• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who's the Best Clear Bra Guy in the Bay Area?

Hello everyone,

I've finally decided it's time for a clear bra. Taking off and putting on the conventional one is a pain. Can anyone with recent experience in the San Fran Bay area recommend a clear bra installer and if you wouldn't mind what the general cost would be?

Thanks.:smile:

Use the search function in the red bar near the top of the website - it's between New Posts and Quick Links.

You will find good discussions for clear bra in the Bay Area. Be sure to use an advanced search and search the Northwest Forum.

I went to Gruppe-S and the guy there named Jeremy installed a clear bra on our G35. Did a great job and good price too..

I believe he doesn't really work there, he just use their shop to install clear-bras.

Here's the contact info:
http://www.gruppe-s.com/Contact/about_us.htm

Call them up and ask if they're still doin it. They're located in Hayward.

Go to Vince at Omega TintWerks

Pretty well known throughout the tuning crowd. I've had several tints done from him but never clear bra. But i've seen his work with the clear bras. He's good.

I had mine done by Premier Mobile Group after doing some research on this forum for Bay Area specific clear film installers.

http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/

Good product and professional service.

Unfortunately, there was some difficulty wrapping the mirrors and the edges were "bubbling" but it could have been to how agressively they were trying to cover them. However they stood by their work and resolved the issue.

I essentially had the entire front end of the car covered. You don't even know the film is there unless you purposely look for it.

If you have a chance to go down to their shop to visit prior, chances are you will find some other choice vehicles having a clear film installed. THey also come well recommened from the F and P car groups.

--
George

I would highly recommend Sam at Premier Paint Protection Films / Premier Mobile Group for the PPF.
You can also contact Mike Lee of Detailing Dynamics who is also an NSX owner for paint protection films.

I would also recommend Sam at Premiere. I have had 2 cars wrapped by them and they do an excellent job.

I would highly recommend Sam at Premier Paint Protection Films / Premier Mobile Group for the PPF.
You can also contact Mike Lee of Detailing Dynamics who is also an NSX owner for paint protection films.

Called these guys and they said they're not doing this anymore. Recommended Premier.

I would also recommend Sam at Premiere. I have had 2 cars wrapped by them and they do an excellent job.

Did you get full coverage on your hood and fender or 1/3 coverage, and how much did it cost? I am thinking of making an appointment at Premier. My friend got his Clear Bra done at Premier, and I was very impressed. No seams on the hood and fender (full coverage), because the Clear Bra is wrap around the edge of the hood and fenders.

Last edited:
jeremy is good, i've seen him clear bra several types of vehicles.. he's on i-club.com username krinkov, if you want to get a hold of him.. or i can get his email and edit this later

Hi folks,

I have a general question about clear bra. I was told if one wants to install one it is best to install on brand new or recently purchased new cars. Once the car has been driven for a while, or an older car, it is not recommend to put the clear bra on because it will actually magnify the imperfection(s) on the paint.

Also personally I think the clear bra is harder to be detected on lighter color cars but much easier to be detected on darker colors. I saw one on a black TL and the lines were quite obvious and it didn't look too good to me.

I had the clear bra installed on one of my new car (not the NSX) at Clear Armor in Redwood Shore, the fit is pretty good but they did not cleaned the car very well before installing it, so I can see some residue (such as dead bugs) underneath the clear bra - pissed me off, so I don't recommend using them. Or if you go there or anywhere, make sure you mention to clean the areas very well before the installation.

Did you get full coverage on your hood and fender or 1/3 coverage, and how much did it cost? I am thinking of making an appointment at Premier. My friend got his Clear Bra done at Premier, and I was very impressed. No seams on the hood and fender (full coverage), because the Clear Bra is wrap around the edge of the hood and fenders.

You know, you would think that I would have taken my own advice:rolleyes: I had my clear bra put on by some place in Sacramento. The only reason why I went with them is because I didnt want to drive my car and risk rock chips when I was on my way home. Bad move. I have it peeling in 2 different corners and need to have it redone. Needless to say, that I will have Sam redo it when I get the chance. He can definitely do the whole hood without a seam as well as the front area. I had it done on my X5 and my IS350 and Sam and company did a terrific job. They are regarded as the best in the business.

Hi folks,

I have a general question about clear bra. I was told if one wants to install one it is best to install on brand new or recently purchased new cars. Once the car has been driven for a while, or an older car, it is not recommend to put the clear bra on because it will actually magnify the imperfection(s) on the paint.

Also personally I think the clear bra is harder to be detected on lighter color cars but much easier to be detected on darker colors. I saw one on a black TL and the lines were quite obvious and it didn't look too good to me.

I had the clear bra installed on one of my new car (not the NSX) at Clear Armor in Redwood Shore, the fit is pretty good but they did not cleaned the car very well before installing it, so I can see some residue (such as dead bugs) underneath the clear bra - pissed me off, so I don't recommend using them. Or if you go there or anywhere, make sure you mention to clean the areas very well before the installation.

I have seen bad clear bra installation where seam lines were very visible at every gap. I guess this happens when the clear bra is installed from pre cut material. The pre cut matieral is about 1/4 inch smaller (1/8 inch on each side) than the hood or other panels. My friends yellow Carrea was installed at Premier. I could not fine a seam between the hood both fenders. I am working out my schedule to see when I can schedule an appointment at Premier. My friend's 1986 yellow Carrea had some rock chips on the hood before the clear bra. I don't think the clear bra magnified the chip at all. It could be the color yellow is more forgiving. I do know that black and dark color car are more prone to drawing imperfection to the eye.

Last edited:
Premier.
I have friends who have had Premier wrap their entire car (Enzo, CGT, etc.).
I didn't even notice that Omid's Enzo was wrapped until he told me. They are that good.

happy with my clear bra

ClearArmor did mine :smile:

chromatose, I've seen that Enzo before. I was shopping for a F355 and saw a stunning red one in for service there. The salesman was trying to sell me on the bra for the car as well and told me it is on the Enzo. I couldn't believe it, but then I noticed another car there that was very very noticeable. He told me it was done by cleararmour and that they will not be using them anymore. Premier is that good. I just need to bring my NSX back in to get the side sill covered because I keep scuffing it w/ my shoes.

Just scheduled my appointment at Premier to do a complete coverage from the windshield forward, plus the rear view mirrors. Tired of getting paint chips up front.

Last edited:
Back