• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who lost their nsx's due to the economy?

I'm just wondering how many people here had to sell their nsx's because the economy kicked their butt? For me I was a contractor getting calls left and right and then one month nothing...Had to go on unemployment for over a year... Finally got back into my field but my NSX is gone and the thought of a car payment is out of the question until I can start to try to catch up.

I sold my Imola NSX (regret it now) mid-08 as it was a lot of money ($65k) to be tied up. After selling it I dumped $30k into the home fund, and bought a cheaper NSX (my current 91).

Best of both worlds. The way I see it being a car whore I'll probably want to own something else in the future so having a cheaper NSX allows me to be in the party yet scope the field out as well....:wink:

Haven't yet, but it may yet happen. I've been able to ride out the economy OK so far, but if things do turn south, sadly the NSX will likely be an early casualty.

With the economy down I figured it was time to buy. So I grab one last month.

With the economy down I figured it was time to buy. So I grab one last month.

I was able to get an E63 AMG last year that was only a couple of years old and it was LESS THAN HALF of what it was new because they could not give luxury cars away around here (and I am sure other places in the country too).

If I ever had to sell my NSX, I am fairly certain I would end up in a downward spiral of depression. I plan to have that car as long as I am still breathing, no matter if I am driving it 25,000 miles per year, or only 1 mile per year. It is like a part of me now.

hmm, there was the guy (don't know if he still posts..) who had his car stolen... though it turned out to be the repo guy! HAHA. i'd assume that counts....

S. Cal is tough, a lot of local NSX owners are no longer around. I used to host NSX meets at my shop and I don't think I'll be able to put one together today.

My biz has dropped as much as 40% on certain months, but I'm still able to hold out and keep my NSX and S2k. Let's see how this year is going to be, but the trend so far is not good. The property value is still dropping, so is my business. I guess this will be the new norm for a long time.

Read an article today about how house prices that were previously protected are now beginning to decline. For example, houses in Seattle, which didn't decline too much were now declining faster than Las Vegas. Scary stuff. Also saw a Gallop pole that unemployment is 10.3% which means it's probably 15 to 20%.

Did you see the budget presented today? We really have problems.

There must be a lot of deals out there.

Not I. Although I did lose my economy due to my NSX. :tongue:

When I see my SOS bill for my used 2005 engine and SOS intercooled supercharger plus transmission rebuild (to type R specs), I feel the same way and think what the hell was/is wrong with me.

However when I have a day like yesterday .... driving 100 miles all over Vegas and the strip (with all the pictures and video cameras doing there thing) plus a couple of 3rd gear WOT blasts (for A/F ratio verification) with a few 60 to 100 in 3.9 secs logs to confirm my new B-Line intake with 9 inch Amsoil nanofiber filter is doing the job. I realized it was worth it especially since now I have no desire or need to get a new "modern" sport car.

Just one thing, SOS please come out with that Mugen show car gauge cluster (somehow) when I do the Revosys car pc and the SOS sound system with the double din, I want a real updated gauge cluster.

Back