• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which rim company do u like? VOLK or HRE?

Which Rim Brand? HRE or VOLK

• VOLK

Votes: 68 61.8%
  • HRE

Votes: 42 38.2%

• Total voters
Personally I cant decide what brand I like better.....post pics of your volk's or hre's

Both companies have some many types of wheels. What kind of style are you looking for? 5 spoke? 6 spoke? Way more spokes? Mesh?

I imagine a search in the Gallery section might yield some nice examples.

Eeehhh - where's the Work bullet? ;)

Seriously, though those wheels are so radically different throughout their styling range. HRE's look solid, highly polished "show" kind of appearance; Volks have more of a "racer" look for want of a better description and you have the options of different colours of faces to go with the polished lips (OK, I guess you can have that with the HRE's custom too, but not very typical)

Basiclly I am asking overall which company would you go with, personally I can not decide which brand is better.....volk's lightwieght or hre's high quality....I cant decide which hre i like the most but in terms of Volk i like the te37 :D

I don't think you can go wrong with either. You should just pick whichever wheel you think looks best or weighs less if that's what you're looking for. But there are a lot of other great wheel manufacturers out there as well. Fikse, SSR, BC Forged, 5zigen to name a few. 80% of the aftermarket wheels I've seen on NSXs have been either HREs or Volks. I kinda like it like that because it makes it real easy to be different... :)

Are you a performance guy, or a show guy? Volk "fits" the die-hard racer type, and HRE's are for people who like to keep their car spotless! Both are great, and since the HRE's are more than double the price, it is a shame to see them dirty! If you do decide on Volk's, shoot me an email, I give great Volk prices!

nosboy4life said:
I cant decide which hre i like the most but in terms of Volk i like the te37 :D
If the TE37 is your favorite, there really isn't anything similar in HREs lineup.

Simple choice from your comments. TE37 = style you like = less weight = lower cost than HREs. Now all you have to do is choose what color.

Volk are simply MUCH better wheels than HRE in terms of sophistication, quality, weight, strength, and they are race proven. There are a lot more sciences behind the Volks. HREs are just some Bling Bling heavy wheels built by a very small company which I doubt has the R&D resources to rival Volk's. I am onto my 4th sets of Volk monoblock forged wheels now they are simply right up there with forged BBS wheels.
Steve

In my experience, I have never heard of a Volk cracking. On the other hand it seems to be fairly common in the HRE world. I am not willing to pay for poor quality.

i think it would depend on the look you're going for...

1) volk racing = sporty/race feel
2) HRE = luxury/exotic feel

just my 2cents...

my experience with hre has been good.Although I did'nt buy from them I got to speak to one of thier techs who seamed knowledgable.I think the biggest advantage to a "boutique" company like hre is thier ability to produce made to order custom offsetts and sizes.As far as price,they are $ but in this free market I guess they get folks to pay it so?We can complain al day about price,or ante up.

My Dad and both like HRE better for the look and they are very lighweight in our exp. I have nothing against Volk b/c I do not know their product very well but what have seen I do not like most of their styles but some are OK but that is just my opinion. I like most of the HRE rims and I like rims that stand out from the crowd. Maybe not chrome, but something that people notice easily.

Here is my Dads HRE 547.

9069nsx_at_dusk-med.JPG

Last edited:
Well ......i guess ill chime in just to state facts ..

Volk= Great wheels Japan built wheels ..they dont offer 3 piece wheels only 2 piece and modular ..they use alot of diffent grade of aluminum ..They are universal wheels so they are not specific to Car Ie. They require centering rings and specific to laod ratings for certain vehicles .Also they are not custom built to your exact speciafication you have to take what you get ..yes you can specail order then but only to what they have ..

HRE= usa top grade aluminum t6061 only ..and all there new barrels are double rolled. ..Also they are custom made they can build you wheels to fit any brake combo and you dont have to run spacers. .Also wheels are hub centric big diffrence ..Race heritage i dont really think people relize volk is fairlly new company in the usa even newer ..Hre has been around they were call "Howeld Racing Enterprises" ..thats what hre stands for and they have been aronud for 25 years now ..they were one of the 1st to develope 3 piece wheels here in the usa. .thats heritage to me ..Also its not fare to compare 1 piece forged wheels to 3 piece forged wheels of course it will never weight the same ...but if you grade a volk gt series and hre 540R sereis ..hre will be lighter ...if same size and width ..
Alot of info you are hearing is personal taste ...Honestlly the reason they are more money is becasue they are made to order not mass production ..But they are both great wheels and for the price volk is a great bang for the buck ..

Last edited:
I was considering HREs but got the Volks instead.... I dunno... something about the GTCs... :D

post-943-1094257706.jpg

theWB said:
Well ......i guess ill chime in just to state facts ..

Volk= Great wheels Japan built wheels ..they dont offer 3 piece wheels only 2 piece and modular ..they use alot of diffent grade of aluminum ..They are universal wheels so they are not specific to Car Ie. They require centering rings and specific to laod ratings for certain vehicles .Also they are not custom built to your exact speciafication you have to take what you get ..yes you can specail order then but only to what they have ..

..Race heritage i dont really think people relize volk is fairlly new company in the usa even newer ....

just to straighten out the facts :D
Volk racing is made by http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/. They are used by the JGTC racecars in japan. They have been in business since 1973

Last edited:
Not to be rude, but theWB need to educate himself how VOLK Racing Wheels are made.

Also to note, spell checker is a great feature. Unless it's some new style of typing/spelling. I'm still living in a time when, "I'm down with that" means I have a flu :(

Vizal said:
Not to be rude, but theWB need to educate himself how VOLK Racing Wheels are made.

Also to note, spell checker is a great feature. Unless it's some new style of typing/spelling. I'm still living in a time when, "I'm down with that" means I have a flu :(

Not to be rude but I would dare say the WB knows more than most people I have EVER encountered about wheels. And if you are typing really fast and just want to get your point across quickley who cares about spell check. Try not worrying about how other people type. :rolleyes:

This thread is not about spellcheck or whether you think someone needs to do more homework about rims it is about HRE or VOLK. He was expressing the FACTS about both as he knows.

HRE all the way............What wheels do you prefer?

BTW, you may want to check my response for spelling and grammer while your at it. ;) :)

Vizal apperantlly you won alot of spelling beez ...great for you ...why dont you educate us since i am so wrong ..if your gonna say something why dont you prove it not just talk B.S .......... :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Vizal said:

While I have great faith in most all members at being able to discern which posts have useful information, i.e., pick out the crap posted by those who think they know it all, I just can't pass on contributing my .02 here: theWB happens to make his living by selling both the wheel brands mentioned in this thread. In addition, he has owned an NSX, which provides NSX owners a valuable resource in determining a good purchase to meet their needs. If you have some verifiable data you wish to share, which is not something derived from drinking a glass of purple Kool-Aid offered up by some magazine, or consumed as fact by hearsay, then by all means - spell it out. And if you are some kind of wheel czar that we don't know about, by all means, share your credentials. Maybe you can even take theWB's business from him and make a good living from it.

Not trying to hijack this thread but what are some thoughts about Iforged Wheels? Quality, craftmanship, reliability and durability?

I vote for Volk.

Reason? it is about 1/2 the price of HRE. and There is way more styles to choose from.

Not that HRE are bad but for me I like the Racing heritage behind Rays wheels. Most of the OEM tuner in Japan (Mazdaspeed TRD & Nismo) commission Rays wheels to do their signature wheels. Also Rays wheels have very advance casting and forging technology.

For my budget and preferrence I choose Volk. Honestly I cant afford HRE. Actually for that money I would look into Kenesis and Fikse before HRE. Sorry...

Back