• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who's looking for a NSX to race?

Last edited:
Wow, what a coincidence....I was just going to post about this. It seems my brother and dad have snuck a fast one by me. They told me today that they will be down at Road Atlanta testing the car with the owner of DAL this Sunday. It seems like a beast, and I will post whatever footage they give me! Does anyone have any other info about the car or owner? It seems like a clean car and Rob seems to have more knowledge about NSX's than anyone I have talk to ( besides John Vasos). TIA

DALnsx.jpg

All that money in that car and running a fram oil filter? :eek:

Nice nsx, I seen this on ebay as well. I cant beleive its an actual race car for sale.

All that money in that car and running a fram oil filter? :eek:

That’s how rumors get started… people repeating something someone else said. Fram makes great oil filters. The filter in this car is their HP series with about 4-times the filter capacity of the OE Honda filter. The HP series is used in all kinds of racing and I can’t think of a better filter regardless of price. Not even the Canton screen filter.

What you likely overheard about the Fram filter is related to the OE filter replacement, the Fram OE replacement is smaller and the oil passage hole pattern is different. I recommend that you should not use this in any tracked car. It’s likely OK to use on the street but I use the OE.

The C & R oil filter adapter bypass in this car came out of Peter Cunningham’s winning Realtime NSX. This $700 adaptor is made for the HP4 Fram filter and that was the filter Realtime recommended to use. When I picked it up from them it had this same Fram filter on it.

If it’s good enough for RTR it’s good enough for me.

Back