• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

why is NSXPrime so Slow?!?! We need to do something!

this has to be the slowest board ever for all the car i've owned so far. We have next to no events for the Tri-state area? What's going on?!?!

Let's plan for a meet somewhere in the New York area where we can meet and get together. Anyone up for it?!

Please don't let this post have like 1 reply!

I'm not really sure what you mean by your use of "slow." Are you saying that the Prime site is slow as in server overload or are you somehow suggesting that there is no activity in the Northeast. If it is the latter, perhaps you somehow overlooked www.nsxuppereast.com along with numerous threads scheduling events such as:

1. lunch at Fuddruckers
2. River Run
3. Track days at Lime Rock and Watkins Glen
4. Botanical Gardens outing
5. New Hampshire weekend
6. Kids Day at Watkins Glen
7. Mt. Greylock outing
8. Maine car show
9. NSXPO 2004

THonda said:
this has to be the slowest board ever for all the car i've owned so far. We have next to no events for the Tri-state area? What's going on?!?!

Hey THonda,

I thought they stopped selling those ephedra pills!:D j/k... Could the reason for this forum not to be as active as you have been used to (with previous car ownership and their respective forums) because there are not as many NSXs overall (and owners) as your previous ownerships?

no activity, all those events are a bit far...i am thinking of a tri-state area events, drives, dinners, meets etc.

While it is true that there are not as many nsx's overall, but check out the ferrari board. They have a event just about every weekend! btw, it was an ex-nsx now ferrari owner that promoted me to start this post :)

Okay maybe because I have no life and my world always revolve around cars :D

i do think that locally nsx owners can be a more active.
yes, there is the nsxca, and its events for the northeast, and it the events are great and well organized.
but the events are "big deals" and too far scheduled apart.

i agree with the issue of having less nsx cars in world etc...
but that doesnt mean that its justified not having few quick runs/meets/lunches/dinners now and then (weekly or every other week at least) on the local level.

t, you have an awesome looking and sounding car.
all of you guys are in for a big surprise and treat.

... NSXPO will be without a doubt great,
approx. 3 months to go! yippee!

... or maybe i'm with you t, i have no life but cars!

just my $0.02 from a former owner.

You guys missed a great wkend at Pocono with pda Gregg ,Jadkar, and myself played on the north course in beautiful weather! Don't waste your time waiting for the world to come to you...go get it!Btw John did great,he made me proud:)

I belong to a local car club and we have meets every week but that is a non nsx specific car meet. If you guys would like to start a local weekly meet for our tri state area im game. Im right over the whitestone/throgs neck bridge from you T.

NYCO1,

Didn't you own your NSX only about a month? I guess that qualifies as a previous owner?

T,

Get off your butts and organize an event!! LOL

Help is available from NSXCA: You can get a mailing list and other support.

I think part of the reason there is less happening this year, is the most active event organizers are working on NSXPO.

I am sure there are a ton of guys down the tri-state area just looking for destination.

Have Fun,

Rich

Last edited:
THonda said:
no activity, all those events are a bit far...i am thinking of a tri-state area events, drives, dinners, meets etc.

Considering that 6 out of the 9 events I listed above were in NY/NJ/CT, typically referred to as the tri-state area, I have to assume that you are referring to events that you expect others to take the initiative to organize and that are closer to where you live.

I don't want to sound too sarcastic but I think it is important to recognize that a lot of time and effort are put into organizing tri-state events and many have benefitted by the hard work of several northeasterners. These include LarryB with his Poker Rally in Orange County, Don Gallo with the River Run in New Jersey, Peter Mills with his track events including Kids Day at the Glen and Mealtime with RealTime at Lime Rock, Ernie Ragin with the Weekend at Ernie's BBQ in Long Island, Rich Hutte with his Weekend in New Hampshire and the incredible amounts of time being put in by Peter and Larry to organize NSXPO 2004.

All of these events have been well-attended by NSXers from Maryland through Canada. As DocJohn pointed out, you can't wait for the world to come to you. Sometimes you need to get a full tank of gas and travel a little to enjoy these events and you will realize that there is a lot more to do than just meeting somewhere in a parking lot.

Last edited:
rich,

i was only giving my $.02.
yes i do believe that purchasing and selling my car within a month qualifies me as a previous owner. what do you consider as qualifications?
i spent a good 2-3 months researching the NSX before plunking down $60K.
and after driving it hard for a month, the car wasnt for me so i moved on.
i had a bmw m car for less than a year, does that qualify me as a
bmw owner?
i have a 360 now, for only 3 months, does that qualify me as a ferrari owner?

i just chimed in to support t because i felt the same way when i had the car.

btw... i loved the nsx. the community is great and i've met great people. i will be attending nsxpo, not as an OWNER but as a
fan of the nsx and its history.

jon c.

OK, I have to chime in, I tried to hold off as long as I can.

I'm confused, although I have to admit we don't have an event every weekend, we do have quite a few. This year is NSXPO and many of our "hard core" NSX guys have been hard at work preparing for it, and believe me it will be insane. But, even with that going on you guys have had 8 chances to hook up with some of us and hang out. I went to 8 events already this year where there were multiple NSXs and I didn't see either of you :confused: :confused: :confused: Out of those only one was far, but then again you guys claim to have nothing to do but car stuff so what's a small jaunt to New Hampshire?? Just look at this weekend, out of Saturday and Sunday I chose Saturday to go to Pocono and drive on a real track with other NSXs. Sunday I'm home working on my house and spending time with Mrs. JADKAR:D:D I was really thinking of going out and meeting you guys at Palisades tonight, but to tell you the truth I have really out grown meeting in mall parking lots and going to the "Nanuet races" Plus, I don't think I have the heart to bother RSO for any more legal advice:)

Anyway, I'm truly not trying to flame, and I really would love to get together more often with some of you guys and just hang out. It's just hard to take you guys seriously when I haven't seen you at the 8 events I already attended:(

PS: The 8 events I have been to have been since late May (this year). So that makes just about 1 event every other weekend thus far!! Some of those were 2 day gatherings, so really NSX Northeast isn't slow:cool:

DocJohn,
Thanks for the compliments. I place you, Peter, and Bob in extremely high regard, and any positive comments about my driving mean a lot to me:):)

points taken.

i am a fan foremost and did not mean to start anything thing
by my posts. hope to meet you guys at future events.

thanks,
jon

NYOC1,

My point is, for you to have had the car a month, not be an owner ANYMORE and complain about the amount of NSX activity in the region is slightly insulting to me.

Nothing wrong with being a fan, but I think I take your opinion on the volume of activity as hollow complaining.

I could more readily accept your opinions on event volume:

If you still had an NSX and if you made an effort, in your MONTH of ownership, to organize an event, that's all.

I don't see how your Previous BMW, and current 360 apply to my point. I can list off a very long list previous cars owned. I now choose to own a NSX.

Best of luck with your 360, nice car, enjoy.

Rich

Last edited:
rich,

dont be so sensitive.

a) having owned an nsx, even for a month i consider myself
a previous owner, thus i can express my thoughts on the tri-state nsx region. does this mean now that i have to terminate my
nsxca membership?
b) i am not trying to insult, attack etc... any nsx owners.
i apolizge if i did. i know many owners are active and hard at work prepping for nsxpo.
c) i only listed the cars to illustrate a point of being your "previous owner" point. i thought that your comment was an insult to me. i consider myself having qualifications to voice whatever comments i have with those car communities having previous ownership to whatever the time period. i consider myself an alumni.

i know of and respect your work in the nsx community, i did not
to intend to attack you or the community, i just wanted
to support my friends post which i once shared a common view on.

i think i explained myself and i am done with posting on this thread. take care, be safe, and have fun at all future events.

jon

well today's meet was fun, but i'm going to work on getting to know more of the local nsx owners around my way.
mike

gone for only a few hours look at this crap, it is obvious some people here are very sensitive. I under none of the oldies like the new guys to come in here and complain... But bottom line is, this post wouldn't be here if this board was active, or if there are just events (yes event organized by others, usually done by the oldies) I can go to.

That being said, take my post and jon's post as something being positive. Btw instead of wasting your time here on the board all of you are only a few hour drive away from today's meet right :D

jadkar said:

Anyway, I'm truly not trying to flame, and I really would love to get together more often with some of you guys and just hang out. It's just hard to take you guys seriously when I haven't seen you at the 8 events I already attended

take my post for whatever it is worth, serious or not serious, but i've only had my nsx for 2 weeks and the 1 week the car was under construction.

i don't mean to flame, but you thought of coming out to meet some fellow nsx owners but you grew out of the parking lot meets? Does that mean you are better than us? or just you are an old fart :D hehehe

Does that mean you are better than us?
I definitely never said that. I just said....I grew out of meeting in parking lots:)

or just you are an old fart
Only 2 years older then you....physically that is:D:D

No seriously, I was gonna come out. But.....

1) it was way too last minute
2) Didn't seem like any definite plans were made
3) If it did rain I didn't want to be driving around looking for a place to go (mall closes at 6:00)
4) This old fart was at the track yesterday from 8:00AM to 5:45PM and quite frankly I'm beat:D:D

Back