• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where's the bottom

Illinois dealer has a black one with red interior 200k sticker discounting 50k let me know if your interested.

Have a feeling 60-65 k is going to be the magic number in a few weeks
the sweet spot on these cars is 125-135
the 200k cars are filled with a bunch of FLUFF
carbon 20k! lol
the 175k msrp and below cars are what's moving in inventory

Got tired of playing games with Acura dealers. Went and bought myself an R8 V10 plus. Got a nice $31k off MSRP.

Haha didn’t realize I was replying to a prime member on r8talk.

Count me in too. South coast Acura refused to discount a penny beyond the incentive on their nord grey. They think they have a hot car. 30k discount is nothing special when you can get same on an Audi.

Everyone looking for an nsx, do not buy from dealers who are cutting back on discounts. They will realize these cars aren’t suddenly a hot commodity and discount them eventually. There are still tons of 2017s out there.

Rebate and discount? What is the deal on these?

no incentives. r8's are sitting on the lots the same as the nsx. honestly after being in both cars, the r8 is the better car. It's faster, wayyy nicer interior, sounds better, has better aftermarket support. They're the same price. If you prefer NSX, it probably comes down to styling and brand loyalty.

no incentives. r8's are sitting on the lots the same as the nsx. honestly after being in both cars, the r8 is the better car. It's faster, wayyy nicer interior, sounds better, has better aftermarket support. They're the same price. If you prefer NSX, it probably comes down to styling and brand loyalty.

Agreed, you are essentially sitting in a Huracan as the two cars share quite a bit!

We've been doing a lot of CF upgrades on the 2nd gen R8 so know the car well. There is a limited edition version that is simply BAD A$$ with a lot of unique touches compared to the standard R8:

Also after you hear the glorious V10, you'll be sold. It crackles/pops when you lift the throttle.

Got tired of playing games with Acura dealers. Went and bought myself an R8 V10 plus. Got a nice $31k off MSRP.

odd.. im also getting a bit fed up. first it was the dealers and now its acura financials

odd.. im also getting a bit fed up. first it was the dealers and now its acura financials

Im leaning towards picking up a leftover 17 R8 as well instead of the NSX if these dealers arent willing to make something happen soon. I was hoping to leave the R8 platform to try something new but that may not be the case anymore.

The regular R8 isn't close to the NSX overall driving
The R8 plus & NSX are basically neck and neck. Some things to like about each over the other.
You can't go wrong with either choice.:smile:

Last edited:
The regular R8 isn't close to the NSX overall driving
The R8 plus & NSX are basically neck and neck. Some things to like about each over the other.
You can't go wrong with either choice.:smile:

I've got the plus, but the difference to the base model isn't that much. About 70hp more and different gearing. The 70hp difference can be eliminated with a tune. I definitely prefer exterior styling of the NSX though.

Last edited:
The discussion reminds me of a dealer stating that people are shopping for the biggest discount and NOT the car itself. People prefer buying a car with a 31k discount over another with 'only' 30k off but might don't buy what they really want and maybe pay more in the end...

Not sure what issues you guys are having with Acura Finance. Can you be more specific? It took me 30 minutes to get approved and sign my lease docs.

sports-cars are not toasters.......all dogs are the same right?

Not sure what issues you guys are having with Acura Finance. Can you be more specific? It took me 30 minutes to get approved and sign my lease docs.

^^^This^^^ Very cryptic posts re: Acura Finance, no info...:confused:

^^^^^
No issues with Acura Finance, ever, have dealt with them and Honda Finance (they are the same, ya know) for 15 years. They are super-easy to deal with. I think it took me all of 15 minutes, if that long, to be approved for my TLX lease a few months back.

^^^^^
No issues with Acura Finance, ever, have dealt with them and Honda Finance (they are the same, ya know) for 15 years. They are super-easy to deal with. I think it took me all of 15 minutes, if that long, to be approved for my TLX lease a few months back.

Probably people with well 800 credit score trying to get acura to approve.

^^^^^

Me too. Three leases through Acura without a hiccup.

update: It was more of my fault not Acura financials. I was dealing with 3-4 NSXs but they wouldn't give me a bottom figure, i showed them with an app that i'm overly qualified but because i got approved at 3 different dealers they put a big "STOP" because they thought of identity theft etc. sent my tax returns etc and we're golden.

At least they were looking out for you. I have Lifelock because a few years ago I was the victim of identity theft. Funny how I didn't get a call from them when I leased the NSX, however when I opened up a Macy's store card to get a new mattress for $2,000 they called me to verify I was applying for the card. I guess it's easier to steal a bed than a car. :)

At least they were looking out for you. I have Lifelock because a few years ago I was the victim of identity theft. Funny how I didn't get a call from them when I leased the NSX, however when I opened up a Macy's store card to get a new mattress for $2,000 they called me to verify I was applying for the card. I guess it's easier to steal a bed than a car. :)
Was that you driving down A1A in front of the Ritz-Carlton today in Fort Lauderdale Doc? Blue nsx swimming around down there today.

Was that you driving down A1A in front of the Ritz-Carlton today in Fort Lauderdale Doc? Blue nsx swimming around down there today.

Nope. Mine was in the garage as I had to take the kids to school and then go to my office for a few hours. But I wish I was able to drive around near the beach. :)

in which way?
IMO:
both are very fast but the r8 plus is faster after intial jump off the line of the NSX
the interior is better in the plus
pure drivability in the 45 mins i spent in each i preferred the NSX overall
looks for me it's not close the NSX is gorgeous kind of a 458/570 weekend get together romp :eek:

update: It was more of my fault not Acura financials. I was dealing with 3-4 NSXs but they wouldn't give me a bottom figure, i showed them with an app that i'm overly qualified but because i got approved at 3 different dealers they put a big "STOP" because they thought of identity theft etc. sent my tax returns etc and we're golden.

Any reason why you guys are all using Acura Financial? The dealer in IL said they won't lease a car to a registered owner in CA so we decided to use our 3rd party lease company (Putnam) and now trying to figure out the details.

Back