• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

who designed the nsx?

Honda corporation.

i did (this is not well known)
i was in a bar in japan around 1987,sketching pics of my dream car on a napkin.a man who later id'd himself as mr. honda came over to look at them, said he liked them, and he'd thought about building a car like that.i told him i wished he would,so i could buy one 20 years later,spend lots of time obsessing over it and keeping it detailed,occasionally drive it,and join a message board so i could talk about it with helpful like-minded enthusiasts.

the rest is history,and the story can finally be told.

i did (this is not well known)
i was in a bar in japan around 1987,sketching pics of my dream car on a napkin.a man who later id'd himself as mr. honda came over to look at them, said he liked them, and he'd thought about building a car like that.i told him i wished he would,so i could buy one 20 years later,spend lots of time obsessing over it and keeping it detailed,occasionally drive it,and join a message board so i could talk about it with helpful like-minded enthusiasts.

the rest is history,and the story can finally be told.

Funny, twenty minutes before this event, I was talking to a bartender about this very same car. I didn't realize the guy next to me was listening in on my conversation.

Mr. Miyagi....DUH (wax on...wax off) even told us how to keep it clean! :biggrin:

Funny, twenty minutes before this event, I was talking to a bartender about this very same car. I didn't realize the guy next to me was listening in on my conversation.

vegas,man,i'm sorry,i didn't mean to steal your stuff...

Nissan did. (in the early 80's)

Attachments

• nissan.jpg
    nissan.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 314

Since you bring that up: Pininfarina was hired to do the body design in 1984.

From Wiki: in 1984 commissioned the Italian car designer Pininfarina to design the HP-X (Honda Pininfarina Xperimental),[1] which had a mid-mounted 2.0 L V6 configuration.

After Honda decided to actively pursue the project, its management briefed to its engineers that its car would have to be as good as anything coming from Italy and Germany[2], the HP-X concept car evolved into the NS-X (New Sportscar eXperimental) prototype.

Since you bring that up: Pininfarina was hired to do the body design in 1984.

From Wiki: in 1984 commissioned the Italian car designer Pininfarina to design the HP-X (Honda Pininfarina Xperimental),[1] which had a mid-mounted 2.0 L V6 configuration.

After Honda decided to actively pursue the project, its management briefed to its engineers that its car would have to be as good as anything coming from Italy and Germany[2], the HP-X concept car evolved into the NS-X (New Sportscar eXperimental) prototype.

This I beleive was the HP-X. Obviously it does not look as close to the final shape as did the MID-4. PF did not have much to do with the eventual NSX. Not trying to demean NSX value; I have been an owner since 1994.

Attachments

• hpx.jpg
    hpx.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 213

No way, it was Ferrari.

408 Integrale

1.jpg

Back