• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whoa! My first book is available in the iBookstore!

Holy crap, I've been waiting for this day for a month. Today I got notification that my first eBook has been approved and is available in Apple's iBookstore! :D

To save you the trouble of reading more than necessary, you need to have an iPad to see this book. Sorry, but that's the state of the art in eBooks today. I'm working on an Amazon compatible version, but it's not there yet. Also, it's a paid book, but there's no DRM *and* I will give you a free promotional code to d/l it from iTunes (drop me a PM) and I'll post a link for people who know how to load it. I didn't do this for money, but I did think it was a non-trivial work and worth a few bucks.

Anyway, here's a link that I hope works.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/100-miles-walking-the-keys/id509464071?mt=11

Here's a link to download the book file directly. You'll need to know how to get it from your downloads folder to our iTunes library to your iPad. I can't help you much with that.

http://techquarium.com/innocuous/100 Miles Walking The Keys 1.0.ibooks

As I said earlier, you can also PM me for a promotional code to d/l from iTunes.

So... I am GEEKED! I've been working on this since the start of the year and it's nice to see a plan come together. :D

...later!...

WalkingCover.png

Last edited:
Skip I am sorry I have had no time to collect all my pics I wish i could have made it in time to add to your book.

congrats on your first book buddy.

Skip I am sorry I have had no time to collect all my pics I wish i could have made it in time to add to your book.

congrats on your first book buddy.

Shawn, this is a whole different book. You are not too late to contribute to the NSX freeBook project! The deadline for that is 15 May!

Get 'em on the way dude!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Very nice, I downloaded it to my ipad last night and skimmed through it briefly. My father lives in Marathon, so I have an affinity for the keys and will be interested in your stories off the beaten path.

I was also curious to see the technology in use, I downloaded the iBook publishing software with similar plans of putting together a book or two and various topics and seeing what you have done is encouraging me to give the project a go.

I have apps on apple store but is a book the same proces as a app? You summit then wait for approval?

Yeah, but by all accounts there's a much larger backlog for books. I think they're a little understaffed.

It took about a month from the day I submitted until it appeared in the store and there were 2 issues I had to clear up along the way.

Back