• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which wax?

BAT what color is your NSX?

DSC_6930.JPG

nsxbraking1.JPG

nsxaccelerating2.JPG

nsxtowhelicopter3.JPG

My last order:
IMG_1759.jpg

+1 on ZAINO!! It is easy once you do the initial "7 step process".

BTW, I tried Meguiar's NXT and thought that it was utter dog do-do! Zanio or high end carnuba is the best choice.

Last edited:
+1 on ZAINO!! It is easy once you do the initial "7 step process".

BTW, I tried Meguiar's NXT and thought that it was upper dog do-do! Zanio or high end carnuba is the best choice.

Megiar's NXT is good until the first wash. Then it comes right off.

You have a Satin Black car...why are the detailing supplies :confused::biggrin::confused:

Haha, to be honest, this was before the paint job. These things have been sitting in my closet for months now. I don't know what the shelf life is for these products but I'll probably end up throwing them away.

Having said that, you still need to wax a satin finish for paint protection. I still Zaino it like I used to. :smile:

Haha, to be honest, this was before the paint job. These things have been sitting in my closet for months now. I don't know what the shelf life is for these products but I'll probably end up throwing them away.
If you want, you can throw some my way. Give me a PM!:tongue:

The OP was requesting a one step product and you guys are recommending Zaino? I used to be a Zaino user but shine leaves a LOT to be desired and it's a multi-step process that's involved and time consuming.

The best product I can recommend if you're lazy would be Finish Kare 1000P. You would get much better results and it would be easier on you in the long run if you at least clayed your car.

My showcar gets CG Jetseal and 5050 wax. It shines as good as any car at SEMA. I wash with Optimum No Rinse most of the time. Once you get your car started right, keeping it clean and waxed is so easy...

But Finish Kare 1000P I think is your best bet, pricewise it's very good and the shine is almost as good as anything out there...

My showcar gets CG Jetseal and 5050 wax. It shines as good as any car at SEMA.

+++1 I use the same combo on my Berlina Black NSX and it looks incredible. The 5050 gives a deep, wet look without too much shinyness. I maintain between waxes with Meg's quick detailer. Really easy.

The OP was requesting a one step product and you guys are recommending Zaino? I used to be a Zaino user but shine leaves a LOT to be desired and it's a multi-step process that's involved and time consuming.......

Zaino "might" be a multi-step process on the first go around, but I just use the Z2 and may use the grand-finale spray for touch up area or to eliminate static electricity (which attracts dust more easily) afterwards.

Zaino does have an all-in-one, known as the ZAIO.

+1 on Zaino. The initial steps can be as simple as washing the car with Dawn (not an extra step really since you're washing the car anyway) and applying Z2 or Z5 with ZFX.

In addition to the shine, the other thing I appreciate about Zaino vs. wax is you don't have be concerned about getting it on black trim & rubber - it leaves none of the whitish residue of wax. Not sure which other products offer this benefit, but for me, not needing to be super careful about getting Zaino on trim is a huge time saver.

I used the Zaino AIO on my first NSX and was very unhappy with it! Very little protection from contaminents such as tree sap. I had just waxed the car with Zaino AIO and a few days later got some minor tree sap on it. It would not come off. I now use Finish First on my new NSX as well as all my cars. Nothing works better in the elements of Phoenix! I have tried everything...Zaino 3 step process, Klasse, Zaino AIO and nothing seems to last as long or protect as well as FinishFirst. I even use it on my patio furniture, stainless steel BBQ and powdercoated pool fence. They all look like new even though they are in the 120 degree sun! I love the stuff!

Last edited:
Do any of you use Griot's products? I have found their Quick Shine and Best in Show wax is great. They make all kinds of stuff to detail with. All the products are top notch. I don't use anything else now.

My showcar gets CG Jetseal and 5050 wax. It shines as good as any car at SEMA. I wash with Optimum No Rinse most of the time. Once you get your car started right, keeping it clean and waxed is so easy...

Thanks malibu, this set me down a different search path and I ordered myself the Optimum No Rinse wash as well as the CG JetSeal + 50/50 combo. The No rinse will allow me not to feel guilty washing the cars in the apt complex.

Since I already have a stash of the Klasse twins, I was wondering how they compared and a search showed up this amazingly awesome guy who managed to study the efficacy of 57 sealants/waxes (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=85205&page=0). Folks seem to not agree with the effectiveness determinant/predicate (beading performance over time) that was used, but it is something and it was nice to see Klasse as well as the Jetseal last the longest.

This makes me wonder though, how do you guys decide when to reseal your cars ?

When you do decide to reseal, do you strip all the protection first (paint cleanser or ?) and then clay + seal + wax ? or is it just wash and then reseal + wax ?

Thanks malibu, this set me down a different search path and I ordered myself the Optimum No Rinse wash as well as the CG JetSeal + 50/50 combo. The No rinse will allow me not to feel guilty washing the cars in the apt complex.

This makes me wonder though, how do you guys decide when to reseal your cars ?

When you do decide to reseal, do you strip all the protection first (paint cleanser or ?) and then clay + seal + wax ? or is it just wash and then reseal + wax ?

There is some sealant, it's brown and also used in aviation and I think it has more durability than Jetseal but forgot what it's called. But Jetseal is such a great product and CG is nearby so I can run out and just grab stuff whenever I have time.

When I want to start over, I have a wax remover I use. But I've only done that once and found that just a clay, good wash and reseal every 6 months or so is just as good.

If you have ONR, some good rags and have clayed your car in the past year, it's usually a painless event to clay again and you won't pick up much especially if you wash often. I recommend a grout sponge for the initial ONR wipe if you might have some grit that you're worried about, the grout sponge will prevent micro scratches. I'm really happy with the ONR product as it really allows you to clean your car better than you normally would because of the methodology. One section at a time and you dry it and you can catch whatever you might have missed. It's real nice to be able to wash your car in the garage!

Last edited:
Finish First - period. Easy on and off, long lasting, no white residue, no spotting on plastics, high gloss shine, reasonably priced ($25 a can does about 10 cars).
Happy Motoring!

Interesting that you use finish first. Not a very well known product. Small company but great quality from what I was told. I put in an order 2 weeks ago and will be detailing the car this weekend.

I used the Zaino AIO on my first NSX and was very unhappy with it! Very little protection from contaminents such as tree sap. I had just waxed the car with Zaino AIO and a few days later got some minor tree sap on it. It would not come off. I now use Finish First on my new NSX as well as all my cars. Nothing works better in the elements of Phoenix! I have tried everything...Zaino 3 step process, Klasse, Zaino AIO and nothing seems to last as long or protect as well as FinishFirst. I even use it on my patio furniture, stainless steel BBQ and powdercoated pool fence. They all look like new even though they are in the 120 degree sun! I love the stuff!

Ditto! I have tried them all....and always come back to Finish First!

Finish First - period. Easy on and off, long lasting, no white residue, no spotting on plastics, high gloss shine, reasonably priced ($25 a can does about 10 cars).
Happy Motoring!

Back