilot hole is drilled. This will keep the bit from walking and screwing up your console. Also, put tape down and drill through that.

Back