• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where's FactorX?

Their last post was on 4/15/05 and haven't heard from them in a while. Just wondering where they have been and if there's any new news on the Turbo's for the NSX. :confused:

Does anyone have details on recent failures?

Wow - their web site is down. Are they really out of business? Hard to believe from what I saw and heard of their operation (NSX turbo troubles non withstanding).

I had also heard from people I like that they were pretty likeable. As with most things like this - there are people that know but for various resons don't want to post about it. If you want to know the scoop - better go to chat on the weekends!

matteni said:
...there are people that know but for various resons don't want to post about it.
I don't have a problem posting about it. Just haven't taken the time to do a write-up. Should have though. It would have saved me time in replying to a plethera of PM's. I'll try to do a write-up later tonight, but in short - it blew, again, and FX responded with "We'll ship the car back and fix it again." However, I was pretty mentally beat up with what my car has been through over the past few years. Mikey asked me what I wanted to 'make things right,' and I asked if they would consider buying the car. He replied the next day that they would. In short, I'm happy with the end result. All FI vendors should take a few notes on how they/we resolved this. And, yes - both Mikey and Ken are likeable people, and I have nothing but the best of wishes for them.

Oh, I have no knowledge as to whether any other FX turbo cars have had blown engines.

Thank you all for caring so much:) We are still here, but hopefully not for long at our current location. We are in the process of closing on our own building, so we will soon have a new address. In addition a new website will soon be up similar to that of the DAL motorsports site primarily geared toward the happenings of our two project NSXs. Thanks to our generous sponsors we are currently building a few project NSXs to campaign for the last quarter of this year and the following year.

In regards to what has transpired the past few months, it has definitely been a challenge. Time, as always being the major mitigating factor. In a nutshell, we had to let go of one of our lead techs due to actions we did not approve. Without our knowledge he approached some of our other clients to try to open up their own shop in an attempt to duplicate and/or improve upon our FX system. Time will tell if they are successful or not.

KGPs motor has been completely disassembled and inspected. We along with three other engine builders at the LVMS have been going through the chicken or the egg scenarios. We will post our hypothesis in the near future, however initial discoveries indicate rod failure due to excessive load. KGP has been more than understanding during the whole process and he is the last person we wished this upon. As we had mentioned long ago if all of our clients were like him it would be great. Out of respect, we purchased his NSX so he can move on to his next vehicle. Integrity is something we not only adhere to in our business but also in our lives. We wish KGP nothing but the best.

p.s. To all the individuals spreading false rumors and promises of something greater, bring it! You know we will! See everyone at NSXPO:)

good to see you are still moving forward.

I would laos like to say that i am glad you are blowing up engines, if you werent it would mean you are not pushing the evelope. while it is unforchanate for a consumer, I think it is INSANE for some one to think that they can buy/build a hi performance engine and not have issues, regardless of how its done or hoe much thought goes into it.

KGP said:
I don't have a problem posting about it. Just haven't taken the time to do a write-up. Should have though. It would have saved me time in replying to a plethera of PM's. I'll try to do a write-up later tonight, but in short - it blew, again, and FX responded with "We'll ship the car back and fix it again." However, I was pretty mentally beat up with what my car has been through over the past few years. Mikey asked me what I wanted to 'make things right,' and I asked if they would consider buying the car. He replied the next day that they would. In short, I'm happy with the end result. All FI vendors should take a few notes on how they/we resolved this. And, yes - both Mikey and Ken are likeable people, and I have nothing but the best of wishes for them.

Oh, I have no knowledge as to whether any other FX turbo cars have had blown engines.

It's nice to see there are guys out there that can and will deal with all circumstances, fortunate as well as unfortunate, that occur, and not simply dissappear if things don't go the way they like..

Factor X Motorsports said:
And, yes - both Mikey and Ken are likeable people, and I have nothing but the best of wishes for them.

Ditto.

Hold on, so Ken and Mikey are no longer there? :confused:

01blacks4 said:
good to see you are still moving forward.

We are still moving forward but not in the same capacity. We have dissolved the company and will be pursuing our own personal goals with the NSX. Time for us to work on our own toys for a change:)

We are still moving forward but not in the same capacity. We have dissolved the company and will be pursuing our own personal goals with the NSX. Time for us to work on our own toys for a change:)

I'm a bit confused, so who exactly is running the show and who's left?

have any turbo setups gathering dust in the corner? My cleaning service can remove that "clutter" for a nominal fee! :biggrin: :biggrin:

WOODY said:
have any turbo setups gathering dust in the corner? My cleaning service can remove that "clutter" for a nominal fee! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Woody, if the other people in line drop out, we may have another kit for you. Give us a ring.

Brian, give us a ring and we will fill in some blanks for you.

Ok, will do. :smile: I still have so many more projects left on my list and a turbo/SC is still one of them! :biggrin: Plus, you guys are one of the rare few that I completely trust to do any work on my car. You guys have done nothing but top notch quality work every single time. :smile:

You had me worried their for a second that I would have to go 5 hours out of my way to Phoenix for future work. :tongue:

Vega$ NSX said:
Ok, will do. :smile: I still have so many more projects left on my list and a turbo/SC is still one of them! :biggrin: Plus, you guys are one of the rare few that I completely trust to do any work on my car. You guys have done nothing but top notch quality work every single time. :smile:

You had me worried their for a second that I would have to go 5 hours out of my way to Phoenix for future work. :tongue:

Thanks for the compliment:). Give us a ring anytime, maybe we will be able to make it to some of the meets now! That is after we get the new set-up done. We are not sure if this has been done on a street nsx in the states yet or if it will yield the results we are looking for but, if it works we will be breaking more trannys and axles again... Mike calculated it out so, if it is anything like his check book we are screwed!

Someone please remind us why we are doing this again???

5309teaser-med.jpg

Turbo charged aluminium sportcars = Rocket with wheels. :smile:
Have to learn something from Porsche GT2.
Thanks for the compliment:). Give us a ring anytime, maybe we will be able to make it to some of the meets now! That is after we get the new set-up done. We are not sure if this has been done on a street nsx in the states yet or if it will yield the results we are looking for but, if it works we will be breaking more trannys and axles again... Mike calculated it out so, if it is anything like his check book we are screwed!

Someone please remind us why we are doing this again???

5309teaser-med.jpg

Looks good. I had something similar planned for my car. But now that you have done it, let us know the results :biggrin: .

Elite said:
Looks good. I had something similar planned for my car. But now that you have done it, let us know the results :biggrin: .

Elite,

Since we are doing our share on this end, can you get on the 1khp manual transmission:)

Back