• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who makes that beautiful chin spoiler?

Not the RM one. It's a chin that you paint and looks like it's part of the body work.

Does anyone know where I can get it? How much?

Marc

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd
1999 Cosmos BMW M Coupe 5spd

The one on my car is a West Wings chin spoiler. Was on the car when i bought it, so not sure on the price. It is the one in the market section, 92 59K miles in Austin, TX.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Flying Low, Looks like you survived the Canyonball just fine. Are you ready for another one yet?
smile.gif

WingsWest www.wingswest.com 949 722-9995
It retails for $295.00. and they provide pre-painting of the spoiler with Spies Hecker computerrized factory matching paint system and that will run you $125.00. I've seen several of them and seems like the color matches perfectly.

Jay

Yeah, I survived. I need a new bumper so I thought I'd beautify her in process.

Which car was yours?

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd

I have the WW front lip on my NSX too. This masterpiece makes your car looks so low, but not actually that low so you wouldn't scrath it so easily. (hope you know what I'm saying)
I think this is the best mod I've done (well, exterior wise)to my car so far because it makes the car much more aggressive. I bought the lip for 320 CND so..that's around 213 USD. Don't hesitate, get it!

Flying Low, you have good taste! I took a picture of a red NSX with the WW chin at Canyonball (will have that pic on my NSX site by sometime next week...if all goes as planned) 'cuz I really do like the look of it. I might pick one of those up, but not before I destroy my stock chin guard.

Jay has a red NSX with non-stock rims. We first met him at the NSXCA July 4th beach party.

For you WW chin owners, how much clearance do you lose (if any) with the WW chin? I seem to recall someone saying you don't actually lose much at all. And how much punishment can it take before it starts to look bad. I just have a knack for finding places that my car can't clear without some chin scraping.

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 27 July 2000).]

I got my Wings West chin spoiler for 215 shipped and painted for free by my hook ups.

I got mine from Impact Parts. The URL should be www.impactparts.com I believe. One thing I love about the WW chin spoiler and body kit, is it fits over your factory parts, the guy at WW told me you shouldn't have to take anything off of the car to put the chin spoiler or body kit on. Now I just have to get the rest of the kit, minus the wing.

nsxfront.jpg

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 28 July 2000).]

Spoke with the previous owner and he said the spoiler is quite a bit stronger then the factor one. He said it is tough urethane and can take the scraping. A fiberglass one would crack, while this one can just be repainted and looks like new.

Good to know that it's Urethane. That material can take a licking and keep on ticking.

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd

Originally posted by PUREVIL:
I got my Wings West chin spoiler for 215 shipped and painted for free by my hook ups.

I got mine from Impact Parts. The URL should be www.impactparts.com I believe. One thing I love about the WW chin spoiler and body kit, is it fits over your factory parts, the guy at WW told me you shouldn't have to take anything off of the car to put the chin spoiler or body kit on. Now I just have to get the rest of the kit, minus the wing.

nsxfront.jpg

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 28 July 2000).]

To install the WW side skirts you have to remove the factory side skirts.

I have a stock 97+ front spoiler painted red to match my red car of course. It looks pretty good especially when the car is moving. Now my car is lowered with the Eibach springs..and it scrapes like crazy already with anykind of driveway over 15 degrees. How does the wingswest hold up? Email me, I'll post some pictures on my website if you guys are interested.

Brad,

Do you have the side and rear skirts? Because according to the guy at Wings West you don't have to take off any part of the car to put the kit on. If you or someone you know has the full kit did they have to take off the sides to get it on? I was just saying what someone told me. I guess I'll find out here in a few weeks. Brad I'm not saying your wrong I just would like to know how you know that? Because honestly I DON'T know so any info would be nice

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 02 August 2000).]

Originally posted by PUREVIL:
Brad,

Do you have the side and rear skirts? Because according to the guy at Wings West you don't have to take off any part of the car to put the kit on. If you or someone you know has the full kit did they have to take off the sides to get it on? I was just saying what someone told me. I guess I'll find out here in a few weeks. Brad I'm not saying your wrong I just would like to know how you know that? Because honestly I DON'T know so any info would be nice

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 02 August 2000).]
I have the full WW kit and trust me, you will have to remove the side skirts as the WW skirts won't fit over them. As for the rear splitters they just attach with the tape and a couple of screws in the wheel wells. I know that you will like the look when your done.

Thanks for the input about the side skirts. Brad what color is your NSX? Can you post pics of it with the Body kit on it? Thanks everyone for the info, when I get the kit on I'll take some pics and post them.

I'll do the same. Bought the chin spoiler already. Installing next week hopefully.

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd

Hi guys I have the front spoiler and the side skirts Have'nt put the front on waiting to get it painted. I love the way the sideskirts look F355 like. I also changed my side intakes to the same mesh that came with the sideskirts. I think it looks great. Almost like the car was designed that way. Would anyone have a picture of how the rear looks? thanks
Paul M.

Back