Which Sensor for P0141 Error

Can anyone confirm the part number?

I have a 98 NSX T 3.2 and my car is throwing a P0141 code...

I want to make sure that I am ordering the right replacement part can anyone chime in please?

i had that code and replaced both sensors on that bank,and was glad i did bc it turned out that the second one had failed right after the first.
p/n's were:

36531 and 36532-PR7-JO2,the first # being the front sensor.

hth,robbie

Can anyone confirm the part number?

I have a 98 NSX T 3.2 and my car is throwing a P0141 code...

I want to make sure that I am ordering the right replacement part can anyone chime in please?

NTK 24061 $50:)

Regards,
LarryB

are they as good as oem denso,those cost about $240?

I have replaced too many to count, no issues. The only real difference is that the wires do not have the small rubber grommets for holding them to the brackets. Most times I either cut the wires and splice it to the original wire with the grommets, or small tie wraps will hold them down;).

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
"We're sorry, this part number does not exist in our database."

Just search for 24061, leave off the NTK.

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="700"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#CED5DC"><td class="smallplain" height="30">OE identical O2 sensor </td> <td class="smallplain" align="center">24061 </td> <td class="smallplain" align="center">24061 </td> <td class="smallplain" align="center">After Catalyst</td> <td class="smallplain" align="center">Rear</td> <td class="smallplain">
</td> <td class="smallplain" align="right"> $49.85</td></tr></tbody></table>

^^^ thanks for that

I guess i need more clarification though- how can i understand which is Bank 1 and which is bank 2

then how do i know what sensor 1 and 2 are

I assume (we all know what that means) that Bank 1 is the 3 cylinders toward the front of the car by the wall and bank 2 is for the 3 cylinders coming off the back side of the motor....

Then I also assume that sensor 1 is pre cat and sensor 2 is post cat

So another question---
if 24061 is for post cat (based on my above description) then what is the part number for precat if I want to change them both out for fear of a problem in the future.

thanks in advance

Sensor 1 = BEFORE CAT
Sensor 2 = AFTER CAT (1995+ only)

Bank 1 = REAR BANK, Cylinder 1,2,3
Bank 2 = FRONT BANK, Cylinder 4,5,6

Regards,
LarryB

Sensor 1 = BEFORE CAT
Sensor 2 = AFTER CAT (1995+ only)

Bank 1 = REAR BANK, Cylinder 1,2,3
Bank 2 = FRONT BANK, Cylinder 4,5,6

Regards,
LarryB

Hi Larry,

I have the part already...

But just to be sure I cleared the code and see if it will pop up again...

Its been a few days and nothing has came back up...

Should I still change it? or should I wait until the CEL comes on again?

Thanks in advanced...

Hi Larry,

I have the part already...

But just to be sure I cleared the code and see if it will pop up again...

Its been a few days and nothing has came back up...

Should I still change it? or should I wait until the CEL comes on again?

Thanks in advanced...

Jeff an 0141 is a heater failed code. Just like a burnt out lightbulb. Typically they do not "repair" themselves:). So I would inspect the connectors for that 02 sensor, sounds like you may actually have a loose connector/bent pin/etc.

I have never had a heater failure repair itself.

My $.02

Regards,
LarryB

Jeff an 0141 is a heater failed code. Just like a burnt out lightbulb. Typically they do not "repair" themselves:). So I would inspect the connectors for that 02 sensor, sounds like you may actually have a loose connector/bent pin/etc.

I have never had a heater failure repair itself.

My $.02

Regards,
LarryB

Hi Larry,

I know I have been lagging but I finally went to my mechanic today to swap this out...

I have the part that you recommended the NTK 24061

However I was in a hurry and my mechanic seem to be a little lost he is great for all fluid changes but on this 02 sensor heater replacement he was a bit lost...

I told him it should be bank 1 and after cat but the one he took out was a male connector and the new part is a female connector.

I have a hunch that he took out the wrong one because the wire were diff length and the obvious difference in connectors.

I definitely believe the part I have is right on...

In my mechanics defense the car was still hot and he was trying to get this done for me cuz I was in a hurry...

Can you advise which sensor he has to pull out? I saw one closer to the cabin and one toward the rear of the car...

I ended up not changing a thing but I reset the CEL again with the Scanner and the CEL didnt come back...

However I realized that my idle is low/rough if I rev it a little it will dip down past 500 rpm...

But regular driving there are no hickups at all...

Any feedback is appreciated and thanks in advanced...

Attachments

• NTK24061.jpg
    NTK24061.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Sounds like he took out bank 2 sensor 2 or the front one;).

He should have taken the 02 sensor out of the cat that is positioned accross to the back in line with the exhaust.

#18 in this pic is the right one, B1-S2. #17 is the front B2-S2 is incorrect:

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org...omp=List All&vinnoT=&trim=&trans=&view=normal

Regards,
LarryB

Hi Larry,

I just wanted to thank you again... Finally got this problem fixed last weekend...

Really appreciate you taking your time to respond on this...

Jeff

Back