• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who has to stop driving their NSX for the winter?

Funny how different times of the year we get to enjoy our Nsx the most. Living in Florida now is the best time of the year to enjoy my car and take the targa top off. Finally we have weather in the 60-70's. I see a lot of people posting how they are taking their last drives of the year :redface: For me the the summer is the worst time which seems to last long. It's way too hot to remove my targa top and being supercharged my air intake temps are really high. The cool weather is short down here but im enjoying it now and my SC is loving the weather. I'm lucky to be able to drive my car all year. I spent half of my life in the cold in NY and I can say the only time I miss it is now around Christmas. Hard to get in the spirit wearing shorts and a T-shirt :tongue:

Both our S2000 and NSX only see the road 6 months of the year. Neither has ever been driven from Nov to April. My NSX is originally from Chicago and the S2000 is from here. We are the second owner of both cars. Spring is like new car time for my wife and I. Both cars are completely detailed in the fall before the covers go on them for six months. There is a new car waiting under the cover come spring.
In the winter, a couple of 4 wheel drive vehicles do the job and we have fun in the snow.

Last edited:
I feel for you folks up north....sorry I will take mine out for a spin tonite, 50F and clear.

Mine is in storage :(

It makes it more enjoyable when I get to unwrap it in the spring time...

I agree as much as it would be nice to drive my car all year round, I think it makes a person appreciate the spring time more when the car comes out of storage. Plus the winter months gives me time to save money up because I am not pumping premium fuel and paying insurance rates all year.

I drive mine all year in Indiana. The only thing that stops me is when I get a crazy idea and disassemble my car for some insane reason. Other than that, I don't care about weather or mileage. If I died tomorrow, I would want to know that my last drive on this Earth was in my beloved NSX.

I drive mine E-VE-RY DAY!!!:biggrin:

And i drive it real slow when its not shining :rolleyes:. Doesnt stick like my previous STI:cool: (took less than an hour to notice that), but the NSX is a joy to ride:wink:. Going in the garage though if i see a millimeter of snow:mad:

This is one of the worst things in my life. Thanks for the reminder....

I have covers on the sports cars and they will not see the street until the salt is gone. I do like having 4 distinct seasons so having to put the cars away for 3-4 months is not so bad as far a trade offs go. I did just pick up my first stick car in 10 years that I do not feel guilty about driving during the winter. The shifting is what I miss the most during winter as even if I did take a sports car out I could not go WOT in 30 degree weather.

I view winter as prime wrenching time where I can get to all the maintenance and upgrade projects I have on my list. I don't feel guilty during the winter having a car on jack stands as it isn't being driven anyway.

This will be my first winter with an NSX but I plan to continue driving it at as long as there is no snow on the ground. So far I've avoided driving it if I know it will rain, but the car has been through the rain multiple times before so it's not like I'm preserving it or anything. I have an NSX ~ I'm going to enjoy the NSX.

I took mine out the other day for the first time in a while. I had it up in Ohio for a little bit this summer and in NC for the winter. I actually enjoy driving it down here in the winter more than the summer!

I don't drive my NSX is snow, but short of that, the cold isn't going to hurt anything. Drive on...

Mine's in storage, but it makes for an exciting spring and summer every year...

Bought the NSX this past Saturday. Got to drive it Sunday. Shop on Monday and half of Tuesday with what turned out to be squeaky shock top mounts. Snowed enough yesterday that they sanded the roads. Car is probably down until late March early April now. Alas, at least the garage is heated and I can start some of the projects I wanted to do to it. Really was hoping to get to drive it a little bit more though...........

Gawd .. I hate this whining every year at this time. What the hell do you think they make snow tires for? The car's body is aluminum and virtually impervious to winter and salt. I have put over 25k winter miles on my '91 in the great Canadian north so I have first hand experience that the car is extremely capable of being driven in winter. Now, if you treat your NSX as a garage queen, then that's a choice, but it has nothing to do with the car's abilities.

Back