• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why does BBSC needs fuel management and CTSC do not?

They both need Engine Managment to account for the change in air/fuel needed.

The CTSC does have the most basic of fuel management and also relies on the higher intake temps to trick the OEM ECU into removing the needed timing for the engine to survive the added boost. The CTSC uses an ESM provided with the kit to stop the OEM ECU from seeing the boost with the MAP sensor, and a Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator combined with a Boost-a-pump for added fuel.

The BBSC's tried to correct both fuel and timing with a piggy back ECU made by Split Second, they were never completely developed and when installed could cause detonation and engine failure, most if not all were removed and an AEM ECU or AEM F/IC were installed to handle the engine management.

Dave

Is it true that BBSC needs fuel management and CTSC do not? If so, can someone please explain.

They both need fuel management. But a CTSC kit is mostly sold used and all the time new with all the fuel management goodies since it was part of the kit.

BBSC on the other hand like stated earlier used a split second box which was never really perfected and was very dangerous. Leaving fuel management up to the user unless you wanted a blown motor. Whether is be an AEM EMS or FIC or whichever method one plans to use. Which would be a safe route.

For example I currently have a BBSC kit for sale but it is not being sold with any fuel management. I would not sell it with a Split second box that could be dangerous so one would have to resolve that issue with an EMS or FIC. Simple fix.

I see, therefore it will require tuning, correct?

Correct. Although I would tune anything I install on my car whether it be a CTSC or bbsc or any kit that comes with a basic tuning fix. Nothing like an actual Dyno tune. Or even a nice street tune to smooth out those afrs and maximize power.

Back