• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which is the best machine shop in the area?

Looks like I need a machine shop to totally go though the motor on the Turbo car I just bought. What shop is the best, but also one that will get my work in and out in a timely matter. Looking in the Houston/Dallas or in between area.

I use a little local shop that does all the custom Chevy V-8 etc. race stuff around here.
Metal is metal however. They made a set of unobtainable valve guides for a BMW M-6 I had and the work was flawless.
You can call them to see if its a fit.

Arlington Automotive machine.
817-261-9022

Greg,

Sorry for your bad luck. Give us an update. What happened to the motor?

Update is Chuck at Gillman Acura put a boroscope in the defective hole and saw that the piston was melted badly, the sleeve heavily damaged, head/valves damaged. So now I will pull the motor and inspect closer but I pretty much know all I need to:(

Zabor's Motorcycle Repair in Austin does first class machine work. They use Sunon equipment and have done machine work for several friends motorcycles and a few of my kart motors.

I think they will do machine work on cars if you bring them stuff that is already disassembled and ready for machining.

FYI the guy is like the Soup Nazi and has been known for yelling at people and kicking them out of his shop for bringing in filthy motorcycles into his shop for work.

Back