• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why are my tires for sale thread removed

I think I didn't understand why my Yokohama tires for sale threads were deleted. Didn't know you couldn't bump until 30 days.

I kept listing a new thread because the previous was deleted. Didn't realize I was breaking any rules.

I just want to sell me tires, please tell me how I can go about that?

thank you, I really appreciate it.

Glenn

How do mods delete your thread which was bumped early yet have not noticed my double post in the for sale section that is over 2 weeks old asking to please be deleted (with a bump!). Hello???

How do mods delete your thread which was bumped early yet have not noticed my double post in the for sale section that is over 2 weeks old asking to please be deleted (with a bump!). Hello???
I'll bet $100 that you didn't bother reporting your post to the moderators, which is how to bring it to their attention so they will delete it. (I just did so, so it will almost certainly be deleted shortly.)

I'll bet $100 that you didn't bother reporting your post to the moderators, which is how to bring it to their attention so they will delete it. (I just did so, so it will almost certainly be deleted shortly.)

I'll bet a million dollars that I didn't report my post to the moderators.

I will be sure to do that next time. Thanks :smile:

Last edited:
I think I didn't understand why my Yokohama tires for sale threads were deleted.

First you bumped your thread after only a few days and after being told about the 30 day rule you then started at least two if not three new threads for the same wheels despite the fact that you were already told you had to wait 30 days before bumping your 8/4 thread.

First you bumped your thread after only a few days and after being told about the 30 day rule you then started at least two if not three new threads for the same wheels despite the fact that you were already told you had to wait 30 days before bumping your 8/4 thread.

Ding ding ding

I think I didn't understand why my Yokohama tires for sale threads were deleted. Didn't know you couldn't bump until 30 days.

I kept listing a new thread because the previous was deleted. Didn't realize I was breaking any rules.

I just want to sell me tires, please tell me how I can go about that?

thank you, I really appreciate it.

Glenn

You should read for sale ad first before you posted up for sale. I had the same problem in the pass haha

Ok no problem, should have read the rules first. I assume i have to wait until 9/4/12 to post the tires for sale again?

Just a recommmendation, in addition to having the rules - you should create a stuck thread in the for sale section that's called:

"WHY WAS MY THREAD DELETED?"

In that thread, list out different scenarios that would cause it to be deleted and just point everyone to that thread when they ask dumb questions. Another forum I frequent used to do that and it worked like a charm. :)

Ok no problem, should have read the rules first. I assume i have to wait until 9/4/12 to post the tires for sale again?
When you post something for sale, you can only have ONE topic for selling it. You can't post the tires for sale again.

If your tires are for sale, I don't understand why you asked for the topic to be closed. That's usually done when something has been sold. If your tires are still for sale, the proper way to go about it would be to ask the moderators to re-open the topic, and then to delete your post asking for it to be closed. You can do this by clicking on the "report" icon next to your post, the button that looks like this:

report.gif

Once it's re-opened and you've removed the request to close the topic, your for sale post is from July 24 so you will be able to "bump" the topic - meaning, you can add a reply to your existing topic - after one month, so you can do that on August 24.

Disclaimer: I am not a moderator and I don't speak for the moderators.

Same thing happened with me.. I had posted up a thead for my HRE rims/tires for sale and for some reason it was deleted. Just this morning I received a messege from adminstrator stating that my post was moved. I tried to reply to the admins email and of course it would not allow me to reply. So now I am searching around to see where it was moved to... I am sure it was deleted..

Same thing happened with me.. I had posted up a thead for my HRE rims/tires for sale and for some reason it was deleted. Just this morning I received a messege from adminstrator stating that my post was moved. I tried to reply to the admins email and of course it would not allow me to reply. So now I am searching around to see where it was moved to... I am sure it was deleted..

I can guarantee a for sale wasn't moved to anywhere other than a for sale section. Besides, you can just click on your profile and click on VIEW ALL THREADS CREATED BY YOURSELF and it will list out any activity you have on the site, rather than going around and randomly looking through the various forums.

My post was removed and is not listed in the sale section I originally posted in.

I've read all 3 of your for sale threads, and including the new one you just posted up. All I can tell you is all 3 of your threads sucked. First one had a price, but no pictures or details; just "HRE wheels for sale" is like same as car for sale with no make or model. Second one was the same except you tell people to dig for photos that you uploaded to your album. Your last thread (the new one) is still garbage. You got pictures, but no price, no wheel specs, no wheel model, no tire depth, no wheel condition.

How do you expect to sell $2000 wheels with no information???

Thanks for the feedback... Also, I am familiar with going through my profile section and viewing all the threads I've created in which I've done several times and all 3 of my for sale thread were deleted. Only ones I was able to view were these..

I've read all 3 of your for sale threads, and including the new one you just posted up. All I can tell you is all 3 of your threads sucked. First one had a price, but no pictures or details; just "HRE wheels for sale" is like same as car for sale with no make or model. Second one was the same except you tell people to dig for photos that you uploaded to your album. Your last thread (the new one) is still garbage. You got pictures, but no price, no wheel specs, no wheel model, no tire depth, no wheel condition.

This is your answer.

When posting a FS ad, always look at your own ad as if you might be an interested buyer. Put as much information as you would want to know in order to purchase. I seriously doubt you would buy wheels for $2k without knowing anything about them.

DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS and of course PHOTOS!

When you post something for sale, you can only have ONE topic for selling it. You can't post the tires for sale again.

If your tires are for sale, I don't understand why you asked for the topic to be closed. That's usually done when something has been sold. If your tires are still for sale, the proper way to go about it would be to ask the moderators to re-open the topic, and then to delete your post asking for it to be closed. You can do this by clicking on the "report" icon next to your post, the button that looks like this:

report.gif

Once it's re-opened and you've removed the request to close the topic, your for sale post is from July 24 so you will be able to "bump" the topic - meaning, you can add a reply to your existing topic - after one month, so you can do that on August 24.

Disclaimer: I am not a moderator and I don't speak for the moderators.

thanks for your response. I think part of the confusion is that i had two different threads for tires for sale. The bridgestones are no longer available so I ask that that thread be locked.

I still need to sell the Yokohamas. Can I relist them 30 days from now?

This NSX site is the best site to sell them. I should have read the rules didn't know bumps weren't allowed. Didn't realize why my threads were deleted that is why I kept relisting it.

I just want to sell my tires, if I need to wait until next month, no problem.

How do I relist when the 30 days are up? Do I relist the tires?

The comments you make here are about the quality of a for-sale post - in other words, whether it gives the reader enough information to make an informed decision on whether to buy. Lack of such information is NOT grounds for a topic to be deleted. Topics are deleted by moderators only when they do not conform to the rules for which a link is displayed at the top of each classified forum.

Again, I am not a moderator and I do not speak for them. But this is what I have observed as the policy here at NSXprime.

Back