• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which steering wheel do you prefer, the Sparco Ring or Momo Tuner?

The Tuner that I just bought on Ebay was refunded as the seller states they are on backorder. I was wondering which wheel you prefer and why? I have narrowed it down to either the Sparco 330mm Ring or the Momo 320mm Tuner. Here is a pic of the Ring. It is a "D" style wheel:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Sparco_Ring/

I have the Momo Tuner on my X, i like it looks very similar to NSXR steering wheel.....but i wish the wheel is little thicker. I have a Spoon steering wheel on my Civic and it feels better due the the steering wheel is little thicker.

Keno

I have had several wheels in my '94... sparco ring (suede), oem nsx-r, sparco xtreme, and now OMP - of them all, I liked the feel of the oem nsx-r wheel the best, but when I switched to aftermarket seats (high bolster), it was too difficult to get into the car, with the steering wheel, and even once in, because its a full size wheel (350mm), it hit the tops of my legs.

If you have OEM seats, this would not be an issue, and this would be the best choice (oem nsx-r). The last two wheels I have used were with this seat requirement in mind, so the first wheel was a flat 310x240mm wheel, which I found too small. The current wheel, a 340mm no dish wheel from OMP, I feel is fantastic, perfect size, a slight oval, and excellent grip, but perhaps inferior quality to the momo-produced oem nsx-r.

Another option, if you're looking for full size steering wheels, one that I am considering for my daily driver nsx, is the veilside steering wheel:

veilside1zc3.jpg

veilside2yv5.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. I am now leaning toward the Sparco Ring. What do you guys think about the "D" cut style? Here's a better pic of the Sparco Ring: http://www.sparcousa.com/psteering_street.asp?id=293

I didn't care for the Ring, I preferred the OEM NSX-R considerably, both from a feel, and aesthetic, point of view. The tuner is close to the NSX-R, or you can try to locate the OEM part.

Back