• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which wheel should I go for?

Which Wheel for my 1991 Belina Black

• Total voters
I have a Berlina Black 1991 NSX

Volk CE28n Hi Pad
Color: Mercury Silver or Titanium Silver or Gold (still cannot decide)
Front: 17x8.0 +38mm offset
Rear: 18x9.5 +40mm offset or +34mm offset (not sure here)

Tire Size
Front: 215/40 R17
Rear: 265/35 R18

These CE28n will need to clear the Stoptech calipers Front & Rear in the future, so correct me if Im wrong! I dont want to get the wrong size/offset

I am also considering Gold BBS LM and Work Meister S1 3-Piece, but they dont fit with Stoptechs front and rear.

I picked the Works but if $ isn't an issue, I would get these.

01_01[1].jpg

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Prodrive/models/GC-05K/

work s1 was my vote

DSC03641.jpg

P4190029.JPG

My personal favs on a black NSX are Volk CE28n Gold or BBS LM Gold

I just picked up the bronze LMs in the B/S/T thread for my black/black 92. The only wheel I would prefer over the LMs are the S1s. They are my favorite for pre 02 cars. I'm going to mount the hub on the inside of the wheel to make the wheels poke more to get the look/fitment I want. If you go with the S1s make sure you get the right disk there is a thread that says what ones to get. It's very important with those wheels to get the proper disk / offset.

This might help your decision. Just ask yourself this, has any ever gotten a set of Volk CE28N's and said immediately after "Damn these look horrible, what a complete waste of money."

This might help your decision. Just ask yourself this, has any ever gotten a set of Volk CE28N's and said immediately after "Damn these look horrible, what a complete waste of money."

I think that could be said about any of those choices listed above. I recommend buying what you like. Not what everyone says you should get.

This is Mercury Silver or Formula Silver or else?

Those were Mercury Silver. I don't recommend Titanium Silver because they are even brighter, and have a whiter look to them. Formula Silver is the way to go. :)

I think that could be said about any of those choices listed above. I recommend buying what you like. Not what everyone says you should get.

Well All the choices above is already short listed... now its just down to the color choice... I think Im leaning towards CE28n or Work S1...

In between CE28n I still cannot decide which color to go with :confused:

Work S1 I love them in Gold with polished lip. But no one is sure about Work S1 clearing the Stoptechs with R disk... and not sure how R disk looks either...:frown:

Well All the choices above is already short listed... now its just down to the color choice... I think Im leaning towards CE28n or Work S1...

In between CE28n I still cannot decide which color to go with :confused:

Work S1 I love them in Gold with polished lip. But no one is sure about Work S1 clearing the Stoptechs with R disk... and not sure how R disk looks either...:frown:

You have a black car, either the silver or gold will look great on your car. Personally I'd go gold or bronze and never look back.

I must be a minority here but I absolutely HATE those work wheels.

I only voted for the CE28 because I like mercury silver.

None are base choices, the difference between +40 and +34 is not much.

After years of technical analysis and research I have come up with a rather complex wheel selection chart.
I'll share it with you;

Lighter = Better
Stronger = Better.

Apply this formula to the above choices we get Volk 28's
But 30's = better :tongue:

IMG_0128.jpg
Cell phone picture:redface:This is before I mount the disks on the inside of the lip.

After years of technical analysis and research I have come up with a rather complex wheel selection chart.
I'll share it with you;

Lighter = Better
Stronger = Better.

Apply this formula to the above choices we get Volk 28's
But 30's = better :tongue:

I too have come up with a similar formula.. however I've added this to it:

Lighter = Better
Stronger = Better
Less expensive = Better.

At the end I went with Volk CE28n Mecury Silver.

Decision was based on wanting a cleaner look to the car without compromising handling and performance, as well as timeless style.

Last edited:
Back