• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who's NSX Type R is this?

Hi

A friend in the norwegian Club Honda posted this picture from Nurburgring in Germany when he was there.

This must be the Type R that Honda brought over to let "The Stig" test (Top Gear)? Also the car that that guy sat a good lap record with on the Nurburgring.

But where is it now then? I am sure I could get used to that right hand drive if I only took the time :D

Regards

Attachments

• p7083962.jpg
    p7083962.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,450
After Nurburgring where NSX Type R was nearly as fast as a Lambo Murcelacio or Porsche GT2, a german car-magazine "AutoMotorSport" wanted to make an engine-HP-Test. But Honda disallowed it! Why ? We all do not know.

Anyway, Jenson Button will get the first official private ride with NSX Type R in Europe, when Honda is going to introduce type R for sale in UK next spring.

danpiu said:
After Nurburgring where NSX Type R was nearly as fast as a Lambo Murcelacio or Porsche GT2, a german car-magazine "AutoMotorSport" wanted to make an engine-HP-Test. But Honda disallowed it! Why ? We all do not know.

Anyway, Jenson Button will get the first official private ride with NSX Type R in Europe, when Honda is going to introduce type R for sale in UK next spring.

yup, button will the be the FIRST in europe to own a nsx-r. before anyone else. i think honda gave it to him if i remmeber correct. there was another thread on prime that showed sato test driving the nsx-r and his impressions. i've also read that there will only be less then 10 in europe. anyone confirm?

It's possible that the horsepower test was disallowed because Honda didn't want it publicized that their little aluminium ingot has breached the age-old gentlemen's agreement between Japanese automakers not to produce cars for the domestic market that exceed 280bhp. It's silly, in a way, because I doubt anyone really believes the Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) only makes 280bhp.

has breached the age-old gentlemen's agreement between Japanese automakers

that ol' thing flew out the window a few years ago, but keeps being perpetuated. Back when the (then new) skyline came out. They admitted in a few development stories (for the skyline) that agreement was over.

NSX-R

Hi Martin,

the white NSX-R with licence plate OF-RD 86 is the sport-auto supertest car with a sensational Nürburgring laptime
(8.01 minutes).

This picture was shoot at the Nürburgring guest pit lane in the middle of Döttinger Höhe.
Driver of the car was Timo Schrick, a prof german race driver.

Last year at the same time, GS-Motorsport near Cologne in Germany started to prepair that car for the 24h race.

For all people wanna see that car live......
This NSX-R will start at that 24h race this year again.... together
with an NSX from the JGTC series.

Some pictures about that project

http://www.gs-motorsport.com/Bilder/Folge_1_gr.jpg
http://www.gs-motorsport.com/Bilder/Folge_2_gr_a.jpg
http://www.gs-motorsport.com/Bilder/Folge_3_gr_a.jpg
http://www.gs-motorsport.com/Bilder/Folge_4_gr_a.jpg
http://www.gs-motorsport.com/Bilder/Folge_4_gr_b.jpg
http://adac.24h-rennen.de/live/pixx/Zieleinlauf/20030601-090.jpg

Wanna have better and bigger pictures... let me know.

Maybe we see us at this event this year.

Last edited:
NSX-R

And.....

a last information about the engine.

I know from a serious dyno test before that the NSX-R goes to the different manufacturers to built in some racing stuff.

308 HP at the crank....but with no cats inside.
Also the ECU was a special one.

After some other mods (airbox, headers, exhaust)
the NSX-R was dynoed with 330 HP.

In Germany its an open secret that all cars from all manufacturers are'selected' and special prepared for this test.
And... noone put the cars at the dyno...after.

Hi

More pictures here

The pictures where taken by one of the members of the norwegian Club Honda when he visited Nurburgring.

He tells in the post with the picture that he got 3 laps as a passenger in a Porsche 911 Carrera RS. The driver drives touring cars in Germany and Belgium. He also has twin turbo Porsche 959 with over 600hk on Spa.

Including this if anybody knows who he is talking about

Regards

Switches?

Thanks for the pic's.

Does anyone know what the switches in "coin tray" do? And more importantly, can we get that piece with switches in the states? Would anyone have part numbers??? TIA

Attachments

• switches.jpg
    switches.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,034
Hi

Do not know the part number, but one button is to turn on the rear fog light. One is for the front fog light. One is to adjust the hight of the headlamps.

That is what it is on the 91 NSX. You have fixed headlamps on the Type R so the the adjust button is not there.

At least that is what I think they are for on the Type R too. Could be to activate the fluxcapacitator though :D

Edit:One button is for front headlight washers too on the 1991

Regards

Re: Switches?

NSXF1 said:
Thanks for the pic's.

Does anyone know what the switches in "coin tray" do? And more importantly, can we get that piece with switches in the states? Would anyone have part numbers??? TIA

Of the top two buttons on the official Hong Kong import version (which is the same as the UK version), one is for switching on the front fog lamps, while the other is for switching on the rear fog lamps. The two buttons on the bottom are for activating the headlight washer and for adjusting the angle of the headlights (something you'd supposedly do in accordance to variations in the amount of load you're carrying).

Last edited:
Oh, forgot to mention that the bottom two buttons might well be disabled, as they are on my current JDM car, owing to the fact that there are no headlight washers on JDM cars in the first place, regardless of model year, and that this NSX-R is based on NA2, with the fixed headlamps as someone mentioned above. And in place of the rear fog lamp switch, I have a button that allows me to raise the antenna by only half way (terrific for when you want to drive under an 18-wheeler, a la The Fast And The Furious.):D

Last edited:
Lazarus said:
It's possible that the horsepower test was disallowed because Honda didn't want it publicized that their little aluminium ingot has breached the age-old gentlemen's agreement between Japanese automakers not to produce cars for the domestic market that exceed 280bhp. It's silly, in a way, because I doubt anyone really believes the Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) only makes 280bhp.

The TT supra has been makin 320hp for the past 10 years...

wow what a dope ride. coolest nsx by far. damn this just put me back in the market!!!!!! can i buy this badboy in a lhd?

I read somewhere, in some American magazine, that some testers got ahold of an R34 and dynoed it. They estimated 330 lb.ft. and 350 horsepower at the crank. Which, combined with the AWD launch traction, would explain the sub 13-second quarter mile run by Best Motoring.

The japanese gentelmens agreement is to STATe the car only makes 280hp flywheel. but in reality... most of the 4 super tt cars of japan were really making 280whp. that's where the 320hp flywheel comes from.

and yes, in japan the cars came with the 320hp motors. the only bad thing, they were goverend to have a very low top speed. do you really think usa would have better motors then jdm motors?

Governors on Japanese cars

I believe all Japanese cars are goverened to 160 km/h or 100mph, however on the sportier cars these governors are removed by the new owners once they drive the cars off the lot and around the corner.

Also, Supras and the like leave the factory under/ around 300 hp but again after they are sold the turbos are boosted by after market manufacturers to their outrageous monster horsepower. The NSX is NA so it does not have this option.

Back