• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why I pulled my NSX from the For Sale list.

I've gotten several PMs asking why I decided not to sell my NSX at this time. First, let me tell you why I was thinking of selling it.

1. My present job has little job security after GE bought the company I’ve worked for for 23 years.

2. I and two partners have started a computer company www.cmycomp.com and I could use the money to grow the company faster.

3. I've had the NSX 3 years and sometimes THINK I'm getting a bit tired of it.

4. I'm getting older and the luxury cars with lots of gadgets appeal to me.

So, when I had what I thought was a serious interest (I did not accept any money and made no commitment). I went car shopping to see what I could replace it with. My first choice was the new Acura RL, followed by the Audi S4, and Lexus SC430. I spent a day driving each of the cars I thought would replace the NSX.

So what did I learn? For what I can get for the NSX, I cannot replace it with a car that excites me. The cars I looked at would be great along with the NSX, but not as a replacement for it.

So I decided for now to keep it because:

1. I have it just the way I like it. The Tubi for sound, the MP3 player for tunes, the HID for sight, and the door mounted tweeters to make the stereo ALMOST good.

2. If my job goes away and I become destitute, the NSX will be better equity than a new car I'd buy with its money today.

3. With the sun out and the roof off, it still makes me smile :)

Sorry to anyone I've inconvienenced.

Best wishes
Mike Clemens

ceeya32 said:
Well said Mike, I miss mine something terrible!

I'll second that. Selling the NSX has put me on the brink of insanity.

Otto

Mike,

Glad to hear you are keeping the car.

I have seen it in person and it is perfect and beautiful! If I were in the market for a newer spa, your car would be the one!

If you ever get tired of the Tubi, let me know :wink:

Good luck with the current job and any future ventures.

pt91 said:
Mike,

Glad to hear you are keeping the car.

I have seen it in person and it is perfect and beautiful! If I were in the market for a newer spa, your car would be the one!

If you ever get tired of the Tubi, let me know :wink:

Good luck with the current job and any future ventures.

AWWWW.. Thanks! :)

Glad you kept her. She's a beauty.

I just shot you a PM.

That is the second time I've heard that....or similar

My best friend has owned (2) NSX's, and since I've had mine, he was going to buy another one again. He was holding off until he had test drove a G35, then he test drove the new Pontiac GTO, also a BMW 740.

Long story short, even though the NSX I have, or some of you have 91-95...these are 10 to 14 year old cars that STILL OUT PERFORM, RIDE, HANDLE, and plain old look better than anything out there.

He said, NO NEW CAR, unless it's a NSX. Doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy :rolleyes:

otto_joe said:
I'll second that. Selling the NSX has put me on the brink of insanity.

Otto

Selling a Sebring Silver NSX....that is never a good idea. ;)

Still not as exciting as the NSX, but if you like gadgets, I really liked the Infiniti M45. You might want to wait a year until the buzz dies down a bit as most dealers aren't discounting them at all now.

har har, jeff, i'm glad you didnt pull your (read: my) nsx off the selling block =)
i've been very happy with it :biggrin:

jlindy said:
Still not as exciting as the NSX, but if you like gadgets, I really liked the Infiniti M45. You might want to wait a year until the buzz dies down a bit as most dealers aren't discounting them at all now.

I would rather have your E39 M5....that car is SUPER FUN!! :D

khappucino said:
har har, jeff, i'm glad you didnt pull your (read: my) nsx off the selling block =)
i've been very happy with it :biggrin:

I was very happy with it too. :wink:

Meeyatch1 said:
I would rather have your E39 M5....that car is SUPER FUN!! :D
I agree as well. :wink: I obviously picked the E39 over the M45, but as far as gadgets go, the M45 has a lot of really cool features which seemed to fit what MikeC was originally looking for. The M5 does have some good features standard, it is not close to the M45 in that category. However, the kick in the pants when you punch the gas from the M5 greatly exceeds any features in the M45. Both cars still have nowhere near the feel of the NSX, but still fun to drive.

Meeyatch1 said:
Selling a Sebring Silver NSX....that is never a good idea. ;)

Hi

I know a guy that did just that :)

Now he thinks he can live without the NSX he bought when he found out how wrong it was to sell the Sebring Silver :)

Gheba you know what I mean. Instead of that beautiful black NSX of your you have the Vespa..will it provide the adrenaline rush you need? :)

Regards

gheba_nsx said:
:p

Actually my car is still for sale but I am not really pushing it! :)

Hi

When you get that Vespe upgraded a couple of horsepowers I see no reason to hang on to the NSX :biggrin:

Regards

I bought my '91 Sebring Silver 2 1/2 years ago. I bought it because I always thought it was a "cool" car. I had every intention of enjoying it for 1 year and then selling it for something else.

I have since added Comptech headers, Taitec exhaust, Type R suspension, s/s brake lines, high temp brake fluid, XP8 track pads, all rear non compliance goodies. All I have to say is that there is no way in hell that I would sell this phenominal car. My car is incredible on the track. I would have to spend huge dollars to buy a car that looks as good, is faster and handles as good (360 Modena, GT3 and not much else). I will absolutely not be selling this car. I would really be bummed without it and there is nothing that I would replace it with. The NSX is incredible and I love it. I'm adding a big brake kit soon for the track and then it should be nearly complete.
Ryan

I must say Mike I was pretty upset when you told me that you decided not to sell. I understood though. The car looked flawless from the pics you sent me. The really funny thing is that after you changed your mind I bought an S4. Not completely what I wanted but, will do for now. Good luck with the car and if you decide to sell it you have my phone number still.

No hard feelings,

Chris

Thanks Chris for understanding. Wow.. an S4. That's one of the cars I'd consider getting. How do you like it so far?

Its kind of hard to tell so far. Still going through the engine break in period. Its very comfortable. The only bad thing is that my fiance wants to drive it!!!! I am happy with it so far.

Back