• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who has had a magazine feature?

One of my main goals is to have my own magazine feature one day and I've seen a couple members in the past that have had one. What did it take to get there? What magazine were you in? How were you able to get a foot in the door? I currently know a photographer who has done numerous features in other magazines and has connections with Honda tuning that can possibly get my car featured. What kind of things do they look for? Thanks in advance!

-Ky

I was in play girl once. I was the center fold if that counts. I got the job because I have a huge package. They made me do a spread eagle on the hood of my car totally naked.

Last edited:
" I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my butt cheeks as Mike Honcho."

Guys, this is no laughing matter. I saw Mike Honcho's spread and now I'm blind in my left eye and walk with a gimp. God knows what will happen if any more NSX owners spread.

It takes a lot of rare JDM parts x money + time...

Oh my god you know of my work? Im Mike Honcho. Ricky Bobby and I used to race together all naked and stuff.

Last edited:
Hey sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go the extra mile. If it takes moding the living crap out of your car or getting butt naked so be it. I went the cheaper way and lost my dignity lol.

Import Magazines have somewhat evolved who they feature and it's always changing. Some I'm noticing are focusing on the more "trendy" cars you see online, but are not "complete builds" like the old days of feature cars. Other mags look at performance first, but aesthetics is very important too. It's safe to say that if you have to have a pretty nice car and stand out somehow, you have a good chance to get it into a magazine. Having an NSX is especially an advantage because it's still a very popular and sought after car. Funny story, I was talking to an editor friend of mine @ a very popular import mag. I pitched one car to him and he said that although it was a very well built car, they limit that platform to about 1-2 features per year since it's not very popular. Since you mention Honda Tuning, I can tell you that all you need to do is to send some pics and mod list to your photographer friend who shoots for them. Honda Tuning is one of the mags I shoot for and if I see a car I like, I will simply send the editor pics and a mod list to see if he's interested. If he like the car, I'll then schedule a shoot.

So bottomline, have your photog reach out to the editor and it will be either a yes or no.

Hey sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go the extra mile. If it takes moding the living crap out of your car or getting butt naked so be it. I went the cheaper way and lost my dignity lol.

Dignity is by far the easiest thing to lose to get ahead.

... Well, gotta go spread my butt cheeks on the hood of a t-top Camaro for the next loaf of bread.

Import Magazines have somewhat evolved who they feature and it's always changing. Some I'm noticing are focusing on the more "trendy" cars you see online, but are not "complete builds" like the old days of feature cars. Other mags look at performance first, but aesthetics is very important too. It's safe to say that if you have to have a pretty nice car and stand out somehow, you have a good chance to get it into a magazine. Having an NSX is especially an advantage because it's still a very popular and sought after car. Funny story, I was talking to an editor friend of mine @ a very popular import mag. I pitched one car to him and he said that although it was a very well built car, they limit that platform to about 1-2 features per year since it's not very popular. Since you mention Honda Tuning, I can tell you that all you need to do is to send some pics and mod list to your photographer friend who shoots for them. Honda Tuning is one of the mags I shoot for and if I see a car I like, I will simply send the editor pics and a mod list to see if he's interested. If he like the car, I'll then schedule a shoot.

So bottomline, have your photog reach out to the editor and it will be either a yes or no.

Thank you for the serious reply. I wouldn't be surprised if your car has had past features :)

Back