• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who do you trust for tire mounting

I saw an AAA nearby which was a recommended installer for tire rack and had pretty good prices. However, not sure about them as an installer since they don't have any reviews. Who do you guys usually go to for performance tire mounting? I know some places cannot do alignment due to the fact that the NSX is so low.

Pricing
<sbold style="outline: none; font-family: gibsonsemibold;">Mounting & Balancing (per tire) by Sidewall Aspect Ratio</sbold>
  1. 60 Series and higher
    $12.00
  2. 50-55 Series
    $12.00
  3. 40-45 Series
    $15.00
  4. 35 Series and lower
    $19.00

<sbold style="outline: none; font-family: gibsonsemibold;">Additional Services (per tire)</sbold>
  1. Rubber Valve Stems
    $2.00
  2. Disposal Fee
    $2.50
  3. Run-Flat Tires Services
    $15.00
  4. Full-Size SUVs & Trucks
    N/C
  5. TPMS Service
    $6.00
  6. Shop Fee (% of Install Cost)
    8%

<sbold style="outline: none; font-family: gibsonsemibold;">Optional Premium Service Charges (per tire)</sbold>
  1. Upgraded Wheel Weights (Chrome, low-profile)
    N/A
  2. Road Force Balance
    $10.00
  3. Metal Valve Stems
    N/A
  4. Wheel and Tire Storage
    N/A
  5. Lifetime Balance and Rotation
    N/A
  6. Tire & Wheel Package (Pre-Mounted) Installation Price
    $4.99

I use local shop. I used roadforce from firestone few times with good success. Most of this job comes down to not having your wheels scratched etc. With modern balancing hardware whole process and is fool proof. Just pay attention to the amount of weight used. If installer scrapes old gunk off the wheel. As well as initial tire positioning on the rim relative to the valve steam (red, yellow marks on the tire);

You'll want to ask folks in your specific geographic area. So the best place to ask is in the forum for your GEOGRAPHICAL REGION here on NSXprime.

Go to your local "exotic car dealership" (or ask around at your local cars and coffee) and ask who they use.

Last edited:
Back