• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who has the most power from a CTSC kit?

My SOS S/C (no aftercooler) on FIC was tuned about 5 years ago with a reading of 360whp/245tq on a Dynojet. I was not there for the tuning so I'm not aware of all the conditions (fuel type). It seems like a low # but it was done conservatively (which I'm OK with -- I'm not mechanically inclined). Car has adjusted well and runs smoothly and is on a stock clutch (which I prefer).

I am assuming a lot of power is left on the table? I wouldn't mind squeezing more out of it but I don't want to compromise reliability. Thoughts?

My SOS S/C (no aftercooler) on FIC was tuned about 5 years ago with a reading of 360whp/245tq on a Dynojet. I was not there for the tuning so I'm not aware of all the conditions (fuel type). It seems like a low # but it was done conservatively (which I'm OK with -- I'm not mechanically inclined). Car has adjusted well and runs smoothly and is on a stock clutch (which I prefer).

I am assuming a lot of power is left on the table? I wouldn't mind squeezing more out of it but I don't want to compromise reliability. Thoughts?
A couple of things...

1. Yes, your tuner left some on the table. Probably 35whp or so. This is assuming you're running the stock SOS SC pulley.

2. There are a few ways to reduce power to a "safe" level. You can lower the boost or retard timing. You want to be careful with too much timing retard (or too rich in fuel) which can cause very high EGTs. My concern is this is what your tuner did...

There is a dumb'ed down safe tune and there is an optimal safe tune. You want the later. You want a healthy tune your motor likes with the optimum combustion based on fuel quality, boost pressure, etc... you don't want it to be down on power because it's running too rich or has too far retarded timing.

$0.02

BTW... are you sure you have the SOS SC 2.1L and not the Autorotor CTSC 1.7L which SOS use to sell also? Your #'s are almost exactly what my Autorotor CTSC numbers are. If so, that's a healthy number.

BTW... are you sure you have the SOS SC 2.1L and not the Autorotor CTSC 1.7L which SOS use to sell also? Your #'s are almost exactly what my Autorotor CTSC numbers are. If so, that's a healthy number.

Yes it’s the SOS SC. It was purchased from SOS and installed 5 years ago. That is the only time it was dyno’d as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back