• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who has replaced windo regulator

My regulator is slow, and i want to get it rebuilt. I know where to get it rebuilt, but I want to know all options. I have removed all the hardened grease in the past and re greased both windows. Passenger is still pretty slow. My question is

1. Do I just try to remove the motor or the entire regulator?

2. i cant find a write up on the removal

3. The window does not leak air like my driver side. Is there a possibility of me un-aligning my window?

I am pretty good working on my car. i just want to know if it is worth it, or should i wait till it stops moving all together.

I have spoke to Larry B.and Drew. Im just a little weary of unaligning my window and having wind noise coming in.

Thanks in advance

Hi,
When the motor gets old, it tends to lose its power. So when the window is going up and it feels resistance it will prematurely stop thinking it's already up all the way. It is unlikely your window has misaligned because all the screws are tightened in a way that it should not come loose.

You will need to remove the entire regulator (DO NOT REMOVE THE MOTOR ITSELF!!!). If you remove the motor a few bushings and springs and wire coil will pop out and you will not be able to put them back again, unless you are a real pro.

If you have an older regulator then you might as well install a Dali window fix it thingy as well. I've seen 2 regulators fail on newer NSXs 1997, 2001 where the end ball broke off from the wire because something got stuck and the motor pull on it too hard and snapped it.

The regulator is pretty easy to remove. All you need is the 10mm sockets, you need to roll your window down 1/2 way so you can detach the 10mm bolt that is holding the windows onto the regulator.

Good luck

Do just as he stated. Don’t mess with the alignment stuff; I freaked out when I saw that door latch and window measurement/alignment stuff too, but you need not worry about it unless you’ve had problems there or you are installing a new window. The access area NSXPOWERED is referring to is that large hole behind the speaker closest to the rear of the door. You can remove the regulator, cables, and attached slide track all at once. You'll need something to support the glass in place while you complete the task. I used a couple of bungee cord things with the plastic hooks on the end (or a friend willing to hold the glass in place for you or get fresh beers for you). Assuming that you have the door panel, speaker box, and power connection removed, and you have the window half way up to allow access to the bolts attaching the window (Glass) to the regulator assembly; mark the track bolts that you are going to remove (window regulator track only-4 bolts- 2 on the top and the 2 near the bottom), this is just to make sure that your replacement alignment is good when you replace the regulator assembly (a slippage mark if you will). Remove the motor attachment bolts and the cable support thing just above it and carefully rotate the assembly out of the hole. Installation is just the opposite; I only snuggled up the bolts attaching the window (Glass) to the regulator assembly just enough to allow slit movement and then I did a test run just to make sure that there were no issues. Once I was sure there were no issues with the windows operation (none noted) I secured the attachment bolts and have had no problems in the last 10 months since I replaced both units. Take your time, this is actually an easy task and you’ll feel great when you’re finished! If anyone sees anything I failed to mention; please feel free to throw in corrections as I’m typing this solely from memory.

I forgot to mention that it's probably not worth the effort to fix the regulator assembly as my regulators made it to the 15 year mark. It's a painful $400.00 per regulator but worth it!!!!!!!!!!! Shop around I got a the right side for $375.00 and the left side for $403.00

Last edited:
Back