• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who winter drives their NC1?

When I saw the press NC1s at the Acura’s prerelease NC1 tour in 2015, they were wearing Pirelli Sottozeros and they were being driven in light snow and cold temps. Anyone doing that in real life? Asking for me...

Not sure if this helps, but I winter drove my GT-R (on Sottozeros) and it was fantastic. The ATTESA-E-TS AWD system was phenomenal in the snow- the car never lost grip even in the worst conditions. I have no doubt the NC1 with SH-AWD would be similar. The only issue I had was ground clearance on unplowed roads (I ended up plowing the road myself with my $10,000 OEM carbon fiber lip LOL). After a storm, once the roads were dry, I would take the car to one of those self-wash stations with the heated pressure washers and wash the wheel wells, engine bay and undercarriage to get all of the sand and mag chloride off the car. It worked great and I never had any cosmetic or corrosion issues. I say drive the car!

Wak1XhvVOwsyrgONEI03my-b1EXa9dpfrhSBZM_t-wmV_B_RB0Acg9B4AlAQgLJrg6-_6-Kivfz-2Un8LljGnhiVoOhU9FOZxWo8e-gr1fif4DuxHj9Ba4lee9nmHd9qtp935XCzmM7vL0nbXyKA-a2jllHrZyGwBygvAN0JAwriqR-3ZQmLuUSh5RehIiWef_L-creRGzjWHBnqDz3jSpvK1NX-xEfepCkzk5Qskw1mIaMnsOswx74JPceQIS70vaL3jFg2HhCCIfQT9r7VCsUixKJmh0kLf4mo46slVVOfTT7ptUvYAAN_D0dk8Is51bizH2noDVLAMK3EDDH_iGIBMzoRFMV-SOQRorCvtHm0bkd5sUQWg4sM34RK1QuUy_dFGb_SZQl0DDDZ8hS7OzAvozhfES7oPkNcRbAtSlxMipbktinUo3ZteuZTHEHHqh-7OJkMtAGXYfkKKrgxkLphaw5xupeFCALL5BSBDebyR1m2aForMYOkSQYrwJJBaQVDnylFnQc9nSRkE81eqgMcMTalJNgLJD3txxABJDLb0svdQOFv4voqJFOWKFqo5b7kQTTeCN55luMKvThhvUs_a8h2GPxZzF29PAITcS-OabTO4qw_SaH262dB-PRvFrrRbpyH8476iBmd7W7UHpwKwDxzRgXLO90TnoJHc1cJw778QVK1WbMvi0wDNIzSIGyIC2Eet3TqI8oG0JQrMHos=w960-h543-no

Sorry for the slow reply, we were away in Vancouver.

I have a second set of wheels with Sotto Zeros and run my car 12 months a year here in Chicago.

I prefer the car with the winter set up.

I don't drive it when the roads are covered with snow or ice.

I pretty much limit use to clear days but cold is no problem.

Thanks B&B. As you can tell, I’m still a bit interested in the NC1...

A big problem with driving in the snow is when snow gets packed and forms icy mounds on the roads - you can't often see them. While living in Colorado I had to daily drive my Audi to/from work and traction was great, but at the end of the winter I took my car in a for routine service and was told I had about $1700 worth of damage to the under side of the car. So, yeah go ahead and drive but expect to pay for it.

Back