• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which sway bars to use

I'm debating on which sway bar(s) to install on my 2000 NSX. It will remain mostly factory, with the original rims and ride height. I am running Hankook Ventus R-S3 tires to enhance the cornering. What I'd like to do is reduce the crazy amount of body roll this thing has. I have some great twisty roads out here and having owned a few Vipers, this car has too much body roll for my taste.

I see some folks install the NSX-R front bar and keep the factory rear bar. I also see the Comptech adjustable front/rear set. I doubt I'll take this to a track event more than once annually. I dont want to upset the cars balance (i.e. create a 'snow plow' king), nor do I want to introduce crazy snap oversteer either. Any suggestions?

You can do a dali street bar up front its got a thickness of .875 and keep the rear factory bar- Its a pretty decent set up with stock suspension. The 'snappyness' of the rear mostly comes from the rear beam rubber bushing which retain energy under sustained cornering then suddenly releases it causing the toe to change and 'snap'. You can change the rear bushings in the beam to monoball ones and create a much more controllable tail. A bonus to the rear bushings too is you can run less static toe out back and save some tire life.

Your scale and my scale of body roll are probably much different, just changing the bar will help a bit (and maybe will gt it to where you like it) but once you add stickier tires the stock springs tend to be the biggest offenders on body roll. Theres some OEM NSX-R dampeners for sale on the classifieds. That will certainly fix the roll, but dont let the 'oem' fool you into thinking they are not super stiff.

Last edited:
The .875 bar sounds like the way to go. I'll check out those dampeners too. Thanks for the advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the dampeners just sold today. Go figure. Maybe down the road a set of KW's will do the trick? A bit pricey though.

The type R makes a huge difference over OEM and it keeps OEM fit and finish and is cheap. Honestly from what you're describing I would just try that and I think you'll be happy. A thick bar does affect ride quality as it changes the wheel rate. The only time a sway bar has no effect on ride is when both wheels go over the exact same bump at the same exact time.

Having said all this, I'm selling my Type R bar very soon because I do track and with R comp tires the type R is no longer enough. PM me if you want it.

- - - Updated - - -

And before you order anything from Dali... Since you are new. Do a search under Dali.

Back