• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wholesale prices dropping quickly now.

The rapid blue with the top interior (3LT) had a sticker of 74995
100K is a lot of FLUFF you don’t need lol
Like when you see an NSX with a 200K msrp
Z51 is definitely not fluff neither are performance seats. That’s 80k as spec’d. And that car will be selling for 60-65k in two years time with 0% financing. Used will be going for 45k. It costs almost the exact same in depreciation as an NSX. I’ve owned 4 vettes. Their resale is easy to see coming. They are great sports car bargains but are not comparable to the NSX unless you make allowances for price.

NSX’s go for 145k extremely well equipped currently. I know I’m in the market for one and that’s custom ordered. I also have a standing deposit on a c8Z whenever that releases.

GATTIMAN: ^^^
Thought I would bump this up. Five months later and you were completely wrong on where the C8 market is.
They are selling USED over MSRP
You were way way off base on this.The fact is also like i pointed out the Z51 is not needed with this current set up. The car is amazing and i've driven or owned pretty much every moniker around.

Last edited:
I have owned 5 to 6 Corvettes in the past. I can recall buying my first new one in 1985. They had come out in 1984 as a 85 model year car. For the first year and half they were selling at MSRP. Within two years of the introduction the 85s were being discounted. There are just too many of them in the marketplace. The C8 is unique in that it is a bonified mid engine car. So naturally they will sell strongly for the first two years. Then you will see the market start to substantially discount them. Why, because GM will flood the market with all sorts of modified versions of the base car. Add to that the convertible. The Corvette is truly a value given that most supercars are significantly more expensive. However, having said that you will find that the common car becomes the less desirable car in short order. They are still mass produced and done so on a budget which shows when you look more closely at the car. Again for the money they are a real steal. In my mind it is like wearing a fake Rolex. You know it is fake and suspect that others may know as well. You will gladly give it up for the real thing if you could afford it.

... The Corvette is truly a value given that most supercars are significantly more expensive. However, having said that you will find that the common car becomes the less desirable car in short order...Again for the money they are a real steal. In my mind it is like wearing a fake Rolex. You know it is fake and suspect that others may know as well. You will gladly give it up for the real thing if you could afford it.

I'd like to know how you came up with the analogy that the Corvette is like a fake Rolex? The Corvette was designed from the ground up to be a mid-engine sports car and to provide a well engineered driving experience. It's not a body kit put onto a inferior chassis. That statement sounds a little snobbish.

I refer to the base $60,000 Corvette. I really don't see it as a supercar, sorry. The upcoming Z06 with a flat plane V8 dual overhead cams, Yes that is a supercar.

I refer to the base $60,000 Corvette. I really don't see it as a supercar, sorry. The upcoming Z06 with a flat plane V8 dual overhead cams, Yes that is a supercar.

That I can understand. I don’t think the car was intended to be a Supercar. But it can’t be a fake because it’s not.

I want to here from the people on this board that are happy they have an NSX and share the enthusiasm what a great car this is.

That would be me. My own personal Disney ride. During my former 40 year car career I got to drive many cars. This is so different, so entertaining.

It feels like you put on a virtual suit that takes you into the sky. I love it.

Last edited:
It feels like you put on a virtual suit that takes you into the sky. I love it.

.Isn't that called a burial suit...:tongue:

Back