• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who is from Portland OR / Vancouver WA area?

Just trying to see who is from the Portland OR / Vancouver WA area.

Went up to Seattle over the weekend to meet NSX owners and it was a blast so wondering if there is a group in our area.

Seattle,,,,wow you really like guns...I like my good ol Kimber 1911..almost 100 year old design and still groups as well as my 357 sig.

I've been pondering if I should get a AR-15 or a 1911. I don't know what brand, but I don't have a rifle yet so leaning towards teh AR-15.

Everyone always talks about 1911 style guns, it would be totally unique in my group if I got one.

Choices, choices, choices!!

m3power222 said:
I've been pondering if I should get a AR-15 or a 1911. I don't know what brand, but I don't have a rifle yet so leaning towards teh AR-15.

Everyone always talks about 1911 style guns, it would be totally unique in my group if I got one.

Choices, choices, choices!!

Maybe we could organize an outdoor Seattle/Portland outting this summer for a little target practice. My roll cage could likely pull double duty as a gun rack. :biggrin:

Perhaps a track day/go-karting/target practice weekend.

m3power222 said:
Just trying to see who is from the Portland OR / Vancouver WA area.

Went up to Seattle over the weekend to meet NSX owners and it was a blast so wondering if there is a group in our area.
Did you get your NSX yet? Track Season starts this weekend, heading up to Pacific raceways this Saturday, again for an instructors clinic the 25th, March 24th BMW at PIR.

We can get together if you are still interested in a ride in my car...

Yes I got it back in Nov. Perhaps this weekend I can bum a ride :)

Dave,

Will you be at the HPDE event on the 18th of March @ PIR? What type of event is going on at Pacific Raceways this weekend?

orphanageITR said:
Dave,

Will you be at the HPDE event on the 18th of March @ PIR? What type of event is going on at Pacific Raceways this weekend?
Yes, I will be there. There is a HPDE day with the Seattle BMWCCA. I just found out there is a forcast of ice for Saturday. If you are signed up, make sure to call and make sure they are running. I have decided to not do the drive up...

March 18th, BMWCCA, HPDE, Pacific Raceway
March 24th, BMWACA, HPDE, Portland International Raceway

My plan is to be at both of these events...

I had a chance to run with Proformance advance lapping in Dec. which also happened the track temp. (read it from the other gal's bmw) is well below 25 in the morning... There was a little strip of ice at the water drainage after the turn 4... apparently, never stop us driving it on track.

Be warned: the track will be quite dusty and full of dirt in the first couple session. But then I expect a huge difference between a 26/hi30's and a 17/36... Especially in the early morning... not to mention dealing with morning traffic with blk ice on your R compound tires.. Be careful and have fun guys.

titaniumdave said:
Yes, I will be there. There is a HPDE day with the Seattle BMWCCA. I just found out there is a forcast of ice for Saturday. If you are signed up, make sure to call and make sure they are running. I have decided to not do the drive up...

March 18th, BMWCCA, HPDE, Pacific Raceway
March 24th, BMWACA, HPDE, Portland International Raceway

My plan is to be at both of these events...

Do you need to be BMWCCA member to sign up for the HPDE?

Quick02Taxi said:
Do you need to be BMWCCA member to sign up for the HPDE?
From http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/

We also accept PCA PNWR, BMWACA, and BMW CCBC members.

Must be a member of one of these clubs.

I am a member of the BMWACA in Portland, to have track access, plus good folks in general...

Back